Re-reading: Harbinger #21

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

How would you rate this book?

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
50%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 2

xoken
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Re-reading: Harbinger #21

Post by xoken »

I thought we could do a book a day (that way people can read one every day or catch up on weekends), talk about it on its own, in the context of whats next, in regards to what expectations it creates and vote on how good it is. I don't have to be the one that posts everyday. If I miss a day or if someone wants to take over please do

For voting think of your single favourite comic book (not just VALIANT) as the benchmark - thats a 10 - and grade according to that.

The voting (I'm hoping) will help new readers make more educated descisions. If this turkey files maybe we can even do a list of the books according to average voting grade.

Make sure to mention what you like'd about the book, what you didn't, what you wish they would have done, your favourite panels, lines of dialogue, little bits of trivia etc.

Harbinger #21

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

So Pete has mono. That's..anticlimatic. And in the middle of recovery he decides to go to his parents place. That makes no sense.

Same lack luster writing and art. But here we apply it to the very real issue of child abuse. I know it's become very common for child abuse to be retroactively introduced into comic character's histories but it shouldn't be done for everyone.

Here it's simply too much. Where was this abusive father in Harbinger 0? Why have we seen no results of this abuse in Pete's character before? What's our message here, that normal relatively well-adjusted kids get beaten too?

It just feels too retroactive and cliched. A lower than normal 4.