Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #7

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

How would you rate this book?

No votes
50%
50%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 8

xoken
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #7

Post by xoken »

I couldn't wait, so here it is a day early

Eternal Warrior #7

xoken

Post by xoken »

Very interesting opening. Geomancers kill for the earth too, not just the fist and steel. And a great payoff later from the opening of the last issue.

I wish they would have shown how Gilad was caught and tied up? Also, Can he be killed by hanging? I like that, I like that he isn't a superman.

Very creepy scene at the cemetary, something about graveyards in New Orleans that is sooo VALIANT :D I hope the new VALIANT takes advantage of this.

It's hard for a comic to scare you but I have to admit the clown doing...that thing...was pretty scary.

Darque was creppy in #6 with the pot belly but good god he is just EVIL in this one. Poking through that guys eye! :o You can imagine what the man at the desk looks like. And all of this a cunning plan. Even later with the zombie distraction. This is Darque at his best, using his powers to employ his evil plans. Not merely using them in force.

AHHHHH..seeping brains...... :o :o

So buck's soul is trapped in the tiger claw? In a way he's damned then? I mean if things would have stay'd this way. That's pretty *SQUEE* for Buck. I guess they had no choice. He was a real tropper. Willing Gilad to damn him for the earth.

Why doesn't darque cut Geoff's head open?

Gilad fighting zombies and bits of them flying everywhere. That is soo much cooler than when Carmen keeps kicking them with anything happening in Second life of Dr. Mirage.

Breaking the Bagh-Nakh, what a great panel! The EW imagery, the solar-esqe background. A classic moment in Valiant history.

Two things I wish they would have done differently.
- BWS is so talented I wish he had come up with something better for the nine souls then white stars...
-The thought box/voice over at the end "And the menace of master darque with them!" I wish that had ended with a ? not a !

Epilogue
The falling through time thing again, but this time is darque hearing it? Did he find out something about Gilad?

So what did darque learn from those evil creatures?

A very very good book. A fantastic way to have Darque meet Geoff and Gilad. Well done BWS! A solid 8. I would give #6+7 a 9 had it been one 48 pager like the next issue. :thumb:

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

classic BWS...on the order of Conan...lots of blood, guts and gore flying around...dark and evil around every corner...awesome stuff...9 solid
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

The art is better than the story, but that's often the case with BWS. A lot of violence, grit and pain.

My main problem with the story is Gilad's naive attitude towards Darque. It's not like the Geomancers gave him enough hints ... why didn't he just chop Darque up instead of breaking the Bagh-Nakh? Gilad gets played in this one.

Still, gave it a 9. Important tale in the Valiant continuity.

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

depluto wrote:Important tale in the Valiant continuity.
You betcha!

-j
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

I gave it a 9.
This isn't a comic, this is literature! BWS defined both characters, maybe even set the bar to high.

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

gave it an 8...i think that's the highest so far for any ew (from me). which is weird, because it's not my favorite issue...it's the one i can only read when the kids aren't home...that pic of the eye poking is painful...i'm serious...can't stand it...and that clown! gross!

xoken

Post by xoken »

We need more votes here. Where are the other 13 people that voted on EW 1???