3DJoes.com

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Carson
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
More 80s Joe art!

Post by Carson »

G.I. Joe art of the 80s was the best in the industry. It went well beyond the carded figures, vehicle boxes and catalogs. We have just added the first six "Find Your Fate" books, featuring art by Carl Cassler and Hector Garrido. Be sure to check out the full screen image gallery!

Find Your Fate - 3DJOES

THANK YOU to Page and Greg Wagner for scanning, photoshopping and contributing these images. More to come!

Carson
Remember that time Hasbro made a G.I. Joe remote controlled

Post by Carson »

Back in 1987, Hasbro partnered with Nikko to manufacture one item I had wanted since the VAMP was released in 1982: a remote controlled vehicle! Sure the MOBAT was fun, but you couldn't steer it from afar. Enter: the Crossfire! Hasbro made two versions of the Crossfire (Alpha 27 and Delta 49) that utilize unique radio frequencies so they can race each other. Unfortunately, a rival Cobra R/C car was never introduced.

Thanks to the Yo Joe Outlet, ROMA Collectibles and Tim Dz for contributing to this page!

http://www.3djoes.com/crossfire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carson
Re: 3DJoes.com

Post by Carson »

It's statue week at 3DJoes! Every day I will publish a new statue.

Yesterday was The Baroness:
Baroness bust - 3DJOES

Today is Roadblock:
Roadblock bust - 3DJOES

Come back every night for a new statue, including these Palisades busts: Cobra Commander, Firefly, Flint, Snake Eyes and finally the Diamond Snake Eyes Icons bust.

All seven of these statues are from the collection of Justin Marcoux. Give him a shout over on twitter (@YoJoe1982), he loves to talk Joes!

Carson
1986 is complete!

Post by Carson »

It's speed vs. maneuverability as the Conquest X-30 takes on the Cobra Night Raven S³P!

The Cobra Night Raven is all about one thing, speed! It is capable of flight at 3 times the speed of sound (Mach 3.5 to be precise).

The Conquest X-30's advanced forward-swept wing design enables precise maneuverability. Who will win? My bet is the X-30 if the Night Raven is dumb enough to slow down for a dog fight.

These are the last two 1986 vehicles, so 1986 is finally complete! Be sure to check out the detailed image galleries on both pages.

1986 Overview - 3DJOES

Cobra Night Raven S³P - 3DJOES

Conquest X-30 - 3DJOES

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

Outside the Skystriker and the Rattler, the Conquest X-30 was one of my favorite planes! I had it and my cousin had the Night Raven. I thought the Night Raven was cool, but it was just too big. The Conquest X-30 was perfect!
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Carson

Post by Carson »

Heath wrote:Outside the Skystriker and the Rattler, the Conquest X-30 was one of my favorite planes! I had it and my cousin had the Night Raven. I thought the Night Raven was cool, but it was just too big. The Conquest X-30 was perfect!
Nice, I got the conquest for Christmas of 1986. Coincidentally, that year I discovered there was no Santa Claus by finding my conquest two weeks early addressed to me from Santa Claus :-)

Heath
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

Carson wrote:
Heath wrote:Outside the Skystriker and the Rattler, the Conquest X-30 was one of my favorite planes! I had it and my cousin had the Night Raven. I thought the Night Raven was cool, but it was just too big. The Conquest X-30 was perfect!
Nice, I got the conquest for Christmas of 1986. Coincidentally, that year I discovered there was no Santa Claus by finding my conquest two weeks early addressed to me from Santa Claus :-)
There is too a Santa! He just can't fit all those toys in his sleigh and has to store some of them locally. Yeah, that's it...
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Carson

Post by Carson »

Heath wrote:
Carson wrote:
There is too a Santa! He just can't fit all those toys in his sleigh and has to store some of them locally. Yeah, that's it...
You sound just like my mom right before Christmas of 86 :-)

Carson

Post by Carson »

The "Catalogs and offers" section has been completely upgraded!

Dozens of new catalogs and offers have been added to the 3DJoes print section! We have now documented almost every single catalog and offer from 1982-1994, thanks to a huge loan from Tim Dz. Some of these have never before been documented! Additionally, we revised all of the large pieces adding image galleries that allow you to read every bit of copy and marvel at all of the illustration and photography. Head on over to the catalogs and offers page and get ready for hours of nostalgia!

http://www.3djoes.com/catalogs-and-offers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carson

Post by Carson »

The Mean Dog has arrived and it's three vehicles in one: a V-8, 440 BHP armed recon vehicle, a mobile missile arsenal with 12 SAM missiles, and a giant standalone canon! Be sure to check out the detailed image gallery below the box art to see all of the play features.

Mean Dog - 3DJOES

Carson

Post by Carson »

The 1987 Cobra WOLF (Winter Operational Light Fighting Vehicle) is actually quite well armed: featuring four surface-to-air missiles, two ski torpedoes and "Ripper" 20 mm cannons. Plus it can carry up to eight troops into battle!

http://www.3djoes.com/cobra-wolf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carson
1989 Night Force Night Boomer!

Post by Carson »

New at 3DJoes! The 1989 Night Force Night Boomer is a rare, highly sought after re-release of the 1983 Skystriker. Check it out at:
http://www.3djoes.com/night-boomer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carson
The Battlefield Robots have arrived!

Post by Carson »

The Battlefield Robots have arrived!

Devastator: Devastator - 3DJOES
Hovercraft: Hovercraft - 3DJOES
Radar Rat: Radar Rat - 3DJOES
Tri-Blaster: Tri-Blaster - 3DJOES

All four Battlefield Robots were designed by Guy Cassaday. He optimized costs by utilizing the maroon gun, missiles, and whip antenna on both Cobra Battlefield Robots and the gray wheels, green whip antenna, missiles and missile rack on both G.I.Joe Battlefield Robots.

Thanks to Tim Dz, Yo Joe Outlet & Museum Center, Dan Carroll, and Crowemag Toys for contributing loaner vehicles, blueprints, and boxes. I couldn't complete the mission without you guys!

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

something about the baroness and black leather :? :?

Carson

Post by Carson »

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero is now on Vimeo! Even better, 10% of your purchase helps keep 3DJoes.com spinning ad free!

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (the animated series) - 3DJOES

Vimeo is now selling the entire G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero animated series! All 95 episodes are available for $1.99 each or $40 for the entire series. You can stream your purchases anytime on your computer, TV, mobile, or tablet (with an internet connection of course). Want to take your purchases with you? Download Vimeo's DRM-free SD, HD, and mobile files!

Vimeo has much better video compression than YouTube. I've been using them for years to host my own professional video samples (Carson Mataxis - Krop Creative Database), so I'm glad to see G.I. Joe and Vimeo have teamed up.

Even more exciting, Vimeo has offered a 10% referral bonus to help keep 3DJoes spinning ad free. Please, buy yours today!

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gijoe?r=3djoes

Carson

Post by Carson »

Collecting the Art of G.I.Joe: Volume 1 (1982-1983) is now available for download from the iBooks and iTunes store!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/collec ... 1016307271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you own a compatible iPad (with iBooks 2 and iOS 5 or later) or iPhone (with iOS 8.4 or later) then you should be good to go.

The Collecting the Art of G.I.Joe: Volume 1 (1982-1983) iBook is interactive! On each character and vehicle page you will see a clickable blue star. These stars link out to the corresponding page on 3DJoes so you can check out the spins, file cards, full cardbacks, vehicle boxes, etc. I hope you enjoy the experience.

The final print files have been uploaded to the printer. I am eagerly awaiting the Accufoil softcover proof before mass production begins. I'll keep you posted on the timeline as soon as I have it, but we are still on course for a mid-to-late July delivery.

In the meantime, we are pressing forward on Volume 2. The art is roughly 95% photographed and 75% edited as of this update.

Thank you all for the support and encouragement!

Carson

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

ill have to check this out.

did you get a chance to play with the Marauder Task Force figures yet? they are just short of amazing.

Carson

Post by Carson »

ilzuccone wrote:ill have to check this out.

did you get a chance to play with the Marauder Task Force figures yet? they are just short of amazing.
I have not yet, but my local collector friend went all in on them and I look forward to checking his out!

Carson

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

Carson wrote:

I have not yet, but my local collector friend went all in on them and I look forward to checking his out!

Carson
prepare to be blown away.

also your site is top notch.

Carson

Post by Carson »

ilzuccone wrote:
Carson wrote:

Carson
prepare to be blown away.

also your site is top notch.
Thanks for checking it out!

Magnus9178
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Favorite character: Turok
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Ron Marz

Post by Magnus9178 »

Carson, for Fast Draw how do you know which way to have the missiles mounted on the pack? Your 3d doesn't match the card so I was curious how you decided which way to do? Also, the one I just bought has really long cords, do you think this is odd?

Carson

Post by Carson »

Magnus9178 wrote:Carson, for Fast Draw how do you know which way to have the missiles mounted on the pack? Your 3d doesn't match the card so I was curious how you decided which way to do? Also, the one I just bought has really long cords, do you think this is odd?
Sure, you can flip the missile holders the other way (underneath the missiles), but then the trigger cable has to go a lot longer distance and wrap under or around the missiles to get to it's connection point. With the missiles under the holders that cable has a much shorter distance to travel and won't get tangled up as easily.
AKA "The Anti-Chartist: he who made Charty go Sharty"
---------------------
Valiant Fan # 2021
---------------------
G.I. Joe Fan #1
http://www.3DJoes.com

Magnus9178

Post by Magnus9178 »

Carson wrote:
Magnus9178 wrote:Carson, for Fast Draw how do you know which way to have the missiles mounted on the pack? Your 3d doesn't match the card so I was curious how you decided which way to do? Also, the one I just bought has really long cords, do you think this is odd?
Sure, you can flip the missile holders the other way (underneath the missiles), but then the trigger cable has to go a lot longer distance and wrap under or around the missiles to get to it's connection point. With the missiles under the holders that cable has a much shorter distance to travel and won't get tangled up as easily.
The cables seem twice as long as the one on your site. I checked other sites and they seem to be just as long on there. I'll post a picture when I can so you can see what I'm talking about, but basically with the long cables you can easily have room to have the missile holders underneath.

Magnus9178

Post by Magnus9178 »

Here is what I was talking about. Sorry it took so long to post.

Carson
Joe art

Post by Carson »

We just posted four new auctions to benefit Master Sergeant Josh Wheeler's family!
gijoe_arah on eBay

Thanks to Ron Rudat and Kirk Bozigian for contributing to this most worthy cause.
Collectively we have raised over $8,000 with $800 coming from the previous round of Joe auctions.

Learn more about Master Sergeant Josh Wheeler here: http://www.3djoes.com/a-real-american-hero.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you'd simply like to donate, please visit: https://www.gofundme.com/joshualwheeler