Switch to full style
A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.
Post a reply

Original Valiant Trades

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:41:56 pm

Okay as I've made no secret I'm tracking down old Valiant and one of the things I've tracked down the most it seems are trades from that era. I've been wondering how many series from that era got trades not counting the ones VEI did for Harbinger, Archer and Armstrong and X-O and how did any get multiple volumes.

The ones I've found/know of:

X-O (own)
RAI (own)
Shadowman (own)
The Valiant Era Collection (own)
Solar (hear of)

Also why does Shadowman collect issues 1,2,3 and then 6 why not 4 and 5

Re: Original Valiant Trades

Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:07:05 am

The Shadowman trade collects those issues because 4 and 5 are found in the Unity trades.

There are two Solar trades. There are two Magnus trades. There are four Unity trades, the first of which includes a slipcase. There was also a 2-volume set Unity trade published by Diamond, these usually sell for around $200 each. There was a Harbinger trade that went into a second print.

There were also TPB variants, where the logos were blue. X-O, Harbinger and Rai all had "bluebird" versions. Those command a slight premium.

Off the top of my head, those are the only ones I can think of that are not on your list.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:41:53 am

Not a trade, but there is a Solar HC

Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:42:33 am

Trades: http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/comic ... ?req=trade

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:18:30 pm

greg wrote:Trades: http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/comic ... ?req=trade

yeah, that about covers em...

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:30:12 pm

greg wrote:Trades: http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/comic ... ?req=trade

I want to say that is cheating but since you wrote that webpage, I guess it is just bragging.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:54:51 pm

I was about to say, "I think this guy named Greg maintains a website that has all of this information nicely archived here".

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:19:20 am

IMJ wrote:I was about to say, "I think this guy named Greg maintains a website that has all of this information nicely archived here".

So shoot me I was hoping to discuss these releases a little. See how difficult it is to find them since I've so far just stumbled drunkenly into them

Chiclo wrote:The Shadowman trade collects those issues because 4 and 5 are found in the Unity trades.

That actually makes sense. With the huge dedication to continuity it makes sense that they would extend that to the trades in an effort to make those releases tight.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:36:44 pm

They're pretty common for the most part. You can still find the Harbinger trades, sealed, for short money.

That Shadowman trade never sat well with me.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:41:30 pm

KXXX wrote:They're pretty common for the most part. You can still find the Harbinger trades, sealed, for short money.

That Shadowman trade never sat well with me.

Well I've found a good group of them so far so who knows. Also just wondering what did you find wrong with the trade for shadowman
Post a reply