HARBINGER WILL RETURN! ROBERT MEYERS INTERVIEW!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
HARBINGER WILL RETURN! ROBERT MEYERS INTERVIEW!

Post by agent_graves »

https://villainmedia.com/interview-robe ... t-nycc-19/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Villain Media: We’re just a few months away from the new year and the hashtag #Valiant2020 is already gaining momentum on social media, what can readers expect from the Valiant Universe in the upcoming new year?
Robert Meyers: In 2020, you’re going to see the return of some of our biggest characters, as well as the launch of some new characters. Expect some brand new heroes, villains, and some people who are going to be in-between. There will be some new groupings and some new teams that are going to surprise people.
VM: Fred Van Lente and Renato Guedes’ Psi-Lords does an incredible job building the cosmic mythology. Grounded and compelling with its social commentary, Vita Ayala and Tana Ford’s Livewire is quite interesting itself as a political thriller. What’s interests you more? The world building or the reflection of society?
Robert Meyers: You’re going to see that in the upcoming Harbinger book. It’s very much about the now. And then we can do silly, fun superhero book. We’ve got a book coming up in February. We’ve been teasing it. And that’s going to be classic Silver Age style capes and heroes. Some really good stuff!
#StayValiant

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: HARBINGER WILL RETURN! ROBERT MEYERS INTERVIEW!

Post by nycjadie »

Capes and Heroes? facepalm

I look forward to Harbinger coming back!

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Political thrills and social commentary = one-dimensional screed :| I hope I'm wrong.

Dallow Spicer1
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

nycjadie wrote:Capes and Heroes? facepalm
I was thinking exactly that! This guy approves one bad idea after another

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

agent_graves wrote:https://villainmedia.com/interview-robe ... t-nycc-19/

Robert Meyers: You’re going to see that in the upcoming Harbinger book. It’s very much about the now. And then we can do silly, fun superhero book. We’ve got a book coming up in February. We’ve been teasing it. And that’s going to be classic Silver Age style capes and heroes. Some really good stuff!
Apparently in the interview Meyer’s said the whole Valiant universe in 2020 is gearing up towards his big master plan...all the heroes will band together to fight Earth’s biggest threat ....THE PATRIARCHY!!! facepalm :P

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

Apparently in the interview Meyer’s said the whole Valiant universe in 2020 is gearing up towards his big master plan...all the heroes will band together to fight Earth’s biggest threat ....THE PATRIARCHY!!! facepalm :P
:lol:

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

I'm just waiting for Bad Eggs, Punx, Trinity Angles, Troublemakers (already seen images that might suggest this is happening), and a host of other really bad Acclaim books to make a come back. I mean, already got Dr Tomorrow and The Visitor coming back, why not the rest.
Moose

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

I'm just waiting for Bad Eggs, Punx, Trinity Angles, Troublemakers (already seen images that might suggest this is happening), and a host of other really bad Acclaim books to make a come back. I mean, already got Dr Tomorrow and The Visitor coming back, why not the rest.
Hadn’t heard the Dr Tomorrow one ...can’t say that book interested me the first time around so unless an A list writer (unlikely) is on the book then it’s another flop. That said, I’m not sure current VEI worry about sales which makes me wonder just what their mandate is?

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

Hadn’t heard the Dr Tomorrow one ...can’t say that book interested me the first time around so unless an A list writer (unlikely) is on the book then it’s another flop. That said, I’m not sure current VEI worry about sales which makes me wonder just what their mandate is?
Unless Dr. Tomorrow is Neela, I’m not really interested in another Groundhog Day as time travel rehash.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t