Garbage Pail Kids - Original Series

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

greatbrandino11
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek (Sting)
Favorite title: Harbinger
Garbage Pail Kids - Original Series

Post by greatbrandino11 »

I'm thinking about collecting the original Garbage Pail Kids series. Does anyone know any reliable sellers who deal with these cards/sets? I'm not sure if I want to buy complete sets (which is certainly the easiest way) or buy unopened boxes and feel the excitement of opening the packs myself.

Thoughts/opinions?

Cheers,

Brandon
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.
Re: Garbage Pail Kids - Original Series

Post by Aram »

Probably VERY EXPENSIVE, you'd probably want to do sets for early and then maybe boxes for fun on later cheaper series. Haven't looked in ages but I remember vividly I thought about it about 15 years ago the early series were in the hundreds then..
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

greatbrandino11

I bought boxes for the 3rd, 5th, and 12th series. GPK Series 1 and 2 cost hundreds of dollars for full boxes so I will probably consider purchasing complete sets instead of buying the boxes. It will be a fun project but certainly spaced out over time. The pockets are only so deep.

Funcha
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor Smith

Post by Funcha »

Try thousands of dollars for series 1. If I could find one for just hundreds of dollars I'd probably buy it on the spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greatbrandino11

Funcha wrote:Try thousands of dollars for series 1. If I could find one for just hundreds of dollars I'd probably buy it on the spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a complete set or a full unopened box? I know the unopened boxes sell for thousands.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Man I love Garbage Pail Kids!

At least the earlier stuff - I used to buy the cards for a couple years back when it started. I don't have any now, I'm not even sure what happened to all the ones I had... But I do still have a couple of the plastic figures that came in mini garbage bags with some candy. Anyone else have those?

I also have a hardcover book that came out a couple years ago, it has all the card images from series 1 through 5.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tevans333
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by tevans333 »

grendeljd wrote:Man I love Garbage Pail Kids!

At least the earlier stuff - I used to buy the cards for a couple years back when it started. I don't have any now, I'm not even sure what happened to all the ones I had... But I do still have a couple of the plastic figures that came in mini garbage bags with some candy. Anyone else have those?

I also have a hardcover book that came out a couple years ago, it has all the card images from series 1 through 5.
Former GPK addict here. Those plastic figures are called Cheap Toys and some of them fetch a few hundred bucks, especially if you're from Canada or the UK, since that were some of the rare variants came from.

If your looking for a good community to buy/trade with at reasonable prices (much lower than eBay) then try GPKUG.com or the facebook groups "The Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace Official" and "Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace". Even though 1 says Official and 1 doesn't, they are two different and very good groups, and neither is actually "official".

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

tevans333 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:Man I love Garbage Pail Kids!

Former GPK addict here. Those plastic figures are called Cheap Toys and some of them fetch a few hundred bucks, especially if you're from Canada or the UK, since that were some of the rare variants came from.

If your looking for a good community to buy/trade with at reasonable prices (much lower than eBay) then try GPKUG.com or the facebook groups "The Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace Official" and "Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace". Even though 1 says Official and 1 doesn't, they are two different and very good groups, and neither is actually "official".
Cool, thanks for the info. I am from Canada, but I doubt mine are rare - I recall looking them up some time ago, aren't the rarer figures neon colours or something? I have three regular red ones (including Adam Bomb) & one light pink coloured one.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;