WTB Turok Acclaim/Valiant Original Art

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Jeremyamoto
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
WTB Turok Acclaim/Valiant Original Art

Post by Jeremyamoto »

I'm looking for the missing pages of a comic that I am collecting all the pages for. These pages may, or may not, be signed by the artist (Rafael Kayanan) and they would all be laid out horizontally with two small pages per art board (with the exception of the 1st and second page which are a small double splash with Turok). Please let me know if you have any of these missing pages! I have pages 5-10 and am missing 1-4 and 11-14.

Thanks!

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa
Re: WTB Turok Acclaim/Valiant Original Art

Post by sonicdan »

Welcome! Do you which issue # or story these are from? I think some of the Acclaim digest books did the original art in the style you mentioned.
Dan
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

Jeremyamoto
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Magnus, Solar, and Turok

Post by Jeremyamoto »

Hey Dan! It’s from the instruction manual to Turok 64, which featured a 14 page comic by Rafael Kayanan, inked by Rodney Ramos, both of whom I’ve been in touch with about these pages, but neither of them have the remaining pages. They were likely taken from Acclaim during production.

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

I second the welcome! :thumb:

Though I can’t help in your search, you are in the right place and I encourage you to stick around and get to know the people here. Even after 18 years, I’ve been pleasantly surprised and even amazed at the people here and the connections made. I came here looking for info on collecting and found friends I wouldn’t hesitate to take a bullit for.

And btw I ended up collecting far more than I ever dreamed of obtaining, lol! :thumb:
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Jeremyamoto
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Magnus, Solar, and Turok

Post by Jeremyamoto »

Aram wrote:I second the welcome! :thumb:

Though I can’t help in your search, you are in the right place and I encourage you to stick around and get to know the people here. Even after 18 years, I’ve been pleasantly surprised and even amazed at the people here and the connections made. I came here looking for info on collecting and found friends I wouldn’t hesitate to take a bullit for.

And btw I ended up collecting far more than I ever dreamed of obtaining, lol! :thumb:
Thank you! Happy to be here.

I collect video games and original video game art exclusively. I got this turok 64 art from Rafael Kayanan, who also had the cover to the gameboy game Battle of the Bionosaurs/The Empty Souls 1. He also had this manual art and a concept piece which I bought as a bundle. Naturally, I feel the need to hunt down these remaining pages to try and complete the comic. We will see how long it takes! I’m hoping someone just pipes up and says, “Oh, I have all those pages!” Unlikely, haha.

sonicdan
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

Jeremyamoto wrote:Hey Dan! It’s from the instruction manual to Turok 64, which featured a 14 page comic by Rafael Kayanan, inked by Rodney Ramos, both of whom I’ve been in touch with about these pages, but neither of them have the remaining pages. They were likely taken from Acclaim during production.
I don't think I've ever seen those around but will certainly keep a lookout for them!
Dan
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart