What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Re: What video game are you currently playing?

Post by dornwolf »

Keith wrote:Well, I'd like to say that I've been playing the new Friday the 13th game but, unfortunately, the game won't let me. It's a 100% online game, and the public matchmaking is currently so screwed up that it makes the chances of actually getting into a game slim to none. The devs even released a patch yesterday that has potentially made things worse. Kinda stunned that something so common in gaming these days could be handled so wrong.
This kind of thing is a massive deterrent for me. I just can't get behind online only multiplayer games. It's why I haven't played a good chunk of Ubisoft games as of late.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

I'm really excited to try that game.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Well, my PS3 died so I've pulled my old PS2 out and have just started a game on Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Now, let's see if I can finish the game before *I* die! :kidaround:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Making my annual attempt at The Witcher 3. Will 2017 be the year I actually finish this thing?
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Keith wrote:Making my annual attempt at The Witcher 3. Will 2017 be the year I actually finish this thing?
Great game. My daughter bought me the GOTY edition for Christmas and it's one of the few games I've played that has lived up to all the hype. I enjoyed the second game in the series, but this one is so much better in all respects. A near perfect game, IMO.

Keith

Post by Keith »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
Keith wrote:Making my annual attempt at The Witcher 3. Will 2017 be the year I actually finish this thing?
Great game. My daughter bought me the GOTY edition for Christmas and it's one of the few games I've played that has lived up to all the hype. I enjoyed the second game in the series, but this one is so much better in all respects. A near perfect game, IMO.
Absolutely agree, and I really hope to make it through to the end. I usually get a case of Shiny Pennyitis and get distracted away by some flashier game that comes out down the road. While I am kinda running Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild concurrent, I don't quite have the feeling that it will distract me away from Witcher. Right now, I expect that the only game that might do it is Shadow of War and, fortunately, that one isn't out till Oct. 10.

Currently in the game, I finished having...um..."dinner" (awwwwww yeaaaaah)... with Keira Metz, and am now investigating the Crones of Brookback Bog. Trying to decide if I jump over to a side quest after that, or move on to the Bloody Baron.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Keith wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Absolutely agree, and I really hope to make it through to the end. I usually get a case of Shiny Pennyitis and get distracted away by some flashier game that comes out down the road. While I am kinda running Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild concurrent, I don't quite have the feeling that it will distract me away from Witcher. Right now, I expect that the only game that might do it is Shadow of War and, fortunately, that one isn't out till Oct. 10.

Currently in the game, I finished having...um..."dinner" (awwwwww yeaaaaah)... with Keira Metz, and am now investigating the Crones of Brookback Bog. Trying to decide if I jump over to a side quest after that, or move on to the Bloody Baron.
I really liked those quests, but found them a bit frustrating about what decisions to make to get the outcome I thought would happen. You may want to make a save just before starting them so you can go back and do things different, if you don't like the way things pan out.

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.

Post by ShadowTuga »

I spent the last week playing Arkham Origins.
I got to say that I really liked playing it this time. First one when it came out, felt like a 2nd tier trip to Arkham City, with a gimmick or 2 added. Well, it still feels like City, but I have to admit that the boss fights are (except one or two) pretty cool. I have the Cold, Cold Heart DLC and I'm now trying to finish it (also bought the Initiation pack, but geezez, the last combat map that you need to do in order to get the campaign done, it's insanely difficult as Bruce alone).
I just feel like I judged this game for being too similar to its predecessor and did not gave its cool stuff a chance. Now I am enjoying it, just that, even if it is the least WOW game of the previous gen's games in this series (Asylum- WOW, i'm Batman; City- WOW, i'm Batman in Gotham).
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

lorddunlow wrote:Playing Alien: Isolation. This game starts very slowly, but once the xenomorph shows up it's terrifying. So much fun.

I'm LOVING this game. The limited save points adds to the tension.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Brother Darque

Post by Brother Darque »

lorddunlow wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:Playing Alien: Isolation. This game starts very slowly, but once the xenomorph shows up it's terrifying. So much fun.

Anybody know if a sequel is in the works?

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Mass Effect: Andromeda on Xbox One and I just finished Life is Strange: Season 1 on PS4. I was hoping to finally get Horizon: Zero Dawn for the PS4 but that isn't happening due to money reasons.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Been playing a lot of free-to-play Warframe. It’s literally derailed my current gaming schedule.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Brother Darque wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

Anybody know if a sequel is in the works?
Haven't heard about one, but I would love it. I haven't played in about a week because life has been busy and family (including me) have been sick.

I got to the point where you find the captain of the ship that had the Nostromo black box on it.

Keith

Post by Keith »

Still making my way through Witcher 3:

I've basically wrapped up the Skelliga side of the main story, but still have some side quests and contracts to take care of. I did resolve the leadership of Skelliga quest, installing the daughter as the new Queen. I'll be curious to see if that comes back later in the game.

Heading back to Velen to look for the creepy little dude who may/may not be Ciri. I also gave Triss the old heave-ho and confessed my love to Yennifer. Oh, and I think I've completed every Gwent quest aside from the main one to get every single card. Don't see that happening.

Keith

Post by Keith »

Ugh... think I am almost to the end of Witcher 3:

I completed the Battle of Kaer Moren (sp?) as well as the revenge mission against the Wild Hunt General. Completed the extra prep work in Novigrad, and have now returned to Skelliga to find the Sunstone thing.

This game is insanely long. Truly a masterpiece, but I've been playing this all summer, and am feeling burnt out. I was planning on immediately tackling the expansions, but not sure I have it in me. Plus, Shadow of War comes out in October, and I am really looking forward to playing that one!

Keith

Post by Keith »

Witcher 3 = Done. <phew>

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

I've recently put the original Tomb Raider back into my PS2 after years and years of it collecting dust on the shelf... Great game :clap:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

I have Destiny 2 ready to rock at midnight tonight when it officially launches. My wife bought a separate PS4 just so she could play it with me :D
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

just do old nes stuff nowadays playing kart 64 the last few weeks

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Finished up ME Andromeda. I've had the game for quite some time, but wanted to wait for most of the bugs to be worked out before I started playing. There are still some glitches like doors not opening and you have to restart a mission, but they've cleaned up the game quite a bit. The combat system is much better than previous installments and it's easier to navigate to your mission points. A lot side quests and you can easily spend 80 hours on this game.

The main story is interesting, but the majority of the characters are pretty bland. Also, the art style and the facial expressions are really horrible for the human characters (not sure why they had such a problem with that). Overall though, fun game and now that you can pick it up for under 20 bucks I would recommend it, if you're a fan of these types of games.

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

Following Tomb Raider (original), I've now also just finished the second game. Most likely going to put the third game in next :thumb:

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Still working thorugh ALien Isolation, but I bought The Evil Within (the first one) when it went on sale for Halloween. That game is horrific. It wastes zero time in getting to the point and the point is "holy crap what have I gotten myself into".

Literally, the setup is a cutscene in the cop car to set up the scenario. Then you get control of your character and walk into the crime scene - bodies everywhere - mutilated. As soon as you interact with the first thing you can interact with the crazy stuff starts happening and it's all downhill from there. This game has me hooked already.

I just wish I had more time to play.

Also playing through the Kingdom Hearts series with my family in anticipation of KH3. My favorite game series. My wife and I played through the first 2 as they came out and then many times since. We finally got to a game we hadn't played (Birth By Sleep) and are really enjoying it a lot.

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

lorddunlow wrote:Still working thorugh ALien Isolation, but I bought The Evil Within (the first one) when it went on sale for Halloween. That game is horrific. It wastes zero time in getting to the point and the point is "holy crap what have I gotten myself into".

Literally, the setup is a cutscene in the cop car to set up the scenario. Then you get control of your character and walk into the crime scene - bodies everywhere - mutilated. As soon as you interact with the first thing you can interact with the crazy stuff starts happening and it's all downhill from there. This game has me hooked already.
Sounds really cool! Might have to try that one someday.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Destiny 2 was fun to play through initially and build up my characters, but the game suffers from some poor over-simplification decisions made by the designers as compared to D1, and the replay factor is also really disappointing.

My wife & I still enjoy playing together, but it's not as good of an experience overall. Still getting any DLC that comes along, as Bungie always manages to adjust and improve the game over time. They actually listen to a lot of feedback from their fan base!

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

I also ended up getting the re-release of Skyrim for PS4 for my birthday. So great to get back into this one - it reminded me all over again why it was my all-time favourite video game when it first came out. The hardest thing is not spending too much time on it as I have a billion other things to do... but I might actually get to finish it this time around :lol: