Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham
Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Post by Juki »

magnus20009 wrote:I do not have access to the data but how hard would it be using the same methodology to add in the books since January 2016 to date?

With some of the lower print runs surely some of the books in the 2 and a half years would appear on the list. It would be really interesting to see and know the relative scarcity of some issues.

Somebody else that knows more can jump in here.... but, I think the print runs of the very limited Variants such as the 1:50s are not going to always lineup exactly with the ratio due to overrun for damages and extras for the artists, creators and giveaways.

It looks as though in some instances a couple of hundred extra are printed (which in my opinion is extremely low). So, if a 1:50 Variant has a ratio which would give it a print run of 225 copies; They may have printed about 4 to 5 hundred copies.

In addition, I don't think anyone knows "exact" regular edition print runs for a lot of the comic books. Apparently, there are additional sales of books (through unorthodox means, and foreign sales, etc.) that don't show up in the comichron sales numbers.

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Bump:

1 copy - Bloodshot Salvation #12 (LaRosa Vin Diesel Variant)
1 copy - Quantum And Woody (2017) #1 (Second Print)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Hitch Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Jones Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Rivera Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Foreman Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Crain Golden Ticket)
UNK copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) - Supposedly all copies were destroyed; we have only seen at least 1 or 2 listed for sale.
200 copies - Bloodshot Salvation #1 (Suayan Brushed Metal 1:250)
250 copies - Harbinger #25 (Kitson 1:50)
275 copies - Rapture #4 (Suayan 1:50)
275 copies - Savage #4 (LaRosa 1:50)
300 copies - Savage #1 (LaRosa 1:50)
350 copies - Imperium #1 (Braithwaite 1:40)
350 copies - Divinity #1 (LaRosa 1:40)
350 copies - Savage #2 (LaRosa 1:50)
400 copies - Shadowman #13 (Davis 1:50)
400 copies - Eternal Warrior #5 (Mack 1:50)
400 copies - X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50)
------------ X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50 Error) = small percentage of the 400 copies.
400 copies - Wrath of Eternal Warrior #4 (Lafuente 1:50)
450 copies - Savage #3 (LaRosa 1:50)
450 copies - Britannia #3 (Johnson 1:50)
500 copies - Harbinger Wars #3 (Zircher 1:50)
525 copies - 4001 A.D. (Sook 1:100)
600 copies - Britannia #2 (Johnson 1:50)
675 copies - A&A: Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #5 (Lafuente 1:50)
800 copies - Harbinger Wars #1 (Zircher 1:50)
2,800 copies - Ninjak 2015 #1 (Sauvage cover D)

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

DirtbagSailor wrote: UNK copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) - Supposedly all copies were destroyed; we have only seen at least 1 or 2 listed for sale.
Does someone know more about this book and the story behind it. A fellow board member sold me his second copy of it (and I assume these are the 1 or 2 copies being referred to here)

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

magnus20009 wrote:
DirtbagSailor wrote: UNK copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) - Supposedly all copies were destroyed; we have only seen at least 1 or 2 listed for sale.
Does someone know more about this book and the story behind it. A fellow board member sold me his second copy of it (and I assume these are the 1 or 2 copies being referred to here)
Chainball and/or Dino are the two best sources of info on this book.

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

Juki wrote:
greg wrote:
Juki wrote:
greg wrote:If I had to guess, and if the number of 400 is correct for X-O Manowar #15 1:50, then I would say about 250 correct copies and 150 error copies.
That is a larger number of error comics than I would have guessed (I would have guessed less than 100). So, I wonder how many were actually destroyed? Or, is there a larger number of error comics still around today?
I am generally convinced that we need to consider that no destruction happened until we have someone who can state exactly how many of anything were destroyed. Wanting to believe that things are extremely rare is a good way to be highly disappointed when more pop up in the future.

The ratio of the ones CGC graded so far is 2 corrected for every 1 error (14 corrected, 7 error).

In Dinesh's comment he explains that only the "Midtown error comic" has been seen to exist. This seems to imply that the other error comics might be gone. However, I don't understand how he knows that only the "Midtown shipment " of errors were removed and saved?

For that matter, I don't know how you would tell that a comic was set to be in the "Midtown shipment " just by looking at it (after the fact). But, Dineish seems to know somewhat about the situation. They could have saved all the errors. That's why I was bringing it up for discussion.

In the scenario that none of the comics were destroyed.... It would still be interesting to know what the ratio is of correct/error comics.

If there were comics destroyed...It would still be interesting to know what is left and the ratio of correct/errors that are left.
I spoke with a fellow member of this board at NYCC a few years ago (whichever one followed the release of X-O #15) and he showed me his X-O #15 error, that he got from Midtown. (IIRC, he was planning on showing it to the guys at the booth.) This may be how they know that the error copies got to Midtown (although I don't know how they would know they *only* went out to Midtown. For what it's worth, it's my understanding that even though Midtown sold him the error copy, he *also* got the corrected version as a "replacement" for the bad book.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Beware Cyclops
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by Beware Cyclops »

kjjohanson wrote:
Juki wrote:
greg wrote:
Juki wrote:
greg wrote:If I had to guess, and if the number of 400 is correct for X-O Manowar #15 1:50, then I would say about 250 correct copies and 150 error copies.
That is a larger number of error comics than I would have guessed (I would have guessed less than 100). So, I wonder how many were actually destroyed? Or, is there a larger number of error comics still around today?
I am generally convinced that we need to consider that no destruction happened until we have someone who can state exactly how many of anything were destroyed. Wanting to believe that things are extremely rare is a good way to be highly disappointed when more pop up in the future.

The ratio of the ones CGC graded so far is 2 corrected for every 1 error (14 corrected, 7 error).

In Dinesh's comment he explains that only the "Midtown error comic" has been seen to exist. This seems to imply that the other error comics might be gone. However, I don't understand how he knows that only the "Midtown shipment " of errors were removed and saved?

For that matter, I don't know how you would tell that a comic was set to be in the "Midtown shipment " just by looking at it (after the fact). But, Dineish seems to know somewhat about the situation. They could have saved all the errors. That's why I was bringing it up for discussion.

In the scenario that none of the comics were destroyed.... It would still be interesting to know what the ratio is of correct/error comics.

If there were comics destroyed...It would still be interesting to know what is left and the ratio of correct/errors that are left.
I spoke with a fellow member of this board at NYCC a few years ago (whichever one followed the release of X-O #15) and he showed me his X-O #15 error, that he got from Midtown. (IIRC, he was planning on showing it to the guys at the booth.) This may be how they know that the error copies got to Midtown (although I don't know how they would know they *only* went out to Midtown. For what it's worth, it's my understanding that even though Midtown sold him the error copy, he *also* got the corrected version as a "replacement" for the bad book.
Wasn't that me? :hi:

If it was then: I was emailed that it was "no longer available". Under separate email I was told that it was shipped with a misprint, expect a refund for the item. As far as the correct version, I found one on Ebay at some point (not sure how far) after that.

If it wasn't me, then: I know nothing, NOTHING!!!! :devil:

JCP
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

DirtbagSailor wrote:Bump:

UNK copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) - Supposedly all copies were destroyed; we have only seen at least 1 or 2 listed for sale.
------------ X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50 Error) = small percentage of the 400 copies.
I’ve got a nm copy of Britannia #3 1:50 Johnson variant for sale if anybody is interested. $85 shipped. Send DM.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

If you are counting the error copy of xo. 15. Their is one rarer with only 3 found. Will get details for you.
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

Phantom
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

Mis read post sorry.
You tagged it as an error, on a book that is rare in itself

Any way it was a secret weapons error issue 3. With contents of issue 2, but still with bonus materials of issue 3.
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Lets not forget the Imperium #1 error copies. Not exactly known how many, but less than the regular correct copies.

Also, you might notice (or not?) that there are NOT a lot of Divinity #0 (Warped Tour Edition) floating about or for sale. :hm:

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

DirtbagSailor wrote:Lets not forget the Imperium #1 error copies. Not exactly known how many, but less than the regular correct copies.

Also, you might notice (or not?) that there are NOT a lot of Divinity #0 (Warped Tour Edition) floating about or for sale. :hm:
So.... On the Imperium 1.... What exactly is the error edition and why?

I have an Imperium 8 that has the interior of a different issue. (Can't remember which one, will have to check)

Rico

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kjjohanson
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

Beware Cyclops wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
Juki wrote:
greg wrote:
Juki wrote:

Wasn't that me? :hi:

If it was then: I was emailed that it was "no longer available". Under separate email I was told that it was shipped with a misprint, expect a refund for the item. As far as the correct version, I found one on Ebay at some point (not sure how far) after that.

If it wasn't me, then: I know nothing, NOTHING!!!! :devil:
It was. I guess I'm misremembering the details a little. I thought you got both from Midtown.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Ricomortis wrote:So.... On the Imperium 1.... What exactly is the error edition and why?
The contents of the book for the Imperium #1 story are exactly the same. The error copy also includes the Imperium “prelude” promo for Imperium #1...which was (obviously) only to have been included in other books before Imperium #1 came out.

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

UPDATED to reflect LADOTH #1.

650 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Choi Paradise / Wondercon Variant)

corey
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

DBS. The nycc ninjak. Is that the cover of all the live action stars on it?

If so 1.ebay seller sold at least 10 copies

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

corey wrote:DBS. The nycc ninjak. Is that the cover of all the live action stars on it?

I assume you are referring to seller ch33yu13en7

From his closed and sold auction description

“ One copy of NINJAK #0 New York Comic Con Ninjak Versus The Valiant Universe variant published by Valiant Comics. This is the rarest cover from this issue. This books is very, very rare and never comes up for sale. There are estimated to be only 25 copies or less in existence. The book was meant to given out at NYCC in 2017 but Valiant's Chinese investors blocked it so they could further their plans for a hostile takeover. I got a few copies from the booth on the first day of the show before they were blocked from release.”

corey

Post by corey »

Ya. Is that the comic?

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

corey wrote:Ya. Is that the comic?
Yup.

It is this issue

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/ ... cid=199354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe we have another book as rare as Bloodshot 0 Platinum. :o

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

DirtbagSailor wrote:
Ricomortis wrote:So.... On the Imperium 1.... What exactly is the error edition and why?
The contents of the book for the Imperium #1 story are exactly the same. The error copy also includes the Imperium “prelude” promo for Imperium #1...which was (obviously) only to have been included in other books before Imperium #1 came out.
Hey Rico:

I believe I sold you a copy of Imperium #1 with the error inside. :thumb: I think I placed a yellow post it note on the bag that said it was the error issue. :hm:

Mkb28

Ricomortis
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

mkb28 wrote:
DirtbagSailor wrote:
Hey Rico:

I believe I sold you a copy of Imperium #1 with the error inside. :thumb: I think I placed a yellow post it note on the bag that said it was the error issue. :hm:

Mkb28
Yes... You did... I found it. It still has the yellow post it. I see what you guys are talking about now. Wonder if CGC will recognize it or how much the raw errors would sell for. I think I might have a couple.

Rico

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Ricomortis wrote:
mkb28 wrote:
DirtbagSailor wrote:
Hey Rico:

Mkb28
Yes... You did... I found it. It still has the yellow post it. I see what you guys are talking about now. Wonder if CGC will recognize it or how much the raw errors would sell for. I think I might have a couple.

Rico
I forgot about this one. I'm not sure it's very rare, but folks have to open it up to find it. We should start a common error list. These aren't one-off production errors, but large production errors where the books were either destroyed or replaced.
Imperium 1
X-O 1 2nd Print
Shadowman mask book
Delinquents 1 glossy sketch cover
Book of Death indicia error
etc.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

The Rai 2 mask issue had a recalled version and a corrected version. Not rare

X-O Manowar 15 had an error issue (had contents of a Quantum & Woody inside) and a corrected version. The error version I believe is very rare, although I would suspect not difficult for unscrupulous people to recreate by marry the contents of said Q&W with the X-O 15 cover (much like who ASM 238 missing tattooz frequently found tattooz that came from FF252 added)

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Ricomortis wrote:Yes... You did... I found it. It still has the yellow post it. I see what you guys are talking about now. Wonder if CGC will recognize it or how much the raw errors would sell for. I think I might have a couple.
We need to push the issue with CGC Robert. I have one raw error copy; however, as a HUGE Imperium fan and collector, this error NOT being officially CGC recognized is NOT and option! :lol:

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

corey wrote:DBS. The nycc ninjak. Is that the cover of all the live action stars on it?

Can we confirm that 10 sales occurred? When we deal with the ULTRA RARE, everything counts!

corey

Post by corey »

DirtbagSailor wrote:

Can we confirm that 10 sales occurred? When we deal with the ULTRA RARE, everything counts!

I wish I could go back through what I bid on, but I know I bid on at least 5.I wanna say more,before I got 1