August Solicitations

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
August Solicitations

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Shouldn't these be out now? July solicitations came out on the 17th of April...

MGS
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Re: August Solicitations

Post by MGS »

I think Marvel solicitations come out on the third Monday of the month (which was yesterday), and Valiant solicitations come out the following day, so they should be out today.

Mike

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

It's probably going to be the same titles for August as for July.... except for collected editions.

I don't expect (m)any changes before the conclusion of HW2.

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

This question gets asked every 3-4 months.

The solicitations almost always get released on the next to last Tuesday of the month. So probably today.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Keith
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

https://www.newsarama.com/40031-valiant ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Bl00dsh0t wrote:Shouldn't these be out now? July solicitations came out on the 17th of April...
DOOM!

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Pretty excited to see that Ninja-K issue #10 drawn by Stroman! Ryan Wynn has been sharing little teases of inked panels lately. Looks awesome. :thumb:

Lemire finishing his run on Bloodshot with #12 seems like an abrupt & weirdly timed end - I thought he still had a lot more Bloodshot stories to tell.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

Can we take a moment to appreciate that the Renegades are finally meeting Unity for the first time? I mean it took six years for it to finally happen, but the most of the pillars of Valiant Universe are finally in the same room together thanks to Harbinger Wars II. Faith is the only Harbinger character whose really interacted with the outside Valiant Universe until now.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

SuperMage wrote:Can we take a moment to appreciate that the Renegades are finally meeting Unity for the first time? I mean it took six years for it to finally happen, but the most of the pillars of Valiant Universe are finally in the same room together thanks to Harbinger Wars II. Faith is the only Harbinger character whose really interacted with the outside Valiant Universe until now.
Livewire: "Does Unity still officially exist? I can't keep track."

Six years and the timing for this event couldn't be any better or worse... depending on the outcome.

Anyone else wondering about Solomon, the Alpha, and Harada? Neither of them is featured on any cover or mentioned in any solicitations. A long time ago this event was supposed to be all about the Alpha.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
SuperMage wrote:Can we take a moment to appreciate that the Renegades are finally meeting Unity for the first time? I mean it took six years for it to finally happen, but the most of the pillars of Valiant Universe are finally in the same room together thanks to Harbinger Wars II. Faith is the only Harbinger character whose really interacted with the outside Valiant Universe until now.

Six years and the timing for this event couldn't be any better or worse... depending on the outcome.

Anyone else wondering about Solomon, the Alpha, and Harada? Neither of them is featured on any cover or mentioned in any solicitations. A long time ago this event was supposed to be all about the Alpha.
I literally have no idea what HW2 is about at this point.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

If Alpha and Solomon aren't a part of HW2 then I wonder when/where they will be addressed? I'm doubtful it will be part of Dysart's Harada/Imperium mini, since it was never part of his concept.

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

BugsySig wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:

Yes, this is the first major story (maybe first story at all) that Valiant has not been clear about or marketed strongly. It is also the first story that they have done without Dinesh and Hunter. I think those two things are related

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

kinggirlfriend wrote:If Alpha and Solomon aren't a part of HW2 then I wonder when/where they will be addressed? I'm doubtful it will be part of Dysart's Harada/Imperium mini, since it was never part of his concept.
lol Dysart probably wants to stay as far away from Roberts' *SQUEE* as possible! :lol:

Even if the story is great, I will be pretty disappointed if everything that was built up in Renegade was just abandoned. Otherwise.. what was the point?

According to all of the (very minimal) marketing, it looks like Alpha and Solomon are getting dropped like a f***ing rock.

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

It's not like they re-wrote Renegade(s) a dozen times trying to get it right.... :roll:
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

Thegreatmagnet
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by Thegreatmagnet »

syzhang28 wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:

Yes, this is the first major story (maybe first story at all) that Valiant has not been clear about or marketed strongly. It is also the first story that they have done without Dinesh and Hunter. I think those two things are related
Absolutely. As Gunslinger often says, it’s one of the great mysteries why they gave Harbinger to Rafer after he ran A&A into the ground. Add to that, why did they keep Robertson on the book with repeated hiatuses, especially when some were complaining about his art. They knew that HW2 was coming, and they didn’t give us an ongoing title to lead into it.

Admittedly there were hints of buildup in he early Bloodshot Salvation issues, but then they sent Ray off to the Deadside and then the future. They haven’t even really explained the timeline and how he is around to participate in HW2. I’ll assume that this is because they literally declined to give Lemire any editorial oversight...

Then, they completely restructure the event just months before the release to effectively remove Heisserer from the project despite being a fan favorite creator.

Why tease this event 2 years out and skip doing ANY real events last year when they did so little to set up this one? I really don’t feel that they set this event up for success, and after issue 1 I’m not really sold on the solidness of the story.

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Thegreatmagnet wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:

Absolutely. As Gunslinger often says, it’s one of the great mysteries why they gave Harbinger to Rafer after he ran A&A into the ground. Add to that, why did they keep Robertson on the book with repeated hiatuses, especially when some were complaining about his art. They knew that HW2 was coming, and they didn’t give us an ongoing title to lead into it.

Admittedly there were hints of buildup in he early Bloodshot Salvation issues, but then they sent Ray off to the Deadside and then the future. They haven’t even really explained the timeline and how he is around to participate in HW2. I’ll assume that this is because they literally declined to give Lemire any editorial oversight...

Then, they completely restructure the event just months before the release to effectively remove Heisserer from the project despite being a fan favorite creator.

Why tease this event 2 years out and skip doing ANY real events last year when they did so little to set up this one? I really don’t feel that they set this event up for success, and after issue 1 I’m not really sold on the solidness of the story.
Yeah I pretty much feel the same as you. I’ve read 95% of The comics Valiant has published since 2012 and this is the first time I’m seriously wanting to drop a book (I’ve not read Dead Drop). HW2 just feels “off”

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

BLOODSHOT SALVATION #12
BRITANNIA: LOST EAGLES OF ROME #2 (of 4)
HARBINGER WARS 2 #4 (of 4)
NINJA-K #10-14 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE
SHADOWMAN (2018) #6
X-O MANOWAR (2017) #18
#StayValiant

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Thegreatmagnet wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:

I would suspect Dinesh had it all planned out. But then he got wind of what was going down ie dmg take over. So maybe he backed out knowing he was going to be canned and why not why continue to build if the chines over lords want it they can have it and they can fail. Dmg stepped in and didnt follow through canned houissiur idea. Left alpha in the wind and changed course.
The hw2#0 issue was supposed to be a big deal and introduce alpha I have my doubts alpha will be explored after hw2.

To take out Solomon would under mine this series because it all started with him.
I'm not at all happy right now with dmg as alot ot you may already know. And yes Doom but fingers crossed in hopes they can do something. But each solicitation that comes out and no good news or any news gets my hopes sinking lower and lower.
I Miss the good old days.