Switch to full style
Discussions of VALIANT art, artists, and the creation process. Share your latest acquisitions,
or find help in learning about original art.
Post a reply

VH1 SOLAR & X-O Commission (+ chance to help a great artist)

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:56:24 am

Hey guys, if you are in the Facebook Valiant groups you probably have seen me sharing this, but if not, I hope you can help out.

Tone Rodriguez is a dear friend of mine and an amazing artist. He was the first artist EVER to do a signing at our store, about 15 years ago, and I will never forget it. Tone moved to Arizona to get away from the "LA lifestyle" but unfortunately his health problems followed him there. He's asking for people to help him out with some bills by doing commissions. His art is INSANE, I will post a work in progress and a final piece he's doing for me right now below. Take advantage of this, and help a fantastic individual at the same time. This dude is as amazing as it gets, truly, and a great talent to boot.

You can contact him here: https://www.facebook.com/tone.rodriguez1?fref=ts

Here is my in progress commission. I asked for THE WORKS, 2 characters, background, inks and washes. It will cost a bit but not as much as most think and it's going to someone I truly adore as a human being. This guy never said no to me, including 5 or 6 times to sit at the store for 4 hours while little kids ask for sketches for Free Comic Book Day.

final piece

Re: VH1 SOLAR & X-O Commission (+ chance to help a great art

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:50:08 am

BTW, this was $200 shipped.

Thu May 05, 2016 6:16:16 am

paradise wrote:BTW, this was $200 shipped.

:o

Well, that's a damn fine deal!

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:32:05 pm

i dont have facebook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but that art is beautiful

an eternal warrior/x-o fight scene would be cool as hell

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:49:21 pm

Looks amazing!

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:57:58 pm

You guys should really contact Tone for a commission, there is no better value for the money spent

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:48:22 pm

Is there a contact for Tone outside of Facebook? Does he do the DeviantArt thing? I would love to help him out and get some fantastic art at the same time.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:43:07 pm

Trenton Sy wrote:Is there a contact for Tone outside of Facebook? Does he do the DeviantArt thing? I would love to help him out and get some fantastic art at the same time.

Email him here tonerodriguez2000@gmail.com
Post a reply