EBAY: CGC 9.4 Bloodshot #0 Platinum (Not Mine)

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MistressofMayhem
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot Reborn
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa
Re: EBAY: CGC 9.4 Bloodshot #0 Platinum (Not Mine)

Post by MistressofMayhem »

The one thing that hasn’t been taken into account about the price is that it’s on websites that require fees to be paid. At 3k on eBay 10% goes to them and 2.7% goes to PayPal. Some of you noted that they are consistent on 25-2600. That is roughly what would be left after the fees are paid. It may not be a 3k book, but markups are required to get the price you want. 2500 up from 1700 back in 2017 isn’t that big of spike on a book like this. We see modern books printed in the hundreds of thousands have bigger jumps that are readily available.

unityshadowman
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman (V1)
Favorite title: Divinity/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire
Favorite artist: Cowan/Larosa

Post by unityshadowman »

Help us build the X-O Micro Print Gallery:
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=48431

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

So the game begins...

I think that a 9.8 Platinum could sell for $10,000. Absolutely.

Not at this stage though. I suspect that the type of collectors with the motivation and pockets to buy it are not ready to jump all in on this yet as no recent sales data for this book exists to provide them an updated/current baseline price/value expectation.

What would need to happen is a highly publicized auction with a few interested parties competing.

That would set the baseline, and signal to the market what sort of prices to expect moving forward.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

Why would they put in a cbcs slab. It would be worth their while to switch it to a CGC slab.

labratnotincluded
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter

Post by labratnotincluded »

magnus20009 wrote:
Why would they put in a cbcs slab. It would be worth their while to switch it to a CGC slab.
I think they save a few dollars by using CBCS :)

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

And another one on the market. I seem to recall this one being available before. Is that correct?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283672387069?u ... fresh=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I offered $850, but was outright rejected. I think that's what it's likely worth - in the 8.5 range, if I had to hazard a guess.

unityshadowman
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman (V1)
Favorite title: Divinity/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire
Favorite artist: Cowan/Larosa

Post by unityshadowman »

Saw that too. Does something look off with this Plat to you? I have a CGC 8.5, and have seen others, but the distortion in the logo doesn't seem to be consistent with the others. Kind of curious (and suspect) as to why it hasn't been graded.
Help us build the X-O Micro Print Gallery:
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=48431

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

It's the back, you can see a heavy spine crease, and there is distortion in the middle making it look like it's slightly bent.

BloodShot
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS
EBAY: CGC 9.4 Bloodshot #0 Platinum (Not Mine)

Post by BloodShot »

unityshadowman wrote:Saw that too. Does something look off with this Plat to you? I have a CGC 8.5, and have seen others, but the distortion in the logo doesn't seem to be consistent with the others. Kind of curious (and suspect) as to why it hasn't been graded.
Honestly, I think this one’s a fake. Having personally owned two copies; both raw, of which one I had slabbed a CGC 9.6 and sold directly on this site; I completely agree with you “something” is off. The price/V1 logo box looks f&ckered up. NO other copies that I’ve seen look like that. Goofier still is the front cover looks “altered”...but the back cover doesn’t, regardless of the distortion in the middle, like Steve pointed out.

This is one I would heavily emphasize that whole “buyer beware” thingy.

Just me two pence.
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

unityshadowman wrote:Saw that too. Does something look off with this Plat to you? I have a CGC 8.5, and have seen others, but the distortion in the logo doesn't seem to be consistent with the others. Kind of curious (and suspect) as to why it hasn't been graded.
I think this book is legit. I have a raw copy that looks the same. I asked the seller to post some better pictures of the inside front/back cover.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

Received a notice that the raw platinum book sold. Funny, I don't usually get those for items I am watching, but don't buy. Anyway, thought I'd drop a note here.

lobo

Post by lobo »

nycjadie wrote:Received a notice that the raw platinum book sold. Funny, I don't usually get those for items I am watching, but don't buy. Anyway, thought I'd drop a note here.
I don't think it sold, the seller told me he will end the auction early. He wasn't overly keen to sell and is looking to get the book sent to CGC now.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

lobo wrote:
nycjadie wrote:Received a notice that the raw platinum book sold. Funny, I don't usually get those for items I am watching, but don't buy. Anyway, thought I'd drop a note here.
I don't think it sold, the seller told me he will end the auction early. He wasn't overly keen to sell and is looking to get the book sent to CGC now.
I think that's smart on his part. And everyone else will appreciate it, I'm sure.

Not_Bloodshot
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Favorite character: The Goat
Favorite writer: David Micheline
Favorite artist: Davis

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

I bought it and received it today. It’s my second platinum. The first one I have is a also raw but has no issues with the chromium from a layering perspective. This one has the same strange chromium issue on the front as the back cover. It is just more pronounced on the front cover, but if you open the front and rear cover, you see the same issue with the chromium and it’s consistent though the cover. There are also no scratches on the inner chromium.

Full transparency - this book has one minor bend on the back of the spine midway down the book and minor scuffs throughout the exterior front and back. (They appear to be scuffs from sliding it in and out of the bag. I have seen it on other chromium books.)

Here is a pic of both side by side in case anyone is curious to see that book vs a regular platinum.
64A1915E-5A61-46E2-BFD0-E514148B1C92.jpeg
64A1915E-5A61-46E2-BFD0-E514148B1C92.jpeg (172.75 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
I like the unique Valiant things. There are certain keys I want for my collection that I am still missing like the Shadowman 13 Davis cover. (I have the original Davis cover artwork, but I don’t have the actual book...) I also want a copy of the Harbinger 25 variant that sold last week for 825 but I stopped at 425...

If I were to compare this book to anything, I would say it’s more like the green label manufacturing error Bloodshot 0 on eBay that someone has listed for $855 and it is a platinum book. CGC lists that book as “Manufactured with partial silver ink on interior cover.” I thought the green label of death was only for signed books that they couldn’t validate...

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

Here is a, hopefully, better pic of the book in question:
037415C1-5AF6-492F-8066-09D8764062AD.jpeg
037415C1-5AF6-492F-8066-09D8764062AD.jpeg (521.16 KiB) Viewed 3500 times
And here is another of the regular:
480427B2-FFB2-4BA4-8901-7EFA3A135994.jpeg
480427B2-FFB2-4BA4-8901-7EFA3A135994.jpeg (620.18 KiB) Viewed 3500 times
And yes, the color of the one missing the inner silver is much less vibrant, it isn’t bad lighting...

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Interesting comparison. Thanks for sharing.

/Magnus

lobo

Post by lobo »

Not_Bloodshot wrote:I bought it and received it today. It’s my second platinum. The first one I have is a also raw but has no issues with the chromium from a layering perspective. This one has the same strange chromium issue on the front as the back cover. It is just more pronounced on the front cover, but if you open the front and rear cover, you see the same issue with the chromium and it’s consistent though the cover. There are also no scratches on the inner chromium.

Full transparency - this book has one minor bend on the back of the spine midway down the book and minor scuffs throughout the exterior front and back. (They appear to be scuffs from sliding it in and out of the bag. I have seen it on other chromium books.)

I like the unique Valiant things. There are certain keys I want for my collection that I am still missing like the Shadowman 13 Davis cover. (I have the original Davis cover artwork, but I don’t have the actual book...) I also want a copy of the Harbinger 25 variant that sold last week for 825 but I stopped at 425...

If I were to compare this book to anything, I would say it’s more like the green label manufacturing error Bloodshot 0 on eBay that someone has listed for $855 and it is a platinum book. CGC lists that book as “Manufactured with partial silver ink on interior cover.” I thought the green label of death was only for signed books that they couldn’t validate...
Can you post pictures of the inner front/back covers? Interested to see how the silver layer or lack of looks on the inside of the book.

That green label book looks to be exactly the same but its a regular cover edition. I see another copy graded CBCS.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

magnusr wrote:Interesting comparison. Thanks for sharing.

/Magnus
Agreed, many thanks for sharing. Super interesting book. Looks legit and with the defects I thought I saw in the picture. Great book!

The fact you have the Davis art but can’t find the book reminds when Christopher was looking for that Bloodshot variant for eons, and found the original Cully Hamner cover art for sale. Sometimes the art is easier to find than the book!

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

Here are pics of the inner front and back covers.
F2A51DD9-9E2A-4AE7-BCF2-CE420A8758DA.jpeg
F2A51DD9-9E2A-4AE7-BCF2-CE420A8758DA.jpeg (132.07 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
C5D22573-71A3-4412-B63C-6D5090559548.jpeg
C5D22573-71A3-4412-B63C-6D5090559548.jpeg (112.94 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
C4345751-B090-465E-910D-C240D72C1AC0.jpeg
C4345751-B090-465E-910D-C240D72C1AC0.jpeg (704.68 KiB) Viewed 3478 times

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

nycjadie wrote:

/Magnus
Agreed, many thanks for sharing. Super interesting book. Looks legit and with the defects I thought I saw in the picture. Great book!

The fact you have the Davis art but can’t find the book reminds when Christopher was looking for that Bloodshot variant for eons, and found the original Cully Hamner cover art for sale. Sometimes the art is easier to find than the book!
Yeah, it’s so weird. There is one person that has one on eBay. I’d like to pick it up, but he wants more than I’m want to pay. I’ll probably post this one on eBay for $15K even if it comes back as a 6.0. That way when my girlfriend asks when I’m going to sell some of these again, I’ll just show her and say, I’m trying but no one is buying... just like the Ducati baby! I know that 2006 Sport Classic is worth $100K, we just haven’t found the right buyer yet! So when you guys see it for $15K on eBay, don’t criticize. There’s a plan afoot!

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

duplicate

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Not_Bloodshot wrote:
nycjadie wrote:

/Magnus

Yeah, it’s so weird. There is one person that has one on eBay. I’d like to pick it up, but he wants more than I’m want to pay. I’ll probably post this one on eBay for $15K even if it comes back as a 6.0. That way when my girlfriend asks when I’m going to sell some of these again, I’ll just show her and say, I’m trying but no one is buying... just like the Ducati baby! I know that 2006 Sport Classic is worth $100K, we just haven’t found the right buyer yet! So when you guys see it for $15K on eBay, don’t criticize. There’s a plan afoot!

:lol:

lobo

Post by lobo »

Not_Bloodshot wrote:
nycjadie wrote:

/Magnus

Check midway through this thread:
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=52663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I put up pics up of the copy I have, looks to be the same as yours. I don't know if the seller mentioned it, and you can ask to confirm, but he said he picked up this copy in the Philippines back in the day and kept it ever since. I can confirm that my copy was purchased from a comic shop in Singapore 'back in the day' and I bought from a seller still living there. So the origins of these error books make them a bit more exotic and interesting. Who knows if any more of these can be found in North America, but someone needs to scour the Asian comic shop scene to see if anymore can be flushed out!

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

lobo wrote:
Not_Bloodshot wrote:
nycjadie wrote:

/Magnus

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=52663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I put up pics up of the copy I have, looks to be the same as yours. I don't know if the seller mentioned it, and you can ask to confirm, but he said he picked up this copy in the Philippines back in the day and kept it ever since. I can confirm that my copy was purchased from a comic shop in Singapore 'back in the day' and I bought from a seller still living there. So the origins of these error books make them a bit more exotic and interesting. Who knows if any more of these can be found in North America, but someone needs to scour the Asian comic shop scene to see if anymore can be flushed out!

I know a dealer in Berkeley who sells boxes of cheap comics to the Philippines. He once sold hundreds of boxes of Valiant books there.

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

lobo wrote:
Not_Bloodshot wrote:
nycjadie wrote:

/Magnus

That is fascinating. What does yours look like condition-wise? The edges of mine are immaculate, but there is one small bend on the back of the spine that isn’t visible on the front.