Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #11

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

How would you rate this book?

13%
No votes
25%
25%
25%
13%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 8

xoken
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #11

Post by xoken »

Eternal Warrior #11

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Man, all that fuss over the Burger King crown ...

Another self-contained one-issue story. A beautful thing! Not every comic has to be a cliffhanger. Thank goodness for the days before rampant trade paperbacks.

Nazis, eh? And it was good to see ruthless Gil in action. He didn't give that dude sitting at the radio much of a chance.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

I liked it...like depluto said...one shot, wrapped up nice and neat...like the army stuff... decent work...8
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

xoken

Post by xoken »

Interesting opening with the color scheme...although was this before or after Schindlers List? Still, Im dissapointed. The holocaust is such great material because it provides a badguy everyone can agree with. You can really do some great writing with that as a backdrop. I'm think Magnetos child hood in the X-Men movie.

I like that we get some real progress in this book. We finally get the groundwork set up about Neville and Jess.

The plot is a little weak. Mostly because it centers around Gilad doing something nice for Jess and Gilad and Neville being a team again. Problem is we don't care about these people. We've only seen them a few times before and have no idea what they are a like. No sympathy for them yet.

Some really kick *SQUEE* action in the museum though. :thumb:

And the ending really tells us a lot about gilad. I remember thinking the first time he said "I never know what to say" that they could have written that better but it really pays off here. Gives the whole book a nice context.

I give it a 7

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

xoken wrote:Interesting opening with the color scheme...although was this before or after Schindlers List? Still, Im dissapointed. The holocaust is such great material because it provides a badguy everyone can agree with. You can really do some great writing with that as a backdrop. I'm think Magnetos child hood in the X-Men movie.
Oh, the really good holocost prologue is coming in about 4 or 5 more issues :wink: .

This was another solid "eternal Rambo" issue for me. Good art. Great fight scenes. My only problem is that all the action solely relied on improbable coincidence. A band of Neo-Nazi happens to want the same crown, happens to pick the exact same time to break into the museum, and one of them happens to be a desendant of the Nazi who the crown. Just a little too thick for my taste. So I'll take off a point for that that so I give a solid 7 too.

xoken

Post by xoken »

Todd Luck wrote:
xoken wrote:Interesting opening with the color scheme...although was this before or after Schindlers List? Still, Im dissapointed. The holocaust is such great material because it provides a badguy everyone can agree with. You can really do some great writing with that as a backdrop. I'm think Magnetos child hood in the X-Men movie.
Oh, the really good holocost prologue is coming in about 4 or 5 more issues :wink: .

This was another solid "eternal Rambo" issue for me. Good art. Great fight scenes. My only problem is that all the action solely relied on improbable coincidence. A band of Neo-Nazi happens to want the same crown, happens to pick the exact same time to break into the museum, and one of them happens to be a desendant of the Nazi who the crown. Just a little too thick for my taste. So I'll take off a point for that that so I give a solid 7 too.
hmm that is a weak coincidence...I wish I could make my vote a 6 now.

I'm looking forward to the next holocaust prologue

tarheelmarine
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore
Re: Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #11

Post by tarheelmarine »

I've always liked this issue. It's such a great issue to give out since it is self-contained. It's gotta be tough being the EW, and seeing everyone you like, love, etc to age and die.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

tarheelmarine wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:04:06 pm I've always liked this issue. It's such a great issue to give out since it is self-contained. It's gotta be tough being the EW, and seeing everyone you like, love, etc to age and die.
You've got to check out The Old Guard on Netflix if you haven't, man. It's based on it's own comic, but in my mind it's almost a perfect Eternal Warrior flick. It's a really good movie....

tarheelmarine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore

Post by tarheelmarine »

IMJ wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:27:07 am
tarheelmarine wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:04:06 pm I've always liked this issue. It's such a great issue to give out since it is self-contained. It's gotta be tough being the EW, and seeing everyone you like, love, etc to age and die.
You've got to check out The Old Guard on Netflix if you haven't, man. It's based on it's own comic, but in my mind it's almost a perfect Eternal Warrior flick. It's a really good movie....
I will check it out.