Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #13

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

How would you rate this book?

No votes
No votes
No votes
40%
20%
20%
20%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 5

xoken
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #13

Post by xoken »

thought we could do a book a day (that way people can read one every day or catch up on weekends), talk about it on its own, in the context of whats next, in regards to what expectations it creates and vote on how good it is. I don't have to be the one that posts everyday. If I miss a day or if someone wants to take over please do

For voting think of your single favourite comic book (not just VALIANT) as the benchmark - thats a 10 - and grade according to that.

The voting (I'm hoping) will help new readers make more educated descisions. If this turkey files maybe we can even do a list of the books according to average voting grade.

Make sure to mention what you like'd about the book, what you didn't, what you wish they would have done, your favourite panels, lines of dialogue, little bits of trivia etc.

Eternal Warrior #13

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

I mixed up the issue numbers originally (I'm not neccesarily reading these only one a day) so here's my real review of issue 13:

The issue felt a little lacking. Imortal Enemy in Gilad's body had so much potential but what we get here is the Enemy going about business as usual. Their's not much difference to him having the body and a crime lord taking over a city is pretty passe in comics.

Still the art is great and writing is still sharp. And I did really enjoy the "I had forgotten my brother looke so much like a white man" scene. A 6 (even though I accidently gave a 7 when I mixed it up with issue 12 :P )
Last edited by Todd Luck on Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:22:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I gave this one the lowest score of any of the books we've covered so far ... a 5. The story just didn't accomplish much although the last page was a nice touch.

In the prologue Gilad goes from "I have to catch this guy right this second" to I've got all the time in the world" in about two pages.

Good potential for a story, although as the embodiment of evil the IE could aspire to be a little more than a drug dealer.

xoken

Post by xoken »

Very cool opening. Gilad is tormented by the immortal enemys decision to hide in the catacombs because it reminds Gilad that he can not die. :D

Hard boiled detective morgan returns. blah!

I've beaten you Anni-Padda...HAHAHAHAHA :( I thought valiant wasn't into the whole sound effects thing.

"Crap runs down hill...." Whoa. Seen that one a million times before.

When was bloodshots trial?

Okay evil gilad is bad *SQUEE*. I just wish his plan was a little more cunning.

How does Detective Morgan know Geoff didn't kill anyone? They didn't meet before did they?

Time to kill Gilad, how do you do that??? Simple. Ask Bloodshot. This better be one hell of a brawl.

Overall plot is nice but the little things are missing. The worst part about the writing in the last few issues is all the missed opportunities. I have a feeling its so the story can fit into 22 pages of 6 panels each. Shooter was great at filling in those little moments. I give it a 6

xoken

Post by xoken »

depluto wrote:I gave this one the lowest score of any of the books we've covered so far ... a 5. The story just didn't accomplish much although the last page was a nice touch.

In the prologue Gilad goes from "I have to catch this guy right this second" to I've got all the time in the world" in about two pages.

Good potential for a story, although as the embodiment of evil the IE could aspire to be a little more than a drug dealer.
Good points

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

xoken wrote: When was bloodshots trial?
Bloodshot 4 and 5. It wasn't a trail in a courtroom but a "trail" by the mob that Gilad helped with. Though I suppose you could say the jury was still made of Bloodshot's peers :wink: