250 Bloodshots?

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

michalward
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
250 Bloodshots?

Post by michalward »

Was this a good buy? (I didn't buy it)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Valiant-BLOODS ... 7675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: 250 Bloodshots?

Post by nycjadie »

Today, I think that was a good deal. $2 a book. 2 years ago, maybe not.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

It will be a great deal if you sub a bunch of them to CGC and get like 45 9.8's in return to turn around and sell starting 3 weeks before the movie drops....

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

Man I don't know, you'd have to think there are an absolute ton of these books out there! I wonder how many slabs (even 9.8s) the market can bear? I wouldn't touch a lot like this and I set up as a dealer at shows - maybe 20-50 at $1 a piece would be a better buy, but 250? I know I would be sitting on most of them for a long time.....

danchoi03
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2000
Favorite character: X-O manowar
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Bob Layton

Post by danchoi03 »

@GGSAE I think you are wrong about this because look at Deadpool first appearance in New Mutant # 98. The book is oversaturated but it is still demanded for high price due to popularity of the character. Before that, New Mutant # 98 was found in the dollar bin. Therefore, if bloodshot is a big hit in the upcoming year, the seller can easily sell these books for at least $10 a book. It is a pretty good gamble if you ask me.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

danchoi03 wrote:@GGSAE I think you are wrong about this because look at Deadpool first appearance in New Mutant # 98. The book is oversaturated but it is still demanded for high price due to popularity of the character. Before that, New Mutant # 98 was found in the dollar bin. Therefore, if bloodshot is a big hit in the upcoming year, the seller can easily sell these books for at least $10 a book. It is a pretty good gamble if you ask me.
What’s the print run on bloodshot #1 vs NM 98? I bet they’re not even close. And then factor the demand for Marvell which is infinitely times larger than Valiant...

Let me ask you a question, have you ever tried selling at shows or online? And if you have, have you tried selling books that were very common and you had several multiples of?

I have about 15 copies of Macfarlane spider-man #1. That’s a book I would say has much more CURRENT relevance than bloodshot #1 and it’s a tough sell locally to get more than $3 a book for, it’s just very common. And selling on eBay for comic lots less than $20 is not worth the time or effort unless you’re retired and have ample free time (even then that’s up for debate).

Sold eBay listings are relevant but have several flaws. 1) you don’t know how long it took for something to sell. 2) you don’t know how many more copies you could sell at that price. 3) you don’t know how many other sellers could immediately list that same book for that price or less.

Saying the seller ‘could easily get $10’ is purely subjective. And even if you could get $10 for a book, at one point in the supply demand curve does the price need to drop to sell the other copies? This is why I said a buy of 30 or 50 would be a much better gamble than 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Bloodshot #1 is closer to X-Force #2, if we're comparing to early Deadpool appearances. Neither book is the first appearance.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

greg wrote:Bloodshot #1 is closer to X-Force #2, if we're comparing to early Deadpool appearances. Neither book is the first appearance.
And I still wouldn’t go out and buy 250 copies of that book either, despite the buyer pool being much larger.
20 or 30 copies sure, but once you get past that amount you’re really going to be sitting on stuff for a very long time (unless your plan is to dump it as a bulk sale which won’t garner as much)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egomaniac
Valiant fan since: 1992 and Unity
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by Egomaniac »

I never, ever saw a New Mutants 98 in a dollar box.