EBAY: CGC 9.4 Bloodshot #0 Platinum (Not Mine)

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
EBAY: CGC 9.4 Bloodshot #0 Platinum (Not Mine)

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Just saying, this is the first one up since the Trailers hit earlier this week.

I might have suggested an auction, but hey, this works too!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-HTF-Blood ... 4041382668

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really
Re: EBAY: CGC 9.4 Bloodshot #0 Platinum (Not Mine)

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

still could.

Let this sit out there for attention sake, then bring it in and auction it off. It would set the standard for those that will obviously follow
Moose

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

I wonder if this is the one I owned, at the time the only 9.4. I sold it when I upgraded to a 9.8.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

nycjadie wrote:I wonder if this is the one I owned, at the time the only 9.4. I sold it when I upgraded to a 9.8.
It's the one you owned. There are 2 on the census but the 2nd 9.4 was graded after the labels/cases changed (paper quality is now under the grade).

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

Sold in April 2017 for $1700.

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

So, as we know, to date only about 25 of these have been found.

I have to wonder how collector/buyer strategy will play out on these.

Do you pass on this and wait for another?

Do you strike NOW and get this before NEW collectors start looking?

Do you wait for more to pop-up on the market, and hope that a crazing bidding war does not occur once they eventually do?

Even IF every copy were to be somehow made available for sale (which WILL NOT happen), do you suspect that there are AT-LEAST 25 collectors out there with deep enough pockets to crush your soul in the final moments of an eBay auction?

So many possible options to consider!

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

DirtbagSailor wrote:So, as we know, to date only about 25 of these have been found.

I have to wonder how collector/buyer strategy will play out on these.

Do you pass on this and wait for another?

Do you strike NOW and get this before NEW collectors start looking?

Do you wait for more to pop-up on the market, and hope that a crazing bidding war does not occur once they eventually do?

Even IF every copy were to be somehow made available for sale (which WILL NOT happen), do you suspect that there are AT-LEAST 25 collectors out there with deep enough pockets to crush your soul in the final moments of an eBay auction?

So many possible options to consider!
While this might be possible, I think it will all depend on just how this movie gets received. We know it got good reception via 15 million views in 24 hours. First trailer plays in a theater next Friday/weekend, so interest could be gauged off of that. Maybe those deep pockets don't quite know about this book/movie yet. The more this movie gets out there, the more those people are gonna pay attention.

Case in point, have we seen a major uptick in Rai 0 and EW 4's yet because the trailer came out? No we haven't. But, give this trailer some TV attention and movie attention, and we could start seeing some good action.

Maybe we won't see a major uptick in anything until after the movie hits the theaters, it's quite possible. But I think we will see some action/movement here next week.

I don't have these deep pockets, but if I did, buying now and selling in a few months might be a simple way to make a little $$
Moose

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

I see the book selling in the $1,700 range normally if the seller wants to part with it. The people who buy these books aren't speculators and I'm not sure a movie can draw in new speculators who'd spend that type of money.

Pricing on these has been fairly consistent (I think) for years. Maybe it sells for $2.3k which is what I sold my 9.6 for several years ago from a movie bump.

Interested to watch.
ASM Crossover Home

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

I would be shocked to see this 9.4 book sell at or below $1,700. That’s selling price from 2-3 years ago when very little Bloodshot visibility existed.

There are simply not enough copies out there floating about to meet market demand, and never will be.

This copy will sell for >$2,000 easy once it does sell.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

DirtbagSailor wrote:I would be shocked to see this 9.4 book sell at or below $1,700. That’s selling price from 2-3 years ago when very little Bloodshot visibility existed.

There are simply not enough copies out there floating about to meet market demand, and never will be.

This copy will sell for >$2,000 easy once it does sell.
+1. This is a $2.5K book now, at a minimum. I’m thinking a 9.8 is $5K plus.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

400yrs wrote:I see the book selling in the $1,700 range normally if the seller wants to part with it. The people who buy these books aren't speculators and I'm not sure a movie can draw in new speculators who'd spend that type of money.

Pricing on these has been fairly consistent (I think) for years. Maybe it sells for $2.3k which is what I sold my 9.6 for several years ago from a movie bump.

Interested to watch.
This is my opinion too. I just don’t think there are 25 people out there that would spend massive $$$ on a Bloodshot book and especially not a printing error.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

magnus20009 wrote:
400yrs wrote:I see the book selling in the $1,700 range normally if the seller wants to part with it. The people who buy these books aren't speculators and I'm not sure a movie can draw in new speculators who'd spend that type of money.

Interested to watch.
This is my opinion too. I just don’t think there are 25 people out there that would spend massive $$$ on a Bloodshot book and especially not a printing error.
I think what is different about this book is it's not actually an error. This is a legit prototype book, where there are less than 25 known copies. This was a test printing. It's not like the gold printing error of this book (which I don't view as a legit book - it's merely an error copy, of which there are several different iterations of this book). Outside of one-off printings (e.g. the movie book, golden ticket books), this is the rarest Valiant and Bloodshot book out there. Obtaining any copy is incredibly difficult. If the die hard Bloodshot fans increase beyond 20, then this book is sure to increase significantly.

If there was one book I would invest it, it would be this one.

tarheelmarine
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore

Post by tarheelmarine »

greg wrote:
nycjadie wrote:I wonder if this is the one I owned, at the time the only 9.4. I sold it when I upgraded to a 9.8.
It's the one you owned.
Does it have the same CGC number?

I think this is the copy that Geek Comics had sold back in 2018.

greg

Post by greg »

tarheelmarine wrote:
greg wrote:
It's the one you owned.
Does it have the same CGC number?

I think this is the copy that Geek Comics had sold back in 2018.
GPA says the copy that sold on April 18, 2017 for $1,691 was serial #0236896001
Same as the current Ebay auction. :thumb:

GPA doesn't record any other sales, so it's likely that Geek Comics didn't use Ebay or a standard venue.

I believe the other CGC 9.4 should have the newer case and newer CGC label. There should only be one CGC 9.4 that looks like this (case & label).

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

nycjadie wrote:
magnus20009 wrote:

Interested to watch.
I think what is different about this book is it's not actually an error. This is a legit prototype book, where there are less than 25 known copies. This was a test printing. It's not like the gold printing error of this book (which I don't view as a legit book - it's merely an error copy, of which there are several different iterations of this book). Outside of one-off printings (e.g. the movie book, golden ticket books), this is the rarest Valiant and Bloodshot book out there. Obtaining any copy is incredibly difficult. If the die hard Bloodshot fans increase beyond 20, then this book is sure to increase significantly.

I’m certainly not going to tell someone what to collect, but I’ve got to agree that this book just isn’t going to be that attractive to speculators or new fans. I love Valiant as much as anyone else and I can afford the book, it just isn’t worth the money to me.

I’m not saying this to belittle your interest in the book, it just doesn’t check enough boxes from me to warrant the price. I think the market is and will continue to be very small. I would be glad to be proven wrong though.

greg

Post by greg »

FormerReader wrote:
nycjadie wrote:
magnus20009 wrote:

Interested to watch.

I’m certainly not going to tell someone what to collect, but I’ve got to agree that this book just isn’t going to be that attractive to speculators or new fans. I love Valiant as much as anyone else and I can afford the book, it just isn’t worth the money to me.

I’m not saying this to belittle your interest in the book, it just doesn’t check enough boxes from me to warrant the price. I think the market is and will continue to be very small. I would be glad to be proven wrong though.
Until books like Amazing Spider-Man #667 Dell'Otto variant sold for $10,000+, I would have agreed with you. There's no way that book is even in the top 100 of "best Spider-Man books" and there are 45 on the CGC census and it gets $10,000+. There's no way to predict what collectors, fans, or speculators might do, especially since Bloodshot #0 Platinum has been "the king of Bloodshot book values" for pretty much all years Bloodshot has existed. That Spider-Man book being his 2,000th+ appearance, 70 years after his first appearance, and containing nothing special at all inside the cover pretty much throws out all the rules on what should have value. :lol:

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

greg wrote:
FormerReader wrote:
nycjadie wrote:
magnus20009 wrote:

Interested to watch.

Until books like Amazing Spider-Man #667 Dell'Otto variant sold for $10,000+, I would have agreed with you. There's no way that book is even in the top 100 of "best Spider-Man books" and there are 45 on the CGC census and it gets $10,000+. There's no way to predict what collectors, fans, or speculators might do, especially since Bloodshot #0 Platinum has been "the king of Bloodshot book values" for pretty much all years Bloodshot has existed. That Spider-Man book being his 2,000th+ appearance, 70 years after his first appearance, and containing nothing special at all inside the cover pretty much throws out all the rules on what should have value. :lol:
I agree with both of you. If the movie creates 10 rabid fans, which I think is very likely, they will all want that book simply because it is incredibly rare, and a piece of Valiant history. It just takes a couple to double the price of a book. Take that Harbinger 25 1:20 9.8 that sold for $850 last week. 2 people took that book from $250 to $850.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

I know that Bloodshot Zero Platinum has always been the rare most desirable book to get for a long time.... and I think it will always be one of the most expensive Bloodshot books that increases in price with the new movie fame of Bloodshot. But, I still don’t quite see the historical relevance of this book (other than being rare and missing gold ink).

Why is this book so coveted while many consider Rai 0 ink error books to be way less valuable (when Rai 0 is first full appearance)? Just wondering.

FormerReader

Post by FormerReader »

nycjadie wrote:
greg wrote:
FormerReader wrote:
nycjadie wrote:
magnus20009 wrote:

Interested to watch.

I agree with both of you. If the movie creates 10 rabid fans, which I think is very likely, they will all want that book simply because it is incredibly rare, and a piece of Valiant history. It just takes a couple to double the price of a book. Take that Harbinger 25 1:20 9.8 that sold for $850 last week. 2 people took that book from $250 to $850.
Valid points. It is a very expensive book and a bloodshot grail. It just doesn’t check enough boxes for me. Being as rare as it is, this would be a fun book to chase down for those who want one.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

Juki wrote:I know that Bloodshot Zero Platinum has always been the rare most desirable book to get for a long time.... and I think it will always be one of the most expensive Bloodshot books that increases in price with the new movie fame of Bloodshot. But, I still don’t quite see the historical relevance of this book (other than being rare and missing gold ink).

Why is this book so coveted while many consider Rai 0 ink error books to be way less valuable (when Rai 0 is first full appearance)? Just wondering.
I think it's history because the books were experiments on the inking process, and the 20 or so remaining copies made it through distribution. It is possible to find one out in the wild, as Elveen did in a bargain bin a year or two ago.

The Rai 0 matte/glossy thing is along the same vein, but far less rare. It's for the rabid fans who get into the minutiae of collecting. Harby 1 with 2 staples or 3? The Magnus coupon books with the cardstock printed in red and black, or just black (the black only are much rarer). The Harby coupon books that were printed blank. Etc.

greg

Post by greg »

Juki wrote:I know that Bloodshot Zero Platinum has always been the rare most desirable book to get for a long time.... and I think it will always be one of the most expensive Bloodshot books that increases in price with the new movie fame of Bloodshot. But, I still don’t quite see the historical relevance of this book (other than being rare and missing gold ink).

My view is that the Bloodshot #0 Platinum had to be made in the same process that was used to make Bloodshot #0 Gold, because it has no cover price.
Because only 5,000 Bloodshot #0 Gold were made, this is an error with a couple dozen known copies from an already-exclusive book limited to 5,000.

Errors associated with regular editions of 100,000 or more are always going to happen, just by accident.
99.9% correct processes still give 100 errors on books with 100,000 copies. 99% correct is 1,000 errors.

Combining the extremely limited nature of Bloodshot #0 Gold (which in today's terms would be a 1:60 variant (if the numbers exactly matched the incentive ratio), since there were 300,000 regular editions) with the fact that only a couple dozen have been found or something like a 1:20 variant on a gold book that was already a 1:60 variant, makes it something like a 1:1,200 variant on Bloodshot #0 regular. Those kinds of 1:1,000+ variants have been created on purpose by Marvel and DC recently, and they also sell for thousands of dollars... even though they usually start in the hands of the biggest retailers. Bloodshot #0 Platinum has only ever been found accidentally in the middle of random books. That's a platinum needle in a stack of gold needles which had to first be found within the regular edition haystack.

The further we get from 1994, the less likely we are to find out that there's a stack of Bloodshot #0 Platinum somewhere. That's always a worry for books with only a few dozen (or even a few hundred) copies known. The number known can jump with just a handful of unknown copies showing up, and that can be devastating to a market value that already makes people nervous.

greg

Post by greg »

Looks like the seller listed it on Comiclink at $3,000. Comiclink allows offers.
https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=1364267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apacseller
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: Harbinger #1
Favorite character: Magnus
Favorite title: Warriors of Plasm

Post by apacseller »

greg wrote:Looks like the seller listed it on Comiclink at $3,000. Comiclink allows offers.
https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=1364267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They seem to be holding at $2500-$2600 on counteroffers.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

apacseller wrote:
greg wrote:Looks like the seller listed it on Comiclink at $3,000. Comiclink allows offers.
They seem to be holding at $2500-$2600 on counteroffers.
I paid $800 for that book in 2014, and sold it for $1700 in 2017. I can't find my exact price for what I paid for my 9.8.

If this book is a $2500 book now, I'd expect a 9.8 to be in the range of $6K.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

I don’t own a Bloodshot 0 Platinum. And I am not trying to sink a sailing ship (I would love to have one because of the history and I love seeing VH1 having comics set record prices).

I guess what I am saying is that, from a logical standpoint, I would have expected other (possibly more important) Bloodshot comics to take Bloodshot 0 Platinum over in price due to first appearances, story,art, other errors etc.

The market seems to decide these matters. This book has led in pricing for a while and seems to hold its value.