Switch to full style
A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.
Post a reply

Bloodshot #4

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:50:16 pm

I doubt it, but I'm wondering if my issue is screwed up.

The story is about Bloodshot and Gilad going after the mob who has Bloodshot's sister who he doesn't remember. Right smack dab in the middle of the story is about 3-4 pages of Malev War stuff.

Do I have a jacked up copy or did they really just drop something completely unrelated into the middle of this issue? If that's the way the book should be, that's some crappy writing.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:13:38 pm

My copy is the same, so I imagine it's intentional. 5 pages of Malev War.
Maybe to introduce the concept of Eternal Warrior being Eternal to Bloodshot readers? Maybe a subplot that will play into the Blood of Heroes later? Somebody other than me probably knows. But I can at least confirm it's not just your copy.

- Matt

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:22:07 pm

Thanks. I'm sure it's because the Malev War is ramping up where I'm at in the reading. It's just a really weird place to drop it right in the middle of the story.

Re: Bloodshot #4

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:03:55 am

400yrs wrote:I doubt it, but I'm wondering if my issue is screwed up.

The story is about Bloodshot and Gilad going after the mob who has Bloodshot's sister who he doesn't remember. Right smack dab in the middle of the story is about 3-4 pages of Malev War stuff.

Do I have a jacked up copy or did they really just drop something completely unrelated into the middle of this issue? If that's the way the book should be, that's some crappy writing.

It continues next issue.

/Magnus

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:39:41 pm

Yeah without spoiling too much-the stuff that EW learns in the 90s he utilizes in the future with Rai or something like that. It all ties together. Issue 5 even has Rai on the cover iirc.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:47:49 pm

Thanks. That's what I figured. I still have another 4 issues before I get to Bloodshot #5. It's weird that they just dropped it in the middle. At the end or with a better break point, I could understand.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:52:46 pm

I believe it was to actually promote the Malev War storyline and Bloodshot simultaneously. It provided fans who had no idea about the 2 "future" titles, Magnus & Rai, to Bloodshot readers and Bloodshot/Blood of Heroes to Rai/Magnus readers.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:33:47 am

Def well tied together piece, the dates were off a bit but they def had a point and it was executed well.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:34:55 pm

400yrs wrote:I doubt it, but I'm wondering if my issue is screwed up.

I was wondering the same thing! :? Did my books get bound in the wrong order or something? I see now that they tried to tie it in somehow.

mkb28
Post a reply