Painted Art

Discussions of VALIANT art, artists, and the creation process. Share your latest acquisitions,
or find help in learning about original art.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

johnhickman
My posts can all fit in a short box
Painted Art

Post by johnhickman »

I had always been a bit of a snob about collecting only "original" inked line art, but I recently acquired some painted art (Thanks Kev!) of Carol VanHook's and was blown away. It's very cool to see how this process worked. Check it out!

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger
Re: Painted Art

Post by R Daneel »

johnhickman wrote:I had always been a bit of a snob about collecting only "original" inked line art, but I recently acquired some painted art (Thanks Kev!) of Carol VanHook's and was blown away. It's very cool to see how this process worked.
Very cool. It seems like the pencils/inks are the things you see out there mostly, I wonder what happens to all the colored art?? I know these days more and more are being done on computers, but I would love to have a nice peice of colors one day for the office.

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

Yeah Valiant colors are awesome.
You got some nice examples there John!
DAN
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

johnhickman
Re: Painted Art

Post by johnhickman »

R Daneel wrote:
johnhickman wrote:I had always been a bit of a snob about collecting only "original" inked line art, but I recently acquired some painted art (Thanks Kev!) of Carol VanHook's and was blown away. It's very cool to see how this process worked.
Very cool. It seems like the pencils/inks are the things you see out there mostly, I wonder what happens to all the colored art?? I know these days more and more are being done on computers, but I would love to have a nice peice of colors one day for the office.
I don't think it's in as much demand, and that different companies had different ways of producing the art. Most of these painted pages can be bought pretty at decent prices.

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

How cheap is "cheap"? I'm still looking for some pre-unity art and those examples are just amazing. I didn't realize that the color versions are even more exciting to see then the pencils/inks.
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

johnhickman

Post by johnhickman »

whetteon wrote:How cheap is "cheap"? I'm still looking for some pre-unity art and those examples are just amazing. I didn't realize that the color versions are even more exciting to see then the pencils/inks.
Kevin Van Hook was selling some of Carol's stuff starting at about $25 a page, fairly reasonable. He's a member of the site, so his contact info should be around somewhere...

Jaknife
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Jaknife »

i wonder how long it would take to paint an issue like that.