Matt Kindt X-O Manowar interview

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa
Matt Kindt X-O Manowar interview

Post by sonicdan »

An X-O Manowar Interview: Matt Kindt On Upcoming Arc “Hero” And His Journey So Far:
http://www.comicon.com/2018/10/23/an-x- ... ey-so-far/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some nice preview pages from Giorello. Could be spoiler-ish. I'll have the original art pages available.
:thumb:
Dan
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Re: Matt Kindt X-O Manowar interview

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Thanks for posting.

Wonder how many issues this run will go to?

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

Yeah thanks for posting this.

Man, this looks great! I can't wait for it!

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Are they canceling xo now and starting over at one again? facepalm
I Miss the good old days.

kinggirlfriend

Post by kinggirlfriend »

nonplayer wrote:Are they canceling xo now and starting over at one again? facepalm
What? No.
Did you read this article? It talks about the next story arc. Nothing in it about a new series. Yeeeesh.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

kinggirlfriend wrote:
nonplayer wrote:Are they canceling xo now and starting over at one again? facepalm
What? No.
Did you read this article? It talks about the next story arc. Nothing in it about a new series. Yeeeesh.
I glanced it looked at the pictures. Thats why I asked the question. I dont like spoilers especially since its the only valiant book Im getting. Since everything else got cancelled.
I am so thankful that xo is going to continue ongoing.
I Miss the good old days.

kinggirlfriend

Post by kinggirlfriend »

The pictures you say you looked at all say "ISSUE #23" on the them. Why comment at all on an article you can't bother to read? Better to just assume the worst? This has to be the dumbest post I've seen here. facepalm :!: :roll:

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

kinggirlfriend wrote:The pictures you say you looked at all say "ISSUE #23" on the them. Why comment at all on an article you can't bother to read? Better to just assume the worst? This has to be the dumbest post I've seen here. facepalm :!: :roll:
Non is kind of the site Eeyore, or at least that's how I read him
Moose

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
kinggirlfriend wrote:The pictures you say you looked at all say "ISSUE #23" on the them. Why comment at all on an article you can't bother to read? Better to just assume the worst? This has to be the dumbest post I've seen here. facepalm :!: :roll:
Steady on fellas, let’s not give someone a hard time over a trivial oversight. We want the board to be welcoming for all, surely? :thumb:

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Steady on fellas, let’s not give someone a hard time over a trivial oversight. We want the board to be welcoming for all, surely? :thumb:
:lol: He has been here longer than you have. :P

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

greg wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Only by a couple of weeks! Anyway, what is this ‘the Prisoner’ show from the 1960’s where we’ve all got a number which depicts our rank!? :P Let’s cut him some slack anyway :D

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

kinggirlfriend wrote:This has to be the dumbest post I've seen here. facepalm :!: :roll:
Steel beams can't melt jet fuel, because 7/11 was an inside job to steal the Jack Ruby. Bleeding Cool spreads fake comics news, and that makes Rich Johnson an enemy of the state who should be jailed immediately. 2+2=22. Batman V Superman is a masterpiece, and Zach Synder is this generation's Stanley Kuberick. Infinity War had a good story with an unexpected and satisfying ending that literally no one with a brain could have seen coming. Thanos is the greatest comic book villain of all time, vastly superior to crap villains like Green Goblin, Galactus, the Joker, and Lex Luther. We need five separate Batman spin-offs films. One for Batcow, the Batmobile, Alfred, Commisioner Gordon, and the homeless guy who peeps into Catwoman's window while she's getting dressed. The Disney/Fox merger is a good deal that won't destroy the film industry, and lead to Disney creating a monopoly over the entertainment industry like how Disney created a monopoly over animation and is directly responsible for the current wage caps that prevent animators from seeking fair pay without threats of having their jobs outsourced to overseas companies.

Now, this is the dumbest post you've seen here.
TheeBaldMoose wrote:Non is kind of the site Eeyore, or at least that's how I read him
When you think about it Valiant is the Eeyore of the comic book industry.

"Oh well. I guess I'll just have to remake my shared universe again. For the third time. Oh well. It's not like anyone cares"

kinggirlfriend

Post by kinggirlfriend »

SuperMage wrote:
kinggirlfriend wrote:This has to be the dumbest post I've seen here. facepalm :!: :roll:
Steel beams can't melt jet fuel, because 7/11 was an inside job to steal the Jack Ruby. Bleeding Cool spreads fake comics news, and that makes Rich Johnson an enemy of the state who should be jailed immediately. 2+2=22. Batman V Superman is a masterpiece, and Zach Synder is this generation's Stanley Kuberick. Infinity War had a good story with an unexpected and satisfying ending that literally no one with a brain could have seen coming. Thanos is the greatest comic book villain of all time, vastly superior to crap villains like Green Goblin, Galactus, the Joker, and Lex Luther. We need five separate Batman spin-offs films. One for Batcow, the Batmobile, Alfred, Commisioner Gordon, and the homeless guy who peeps into Catwoman's window while she's getting dressed. The Disney/Fox merger is a good deal that won't destroy the film industry, and lead to Disney creating a monopoly over the entertainment industry like how Disney created a monopoly over animation and is directly responsible for the current wage caps that prevent animators from seeking fair pay without threats of having their jobs outsourced to overseas companies.

:funnypost:

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

SuperMage wrote:
Steel beams can't melt jet fuel, because 7/11 was an inside job to steal the Jack Ruby. Bleeding Cool spreads fake comics news, and that makes Rich Johnson an enemy of the state who should be jailed immediately. 2+2=22. Batman V Superman is a masterpiece, and Zach Synder is this generation's Stanley Kuberick. Infinity War had a good story with an unexpected and satisfying ending that literally no one with a brain could have seen coming. Thanos is the greatest comic book villain of all time, vastly superior to crap villains like Green Goblin, Galactus, the Joker, and Lex Luther. We need five separate Batman spin-offs films. One for Batcow, the Batmobile, Alfred, Commisioner Gordon, and the homeless guy who peeps into Catwoman's window while she's getting dressed. The Disney/Fox merger is a good deal that won't destroy the film industry, and lead to Disney creating a monopoly over the :funnypost: entertainment industry like how Disney created a monopoly over animation and is directly responsible for the current wage caps that prevent animators from seeking fair pay without threats of having their jobs outsourced to overseas companies.

I dunno, I think you made some valid points! Rich Johnston perhaps should serve some jail time or at least be monitored by MI5 :?

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

greg wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Greg if you’re still about let me drop this truth bomb on you...not sure if you remember our conversation about your ‘war on Father Christmas’ and you mentioned about Americans beating the Brits in the war of independence? Well if you think about it, it was actually one group of Brits beating another group of Brits as they only became American later on....so you didn’t beat us! :lol: :kidaround:

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
greg wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Greg if you’re still about let me drop this truth bomb on you...not sure if you remember our conversation about your ‘war on Father Christmas’ and you mentioned about Americans beating the Brits in the war of independence? Well if you think about it, it was actually one group of Brits beating another group of Brits as they only became American later on....so you didn’t beat us! :lol: :kidaround:
:hm: Image

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

greg wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
greg wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
:hm: Image

:lol:

QUARTZ
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by QUARTZ »

I'm excited that the bounty hunters are coming back I loved their look; very Boba Fett-esque except they actually do something other than take nose dives into screaming Sarlacc Pits.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Gotta agree, I enjoyed the bounty hunters.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Certainly looks like a cool story arc. Interesting to note that Kindt mentioned having a ton of respect for Venditti’s run - while there’s been some good stuff in his run on XO, I really feel sometimes like he has ruined aspects of Aric’s character.

I’m specifically still just very disappointed in what Kindt has done to the dynamic of Aric’s relationship with Saana. It felt like a forced and awkward plot device used to set up the start of this current volume/run that began on Goran, and I still think it was a cheap way to ruin what would have been a really great long-term element of his overall story. Saana was a strong character, and I really liked them being together ruling the colony in Nebraska. I actually have a hard time staying interested in Aric & the book in general because of this.

Not to just rant on a negative note - I will say that one thing that I think is a major blessing from Kindt is the amount of new characters & ideas he has brought to the Valiant Universe. He mentioned in that article that he was happy to have introduced Gorin & all its inhabitants, and that he looked forward to basically seeing other creators play with the stuff he has put in the sandbox. That’s a rare thing in the Big 2 corporate universes anymore - no one wants to give their best ideas and new character concepts away anymore.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

grendeljd wrote:Certainly looks like a cool story arc. Interesting to note that Kindt mentioned having a ton of respect for Venditti’s run - while there’s been some good stuff in his run on XO, I really feel sometimes like he has ruined aspects of Aric’s character.

I’m specifically still just very disappointed in what Kindt has done to the dynamic of Aric’s relationship with Saana. It felt like a forced and awkward plot device used to set up the start of this current volume/run that began on Goran, and I still think it was a cheap way to ruin what would have been a really great long-term element of his overall story. Saana was a strong character, and I really liked them being together ruling the colony in Nebraska. I actually have a hard time staying interested in Aric & the book in general because of this.

Not to just rant on a negative note - I will say that one thing that I think is a major blessing from Kindt is the amount of new characters & ideas he has brought to the Valiant Universe. He mentioned in that article that he was happy to have introduced Gorin & all its inhabitants, and that he looked forward to basically seeing other creators play with the stuff he has put in the sandbox. That’s a rare thing in the Big 2 corporate universes anymore - no one wants to give their best ideas and new character concepts away anymore.
I agree the Saana child thing which made Aric leave, the ‘Saana having a child with the other dude’ when Aric came back and the ‘all of a sudden Capshaw’s gay and get girlfriend has left her’...all felt unecesssry and difficult to undo (in Aric/Saana’s case).

But, Kindt contribution of new characters actors Valiant has been phenomenal and I like forward to other writers getting their hands on them and fleshing them out more.