Early Harbinger continuity error

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

shaxper
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Early Harbinger continuity error

Post by shaxper »

I apologize if this one has been discussed before, but I was surprised, because the pre-Unity stuff is usually pretty tight knit.

I was rereading Harbinger #2 tonight, and found Harada introducing himself to Sting. "Hello, Peter. I'm Toyo Harada, the founder and chairman of Harbinger", yet Sting was training with him in #0. Of course, #2 was probably written first, but it's still a major glitch.

DJSpecter
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by DJSpecter »

never did understand that one myself. My only possible explanation- off the top of my head- is that Harada had tried some sort of brain-wipe thing, but it doesn't seem like a very strong explanation.

Sect
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Sect »

Yeah,

looks like it would be hard to explain given that they have coupons for Harby 0 in #2 which means they knew that Harby 0 was planned if not already completed, somewhere down the future.

bamaphilosopher
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1, 1991
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart, Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Lupacchino, BWS, Lapham

Post by bamaphilosopher »

Yep! I noticed this when reading my Harbingers recently, too. Another Unity and pre-Unity glitch was that Solar hadn't been seen by 1-A in a thousand years in the Rai/Magnus flipbook, yet Solar delivered Magnus to 1-A just 25 years before at the end of Unity.

shaxper

Post by shaxper »

My best guess is that #2 was written first, and they hadn't planned on having Harada meet Sting in #0, but added it for dramatic effect (my teacher; my enemy).

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

Richmond West wrote:Yep! I noticed this when reading my Harbingers recently, too. Another Unity and pre-Unity glitch was that Solar hadn't been seen by 1-A in a thousand years in the Rai/Magnus flipbook, yet Solar delivered Magnus to 1-A just 25 years before at the end of Unity.
For Harbinger 0, remember that it was written by Lapham and not Shooter (who wrote every Harbinger issue himself til he was booted). Could the issue have been written as Shooter was booted? (I don't know when issue 0 was actually shipped or the date of Shooter's "departure")

If I remember the Magnus issue correctly Magnus said noone had seen Solar in a thousand years which would've been correct from his point of view. 1-A wouldn't have told Magnus about meeting Solar (IF he did, for all we know Solar could've teleported the baby into 1-A's home and let 1-A figure out the rest :) ).