Super Genius reprinting Tekno Universe comics

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

QUARTZ
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Super Genius reprinting Tekno Universe comics

Post by QUARTZ »

I apologize if this is a repeat thread.

For fans of Tekno comics Mr. Hero and Teknophage are being reprinted in their entirety. I already had all the Mr. Hero series (my fave comic book EVER!), but I did pick up the Teknophage one. So good...

http://supergeniuscomics.com/mr-hero/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
Re: Super Genius reprinting Tekno Universe comics

Post by StarBrand »

That's quite an endorsement for Mr. Hero! I might have to try that book...
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

QUARTZ

Post by QUARTZ »

StarBrand wrote:That's quite an endorsement for Mr. Hero! I might have to try that book...
Hell yeah, very under appreciated gem. Same with Teknophage. I've been pouring over both volumes. Great stuff that most comic fans are totally unaware of. Maybe some of it is the nostalgia talking, but I really love these comics, and would do back flips all the way to the funnybook store if they ever restarted these series. I actually have every issue of both but got the volumes anyways just for the extras.

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

QUARTZ wrote:I apologize if this is a repeat thread.

For fans of Tekno comics Mr. Hero and Teknophage are being reprinted in their entirety. I already had all the Mr. Hero series (my fave comic book EVER!), but I did pick up the Teknophage one. So good...

http://supergeniuscomics.com/mr-hero/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I rarely visit this board, but happened across this thread. Great find on this as Mr. Hero was a great book. I'll definitely have to grab a copy of this. I love the fact that they are have it both in hardcover and softcover. I wonder if Primortals will ever get a reprint.

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

If anyone's interested, Teknophage Volume 1 collects Wheel of Worlds #0 and Teknophage 1-10. You can get a hardcover copy from one of Amazon's third party sellers for $5.99 plus $3.99 shipping (so, basically $10 total). I grabbed that and the book was in good condition but the dust cover got a bit banged up.

A second volume of Teknophage is due to be released later this month. Not sure what all it collects, but I would assume it probably collects Phage: Shadow Death 1-6 and possibly Wheel of Worlds #1. Would be nice if it also contains the Teknophage versus Zeerus one-shot

QUARTZ

Post by QUARTZ »

Awesome I am definitely getting volume II. If I was a millionaire I'd bring these comics back to publishing monthly.

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

QUARTZ wrote:Awesome I am definitely getting volume II. If I was a millionaire I'd bring these comics back to publishing monthly.
Yeah, I was impressed with the quality of the Teknophage hardcover, so I've ordered Mr. Hero Volume 1 and the two volumes of Lady Justice. I never read Teknophage or Lady Justice during the original runs, so it should be interesting to get through them.

I did read and enjoy Mr. Hero, Mike Danger, and Lost Universe back during their original runs. I remember very little about them, though, so I look forward to rediscovering Mr. Hero in the collected editions.

In addition to the second volume of Teknophage being released in a couple of weeks, Mr. Hero volume 2 is slated for February, 2017.

I'm hopeful that they'll eventually release the other works as well.

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Teknophage Volume 2 (in both hardcover and softcover) was released today for anyone interested. I'm assuming this collects the Shadow Phage six issue mini series along with Wheel of Worlds #1. I'm unsure if it collects the Teknophage versus Zeerus one-shot.

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

For anyone interested, Teknophage Volume 2 collects Phage: Shadow Death 1-6 (which is the complete run); Teknophage vs. Zeerus: Culture Clash (One-Shot); and Mr. Hero Volume 1 #1 and #16.

Again, Teknophage Volume 1 collects Wheel of Worlds #0 plus the original Teknophage run (#1-10).

Mr. Hero Volume 1 collects Mr. Hero (volume 1) #1-9. Mr. Hero Volume 2 comes out in February.

Lady Justice Volume 1 collects Lady Justice (Volume 1) #1-11 (which is the complete run).

Lady Justice Volume 2 collects Wheel of Worlds #1 and Lady Justice (Volume 2) #1-9 (which is the complete second volume run).

It's unclear if Super Genius will reprint anything from Tekno other than the Neil Gaiman stuff. The fact that they included the Teknophage vs. Zeerus one-shot does give at least a glimmer of hope that they may consider doing the Primortals run. In these collected editions, there are also editorials from Jim Salicrup and in one of them (specifically in Teknophage Volume 2) he mentions that they are not able to include a story called "The BIG Crossover" which appeared as a 14 part series of 4 page stories as well as a crossover between Lady Justice and Isaac Asimov's I-Bots due to rights issues. I did actually email the editorial team at Super Genius to ask if anything else would be reprinted, but only got one reply (telling me the particular person was no longer working on the Tekno stuff), so who knows. But, it's at least great to see this stuff in collected editions!

QUARTZ

Post by QUARTZ »

Damn went to get volume 2 of Teknophage....out of stock!

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

QUARTZ wrote:Damn went to get volume 2 of Teknophage....out of stock!
Amazon has the softcover and hardcover versions in stock currently. Also, several resellers have it available for sale at a cheaper price (SuperBookDeals has the hardcover version for $14.74 + $3.99 shipping).

QUARTZ

Post by QUARTZ »

Zhuge1 wrote:
QUARTZ wrote:Damn went to get volume 2 of Teknophage....out of stock!
Amazon has the softcover and hardcover versions in stock currently. Also, several resellers have it available for sale at a cheaper price (SuperBookDeals has the hardcover version for $14.74 + $3.99 shipping).
Thank you very much...ordered!

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

The whole line was quite underrated, but printed at a time of immense glut, so slipped under the radar in a time where people could not afford to try everything and see for themselves :)
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

I'm still hoping we'll get a Primortals collection from them. I've tried emailing them to see if they're considering it, but haven't gotten a reply.

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Finally purchased the hardcover for Mr. Hero volume 2, so that completes the set of six (two volumes each for Mr. Hero, Lady Justice, and Teknophage). The ending note in the hardcover mentions that there's a chance they may consider printing the other Tekno material depending on how well the Gaiman stuff does in finding a new audience (which was their goal). Hopefully they'll have decent sales with these works so we get a collection for Primortals, Mike Danger, or others in the future.

QUARTZ

Post by QUARTZ »

My dream is that one day they relaunch the Mr. Hero universe. My favorite "indie" comic series, probably my favorite series ever; back in the day there were rumors of a movie in negotiation. I would love for that to someday be a real thing. It would be very different from anything out there, steam-punk and Victorian horror seem bigger now than they were in the 90's. There really isn't anything quite like it from what I can tell, and it was left so open ended. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!