WTS: Solar Man of Atom #21 and #22 both CGC 9.8 Quesada sign

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
WTS: Solar Man of Atom #21 and #22 both CGC 9.8 Quesada sign

Post by Brother J »

I have what I think is a neat item, although I know a lot of people absolutely hate CGC green labels. I have Solar: Man of the Atom #21 and #22 both in CGC 9.8 condition, #21 is signed by Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti, while #22 is signed by Joe Quesada. They are Qualified Green Label because the signatures were not witnessed by CGC, but it's clear they are authentic signatures. I'd like $100 for the set plus shipping, which would be the exact cost. Offers listened to if I am off base with this price. Had to crop the photo to get it to upload, but I think you get the idea.
010.JPG
010.JPG (316.4 KiB) Viewed 1735 times

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: WTS: Solar Man of Atom #21 and #22 both CGC 9.8 Quesada

Post by nycjadie »

I'm not hugely turned off by green labels, but the resale value is much lower. They are cool books. Out of my price range for these, but really nice nonetheless.

https://www.valiant.fan/solar-man-of-the-atom.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

nycjadie wrote:I'm not hugely turned off by green labels, but the resale value is much lower. They are cool books. Out of my price range for these, but really nice nonetheless.

https://www.valiant.fan/solar-man-of-the-atom.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wonder if they would be valued even less than a blue label unsigned 9.8 of these books? Some people really seem to dislike green label. I have a couple of the rare Image ashcans that I have slabbed as 9.8's but green label because they were signed when they came out. I wanted to sell them to a local store, and they offered like $20 for each of them because they said no one wanted green labels.

If anyone has any slight interest, throw out an offer via PM. I won't get insulted.

tarheelmarine
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore

Post by tarheelmarine »

Cool issues! I dig and miss the Quesada/Palmiotti days!

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

Brother J wrote:
nycjadie wrote:I'm not hugely turned off by green labels, but the resale value is much lower. They are cool books. Out of my price range for these, but really nice nonetheless.

I wonder if they would be valued even less than a blue label unsigned 9.8 of these books? Some people really seem to dislike green label. I have a couple of the rare Image ashcans that I have slabbed as 9.8's but green label because they were signed when they came out. I wanted to sell them to a local store, and they offered like $20 for each of them because they said no one wanted green labels.

If anyone has any slight interest, throw out an offer via PM. I won't get insulted.
What image ashcans do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

GGSAE wrote:
Brother J wrote:

What image ashcans do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry it took a long time for me to get back. I have Shaman's Tears Ashcan #1 and Supreme ashcan, both are signed and of a run of 1,500 copies. Both CGC 9.8's, but green label because of the sigs