Switch to full style
A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.
Post a reply

Unity #1 Re-Read

Sat May 24, 2014 10:20:14 am

Im re reading the first Unity arc. I loved it the first time I read it. But I have become fixated on 1 page in particular. It's a splash page with Aric and Renee Rousseaux. She is explaining the sound and smell of what it's like being near the XO armor. What incredible writing. This page is why comics can be such an amazing medium. It gives you the tools to use your own imagination. We'll all "smell' and "hear" something different from one another. I love comics.

Re: Unity #1 Re-Read

Sat May 24, 2014 9:56:29 pm

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:Im re reading the first Unity arc. I loved it the first time I read it. But I have become fixated on 1 page in particular. It's a splash page with Aric and Renee Rousseaux. She is explaining the sound and smell of what it's like being near the XO armor. What incredible writing. This page is why comics can be such an amazing medium. It gives you the tools to use your own imagination. We'll all "smell' and "hear" something different from one another. I love comics.

It was a great moment, without a doubt.

Sat May 24, 2014 10:08:55 pm

jmatt wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:Im re reading the first Unity arc. I loved it the first time I read it. But I have become fixated on 1 page in particular. It's a splash page with Aric and Renee Rousseaux. She is explaining the sound and smell of what it's like being near the XO armor. What incredible writing. This page is why comics can be such an amazing medium. It gives you the tools to use your own imagination. We'll all "smell' and "hear" something different from one another. I love comics.

It was a great moment, without a doubt.

And if I remember right, that whole segment wasn't in the original script. Kindt got permission from Warren to add more and made up the whole food blogger angle to show us X-O from an outside viewpoint. It was my favorite part of the comics as well. Glad he got to add it in.

Sat May 24, 2014 10:48:20 pm

Phoenix8008 wrote:And if I remember right, that whole segment wasn't in the original script. Kindt got permission from Warren to add more and made up the whole food blogger angle to show us X-O from an outside viewpoint. It was my favorite part of the comics as well. Glad he got to add it in.

It's a very strong element. When we see something for the first time, we note how it smells, how it moves, what it looks like. So apropos for the opening pages of a new title.

Sat May 24, 2014 10:50:07 pm

But she does look like Erica Pierce...

Sat May 24, 2014 10:59:39 pm

lorddunlow wrote:But she does look like Erica Pierce...

:tomato:

Sun May 25, 2014 6:21:00 am

lorddunlow wrote:But she does look like Erica Pierce...

I'm sorry I don't understand, she looks like WHO?
Post a reply