Bloodshot #1 (2012) 1:50 variant not as rare as thought...

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
Re: Bloodshot #1 (2012) 1:50 variant not as rare as thought.

Post by Elveen »

grendeljd wrote:
Elveen wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
Elveen wrote:
bygranddesign wrote:
Elveen wrote: I've held the OG art for that cover. It's a beaut!
:o

wow ... Congrats! Great find!

:high-five:
I don't own it. But I know the dude who does.
Wow, that's like - the best - Bloodshot art there is. The owner of that is stoked!
I'm sure he is. But I bet he wishes he had the original art of Kindt's OG map of Japan........ now THAT is an impressive piece of original art.
Thats a pair of very lucky dudes who own those two particular pieces of original art :thumb: :thumb:
A Pair?

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

greg wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
oldjello wrote:Speaking of updating, will the price guide have updates for 2016 books?
Is there a way of helping you with this?
Looks like it was just done on the 23rd. Maybe there isn't enough information or they can't get a solid fix on the prices? Just a wild guess, I'd imagine the people working the price guide are doing it for free, and I'd also imagine it takes a considerable amount of time to complete. We maybe only looking at what, one ever 6 months depending on availability? Even with the latest update, it seems the prices lag behind just a little. 9.6 #1 Harbinger states roughly $280 for the last 2 months, yet I haven't seen one for less than $315, many closer to $350. I understand asking price versus actual paid price.
I update the price guide with Ebay sale prices (and GPAnalysis data) weekly.

However, the database itself doesn't have books printed since about a year ago. Those take a long time to enter by hand, and since valiantdatabase.com was also compiling them, my hope was to borrow the data from that site (with permission).

Unfortunately, that hasn't worked either, so I have been able to access the official Previews Retailer Order information, but it's in PDF and text formats, not database formats.

Once I have all the latest books added to the database, I'll go back through my Ebay records and line up the sales for those additional books (I have the sales data all the way back to their original release last year).

Long story short, I'm working on adding books printed since about a year ago... and I'm hoping it will be more automated in the future.

(If I was billing for my time on this whole update process, it would be over $10,000 easily... but since it's free... I'll do it when I get to it.) :P

:hope:
There are some price variation on some books on the valiant fans price guide v the valiant database price guide, I think both price guides pull from EBay sales, what could be the reason for the differences? eg Harbinger Wars #1 1:20 Crain $118 v $14 , Divinity #1 $320 v $261, XO #0 Gold $84 v $22

Ps I appreciate the time and effort that must go into making a price guide so this is not meant in any way as a crticism I'm just looking to understand why they might be different so I can make informed decisions on purchases :thumb:

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

I don't know how valiantdatabase.com calculates. The valiantfan.com price guide uses the sales (at least 2 sales) in the last 30 days, but if there aren't any, it uses last the 60 days, but if there aren't any, it uses 90 days, but... etc.

I will probably adjust the rules when I update again. There are 3 years of Ebay data now, so I should be able to check for the total number of sales first, then decide how many sales to use. Harbinger #8 1:20 variant is a good example. No recorded sales since 2013, so the guide price is probably way off.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Elveen wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Elveen wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
Elveen wrote:
bygranddesign wrote: :o

wow ... Congrats! Great find!

:high-five:
I don't own it. But I know the dude who does.
Wow, that's like - the best - Bloodshot art there is. The owner of that is stoked!
I'm sure he is. But I bet he wishes he had the original art of Kindt's OG map of Japan........ now THAT is an impressive piece of original art.
Thats a pair of very lucky dudes who own those two particular pieces of original art :thumb: :thumb:
A Pair?
Oh crap, you're right! *A* very lucky dude :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

grendeljd wrote:
Elveen wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Elveen wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
Elveen wrote: I don't own it. But I know the dude who does.
A Pair?
Oh crap, you're right! *A* very lucky dude :thumb:
THere u go.

oldjello
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Rai (before the Future Force)

Post by oldjello »

greg wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
oldjello wrote:Speaking of updating, will the price guide have updates for 2016 books?
Is there a way of helping you with this?
Looks like it was just done on the 23rd. Maybe there isn't enough information or they can't get a solid fix on the prices? Just a wild guess, I'd imagine the people working the price guide are doing it for free, and I'd also imagine it takes a considerable amount of time to complete. We maybe only looking at what, one ever 6 months depending on availability? Even with the latest update, it seems the prices lag behind just a little. 9.6 #1 Harbinger states roughly $280 for the last 2 months, yet I haven't seen one for less than $315, many closer to $350. I understand asking price versus actual paid price.
I update the price guide with Ebay sale prices (and GPAnalysis data) weekly.

However, the database itself doesn't have books printed since about a year ago. Those take a long time to enter by hand, and since valiantdatabase.com was also compiling them, my hope was to borrow the data from that site (with permission).

Unfortunately, that hasn't worked either, so I have been able to access the official Previews Retailer Order information, but it's in PDF and text formats, not database formats.

Once I have all the latest books added to the database, I'll go back through my Ebay records and line up the sales for those additional books (I have the sales data all the way back to their original release last year).

Long story short, I'm working on adding books printed since about a year ago... and I'm hoping it will be more automated in the future.

(If I was billing for my time on this whole update process, it would be over $10,000 easily... but since it's free... I'll do it when I get to it.) :P

:hope:
No worries, Greg.
I wasn't complaining. I reference the list quite frequently and appreciate it.

:headbang:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Speaking of "not so rare" ... mycomicshop is selling 1:20 variants of X-O Manowar 1 for $2. I bought a short stack but they still have more.

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

depluto wrote:Speaking of "not so rare" ... mycomicshop is selling 1:20 variants of X-O Manowar 1 for $2. I bought a short stack but they still have more.
Wow. Wierd and cool.

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

depluto wrote:Speaking of "not so rare" ... mycomicshop is selling 1:20 variants of X-O Manowar 1 for $2. I bought a short stack but they still have more.
When there's one in my cart, it won't let me change the quantity. :hm:

michael
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 2014
Favorite character: none
Favorite title: EW
Favorite writer: Kirkman
Favorite artist: none

Post by michael »

xo not showing up for me when I search, maybe they ran out. :cry: