Re-Reading: Harbinger 41

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

How would you rate this book?

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
25%
25%
25%
No votes
25%

Total votes: 4

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls
Re-Reading: Harbinger 41

Post by Todd Luck »

Xoken asked me to keep the re-reading project going while he's out of the country...

I thought we could do a book a day (that way people can read one every day or catch up on weekends), talk about it on its own, in the context of whats next, in regards to what expectations it creates and vote on how good it is. I don't have to be the one that posts everyday. If I miss a day or if someone wants to take over please do

For voting think of your single favourite comic book (not just VALIANT) as the benchmark - thats a 10 - and grade according to that.

The voting (I'm hoping) will help new readers make more educated descisions. If this turkey files maybe we can even do a list of the books according to average voting grade.

Make sure to mention what you like'd about the book, what you didn't, what you wish they would have done, your favourite panels, lines of dialogue, little bits of trivia etc.

Harbinger 41

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

That's it for Harbinger.

If anyone wants to continue to follow The Harbinger and Harada they can pick up The Visitor 1-13. I can't honestly recommend them but I couldn't recommend the last 30 issues of this series either :) .

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Todd Luck wrote:That's it for Harbinger.

If anyone wants to continue to follow The Harbinger and Harada they can pick up The Visitor 1-13. I can't honestly recommend them but I couldn't recommend the last 30 issues of this series either :) .
come on...not the last 30...just the last 23 or so :lol:

it didn't become a REAL stinker until 26...that's when it seems we all thought it really went to pot... :P
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

myron wrote:

it didn't become a REAL stinker until 26...that's when it seems we all thought it really went to pot... :P
Amen.

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
myron wrote:

Amen.
A 5 is about as bad as a 4 in my book. I thought the series wasn't very good at all story-wise after issue 12, as you can probably tell by my "reviews". But I can say Chen's artwork on the series after issue 25 is extrodinary. It's ashame he couldn't have done it on a better book.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Seems I had missed to post here before. Not a very inspiring issue to post about. The Harbinger is shown as totally confused. Harbinger Files 2 shows more of this confusion. This issue provides no closure and doesn't feel like a last issue at all.

/Magnus

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

magnusr wrote:Seems I had missed to post here before. Not a very inspiring issue to post about. The Harbinger is shown as totally confused. Harbinger Files 2 shows more of this confusion. This issue provides no closure and doesn't feel like a last issue at all.

/Magnus
EXACTLY!!!!! No closure. I found myself going "what?" by the end of this issue. Ah well. I'm sure once I have completed a set of Valiant books and I can and have read all the various issues, it will make sense (hopefully:))

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

I think the reason it doesn't feel like a last issue is because it was never intended as such. I believe, and I could be mistaken, that VanHook had written another 3-5 issues, but that Valiant simply dropped the booked without any closure.