DMG stock down 10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%!!!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: DMG stock down 10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%!!!

Post by nycjadie »

Down another 8.26%. 4.22 CNY. It's about a quarter of what it was valued at the beginning of the year. About $1.1B USD right now.

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Time to invest in DMG!

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

Down another near 10%. 3.81 CNY. Market cap is now less than $1B.

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

nycjadie wrote:Down another near 10%. 3.81 CNY. Market cap is now less than $1B.
Wow, I don't know which boat is sinking faster, Moviepass or DMG...
Moose

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

drmirage wrote:Time to invest in DMG!
Where can I buy DMG stock? I was not able to find it at Etrade or TD Ameritrade.

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

DMG Entertainment’s investment arm, DMG Capital Group, announced Monday that it is investing $300 million in entertainment, tech and media with a focus on the Chinese market.

DMG Capital Group plans to team up with entrepreneurs, business operators and private equity or venture capital firms looking to grow internationally, particularly in China, the world’s second-largest box office and a territory DMG’s executives know well. The company will target investments in immersive media, gaming, licensing, film, television (including internet TV as well as traditional pay TV and free TV), e-commerce and mobile platforms, as well as software and services tied to media, entertainment and communications industries.

“We’re committed to partnering with the best and brightest innovators and taking them to the next level as we leverage our strategic insights and experience to help them grow,” DMG Founder Dan Mintz said in a statement.
https://www.thewrap.com/dmg-entertainme ... edia-tech/

From this article, one year and four months ago. Funny, thing, in the comments section it was mentioned that DMG could help to prevent China from having an Eron situation.
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
nycjadie wrote:Down another near 10%. 3.81 CNY. Market cap is now less than $1B.
Wow, I don't know which boat is sinking faster, Moviepass or DMG...
MoviePass is worth $1. DMG is worth 50 cents.
Chiclo wrote:
Where can I buy DMG stock? I was not able to find it at Etrade or TD Ameritrade.
You need some sort of ETF code, but I'm not sure which websites DMG's stock is available for sale. It's possble that DMG's stocks are sold through Chinese stock exchange websites. Even though DMG is headquartered in L.A. they seem to be treated as a Chinese company. Not even sure how legal that is. Try Interactive Brokers, it looks like the site people use to buy Chinese stock.

https://gdcdyn.interactivebrokers.com/U ... l2YXI0MjA=

An article providing information on how to purchase Chinese stock.

https://www.nanalyze.com/2017/11/invest ... se-stocks/
depluto wrote:I think it would be pretty funny if Dinesh could find some partners to help buy everything back.
Crazy idea, but here me out. What if members of the board team up to buy DMG's stock when it reaches its lowest value, and then form an investment stock committee? The Valiant Fan Forum could collectively become a major share holder in Valiant Entertainment. As a lot of people have pointed out, the only ones who seem to really recognize Valiant's true value are the members of the forum. It's possible Valiant could end up being overlooked by potentially buyers as DMG's stock continues to drop. At this rate, DMG stock could potentially be sold for as little as $0.25 before the marketing for Bloodshot comes out, presumably next year. Could potentially be a win/win scenario regardless of what happens. The stock might never be this cheap again after Bloodshot comes out.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I may have alluded to this before but what assets does DMG own that would value it at a billion (let alone five billion)? Not a snark question, I'm genuinely curious.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

SuperMage wrote: Crazy idea, but here me out. What if members of the board team up to buy DMG's stock when it reaches its lowest value, and then form an investment stock committee? The Valiant Fan Forum could collectively become a major share holder in Valiant Entertainment. As a lot of people have pointed out, the only ones who seem to really recognize Valiant's true value are the members of the forum. It's possible Valiant could end up being overlooked by potentially buyers as DMG's stock continues to drop. At this rate, DMG stock could potentially be sold for as little as $0.25 before the marketing for Bloodshot comes out, presumably next year. Could potentially be a win/win scenario regardless of what happens. The stock might never be this cheap again after Bloodshot comes out.
I don't know anything about stocks, but due in part to the tariffs the US dollar is especially strong against the RMB (Chinese Yuan) right now. So using USD you could probably get a pretty good deal.

SuperMage
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

jmatt wrote:
I may have alluded to this before but what assets does DMG own that would value it at a billion (let alone five billion)? Not a snark question, I'm genuinely curious.
DMG Entertainment’s investment arm, DMG Capital Group, announced Monday that it is investing $300 million in entertainment, tech and media with a focus on the Chinese market.

DMG Capital Group plans to team up with entrepreneurs, business operators and private equity or venture capital firms looking to grow internationally, particularly in China, the world’s second-largest box office and a territory DMG’s executives know well. The company will target investments in immersive media, gaming, licensing, film, television (including internet TV as well as traditional pay TV and free TV), e-commerce and mobile platforms, as well as software and services tied to media, entertainment and communications industries.

“We’re committed to partnering with the best and brightest innovators and taking them to the next level as we leverage our strategic insights and experience to help them grow,” DMG Founder Dan Mintz said in a statement.
Their value stems from "investments" in Chinese media/entertainment firms. The above is an example. Basically they just hand out loans, and, hopefully, collect their money back later at a higher value. The current trade war situation could have a significant impact on their investments along with other things.

markie7235
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by markie7235 »

Chiclo wrote:
From what I found previously, it is only sold on the Chinese stock exchange. As to where and how to buy it, best advice I can offer is to contact a stock broker to find out what options, if any, there are to buy stock. I mostly only deal in stocks traded on the NY Stock exchange, so not an expert on foreign markets, but I believe foreign stock exchanges are open for purchases by foreigners just like the NYSE is. I'm not aware of any major stock exchange being available only to nationals. Again, I might be wrong on this

Assuming nothing prevents you from buying this stock, which obviously carries it's own risks, before doing so I would probably seek advice or become educated on the Chinese stock exchange. Different countries and markets have different rules, so when trying to maximize return on an investment, it's helpful to understand what those rules are. The other thing to understand would be taxation on profits from a foreign stock market. In the US on the NYSE taxation falls into either long term or short term capital gains, and the tax rate and how it's taxed varies based on which one you fall into. The more preferable tax bracket being obviously long term capital gains, meaning you owned the asset for at least 365 days and you are taxed on sale price minus cost basis. Tax rate then varies based on total earnings you have, but most people would fall into the 10%-15% brackets unless you're making over $500K a year. So an example is if you sold assets for $10K that you bought for $5K, you would be taxed on 10K-5K, or 5k at 10% if making within a certain range, or $500 onto your tax bill. Again, why this is important to understand is I don't know how foreign asset sales work for taxation purposes, but that is something a financial stock advisor or a tax professional would be able to tell you. This is important to know for determining when it's worth selling an asset for profit to understand what your take home really is. Likewise, there's also tax benefits for selling at a loss too, as you get to deduct that loss from your earnings.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

Largely flat today, but it hit an all time low today of 3.64. Ended at 3.79. Their quarterly results from June are abysmal. Net profit margin down 500%.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

nycjadie wrote:Largely flat today, but it hit an all time low today of 3.64. Ended at 3.79. Their quarterly results from June are abysmal. Net profit margin down 500%.
Down 500% holy moly
I Miss the good old days.

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

nonplayer wrote:
nycjadie wrote:Largely flat today, but it hit an all time low today of 3.64. Ended at 3.79. Their quarterly results from June are abysmal. Net profit margin down 500%.
Down 500% holy moly
Seems like a great company to invest in. :P

drmirage
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Buy in the dips.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

drmirage wrote:Buy in the dips.
I like Bacon Ranch with some Ruffles man that's so good

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FormerReader

Post by FormerReader »

That is valid if and only if you understand why the company is at its current value and why it is undervalued. I like Valiant as much as anyone, but unless you truly understand DMG’s business I would not be investing in them. There is no reason to expect the value of the company to increase.

markie7235

Post by markie7235 »

FormerReader wrote:
That is valid if and only if you understand why the company is at its current value and why it is undervalued. I like Valiant as much as anyone, but unless you truly understand DMG’s business I would not be investing in them. There is no reason to expect the value of the company to increase.
Exactly this

IF you were to invest them, it would be with this understanding and expectation:

You believe that the Valiant movies will happen and be successful enough to make DMG a healthy profit

On the flip side, DMG is more an investment company, so if you believe like I do they eventually intend to sell Valiant once making it profitable via movies, then you know long term investment in DMG is only worthwhile until they sell Valiant

In other words, if you're going to invest in them, which I would consider very risky, I would do it now while cheap in the hopes they jump upon movie releases, and sell before they sell off Valiant

While I've sure the movies will do fine and generate enough interest for DMG to ultimately sell, I just find them far too risky of a stock investment given they've produced nothing yet to show there will be value there. I just don't see any real upside to their stock. They aren't what I would call stable, they are in a terrible market being only on the Chinese stock exchange, they have tariffs killing them in the media space right now, offer no dividend, etc.

I guess if you want to own a piece of DMG, knock yourself out. If looking to invest and make a profit, there's many better stocks out there that are low enough still with potential and better business strategies to invest in.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

3.46 CNY. All time low.

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

BRIEF-DMG Entertainment And Media's Controlling Shareholder's Shares To Be Frozen By Court
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/brief-dmg-ent ... 19352.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Whoa!

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

sonicdan wrote:BRIEF-DMG Entertainment And Media's Controlling Shareholder's Shares To Be Frozen By Court
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/brief-dmg-ent ... 19352.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An Acclaim by any other name would be as lame.

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

depluto wrote:Whoa!
you said it...

anyone able to explain why this happened? Is it just the plummeting stock?

FormerReader

Post by FormerReader »

Not good news. I would love to see Valiant get bought out by a company that will do the company justice.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Great more changes. Comics will suffer. Will movies still be made. Wtf. Here we go dynamite sucks can buy it up now and turn it into adventure time cartoons.
I Miss the good old days.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

Oh wow. One or more of the shareholders must have filed suit. I don’t read Chinese, but would love to know more. There is a lot of juice behind the scenes, I am sure. So many questions.

Well, in any event, our Bloodshot issues will retain value for a bit, but I’m not sure about the rest.