Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #15

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

How would you rate this book?

No votes
No votes
33%
33%
17%
17%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 6

xoken
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #15

Post by xoken »

I thought we could do a book a day (that way people can read one every day or catch up on weekends), talk about it on its own, in the context of whats next, in regards to what expectations it creates and vote on how good it is. I don't have to be the one that posts everyday. If I miss a day or if someone wants to take over please do

For voting think of your single favourite comic book (not just VALIANT) as the benchmark - thats a 10 - and grade according to that.

The voting (I'm hoping) will help new readers make more educated descisions. If this turkey files maybe we can even do a list of the books according to average voting grade.

Make sure to mention what you like'd about the book, what you didn't, what you wish they would have done, your favourite panels, lines of dialogue, little bits of trivia etc.

Eternal Warrior #15

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

Okay, so now for a change of pace. We go from an all action issue gues-starring Bloodshot...to an action issue guest-starring Bloodshot. Hm :| . Okay, it's repetative but if it works, don't knock it and it definately works here. Gilad and Bloodshot are a great team. Rising Spirit, as always, is a very interesting villian. Great action and art. Clever prologue too (would it have killed them to have Gilad say "Hi-ho Silver!"? :D ). An 8.

Jaknife
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Jaknife »

i really like yvels art on this book, and i like how it shows that bloodshot and gilad are friends. cuz in alot of comics, they may be freinds,but nothing ever happens. not so at valiant.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I gave this a 6, could have easily been a 5. The saving grace is the potential of Gilad and Bloodshot as a team.

Downside is a plot that starts to look like Our Man Flint. Good action though, even with some overmatched ninjas.

xoken

Post by xoken »

Gilad is the Lone Ranger? HA! That's kinda cool.

Great art in this one. Well done Yvel and Rodney!

Unlike the previous issues, I'm into this one straight away. It opens with a question and gives you the answer very slowly. The pace is great when Bloodshot is getting to the island. I wonder if its that Bloodshot is just a more interesting character. I feel that Gilad's 'rules' haven't been defined. I never worry because I don't know how he can die, when does he get knocked out, does he feel pain?

Another body? Now I'm really interested. No need for super huge attacks and explosions. Good old suspense will beat them out anyday.

Ninjas! I love Ninjas!
Great action. Nice explosion. Some necessary exposition and then our man Gilad was undercover the whole time. Very nice.

"Sorry man" - Lame
"where'd you get the ninja outfit" - Awesome

The duo work well together. You can see they are friends here. No need for "my bestest friend in the whole wide world is gilly".

Ends on a cliffhanger so its hard to say whether all the potential will be played out. I give it a 7

xoken

Post by xoken »

depluto wrote:I gave this a 6, could have easily been a 5. The saving grace is the potential of Gilad and Bloodshot as a team.

Downside is a plot that starts to look like Our Man Flint. Good action though, even with some overmatched ninjas.
Agreed. The plot seems underwhelming. Hopefully it picks up next issue.

What relation did the prologue have to the story this time?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

xoken wrote:What relation did the prologue have to the story this time?
How about "walking into a trap"?

/Magnus

xoken

Post by xoken »

magnusr wrote:

/Magnus
I guess, but that's quite a strech :(

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

yeah, but oh well. +1 for valiant for actually having japanese ninjas, instead of the white ninjas tha took over comics.

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

xoken wrote:
magnusr wrote:

/Magnus
I guess, but that's quite a strech :(
:?

If you can of anything that the prologue and the main story were about other than Gilad leading his friends and colleages into a trap that (potentially) gets them killed let me know.