Switch to full style
A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.
Post a reply

Bloodshot

Wed May 12, 2010 10:05:14 pm

So i finally finished the series. This used to be my favorite valiant book. And I still really enjoy the first 20ish books in this.
Then wtf. Jillian a bloodshot? Proteus? The writing for 50 and 51 had to have happened on the 3 minute drive to work for the writer. Either that or it was edited to hell.

Then again, this isn't the worst end run stuff I have read from valiant(acclaim).

Wed May 12, 2010 10:06:26 pm

Greg,DJ - if you could move this to the re-reading section. I meant to post it in there, not sure how I got it into General

Thu May 13, 2010 9:27:15 am

No problem.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:30:13 pm

Finishing Bloodshot is still on my to do list....maybe next? :?

Thu May 20, 2010 9:10:55 pm

I finished the series about a month ago. True it does drop off a little a times but overall I think it holds up better towards the end than X-O.
Bottom line though I loved Bloodshot! Now I need to finish Ninjak.

Thu May 20, 2010 9:36:26 pm

megatronthe3rd wrote:Now I need to finish Ninjak.


Why?

Thu May 20, 2010 9:52:50 pm

megatronthe3rd wrote:I finished the series about a month ago. True it does drop off a little a times but overall I think it holds up better towards the end than X-O.
Bottom line though I loved Bloodshot! Now I need to finish Ninjak.


I agree about the X-O comment, but you have to admit that the final issue of X-O was pretty satisfying when compared to other end-of-run books :) Maybe? Lol...

Thu May 20, 2010 10:13:05 pm

JonesyAZ wrote:
megatronthe3rd wrote:I finished the series about a month ago. True it does drop off a little a times but overall I think it holds up better towards the end than X-O.
Bottom line though I loved Bloodshot! Now I need to finish Ninjak.


I agree about the X-O comment, but you have to admit that the final issue of X-O was pretty satisfying when compared to other end-of-run books :) Maybe? Lol...


Truthfully Jonesy it's been some time since I've read the final issue of X-O.
It was always my favorite of the Valiant books but now when I go back to re-read them I always stop around the Birthquake stuff. It's just so frustrating to see such a wonderful story driven book turned into "Image" splash pages.
I'll have to jump to the last issue and see how it ends.

Thu May 20, 2010 10:13:35 pm

Chiclo wrote:
megatronthe3rd wrote:Now I need to finish Ninjak.


Why?


Is it that bad?

Thu May 20, 2010 10:27:01 pm

megatronthe3rd wrote:
JonesyAZ wrote:
megatronthe3rd wrote:I finished the series about a month ago. True it does drop off a little a times but overall I think it holds up better towards the end than X-O.
Bottom line though I loved Bloodshot! Now I need to finish Ninjak.


I agree about the X-O comment, but you have to admit that the final issue of X-O was pretty satisfying when compared to other end-of-run books :) Maybe? Lol...


Truthfully Jonesy it's been some time since I've read the final issue of X-O.
It was always my favorite of the Valiant books but now when I go back to re-read them I always stop around the Birthquake stuff. It's just so frustrating to see such a wonderful story driven book turned into "Image" splash pages.
I'll have to jump to the last issue and see how it ends.


Oh, you are absolutely correct that the quality from Birthquake on is horrible...lol. I remember people saying this on the site before I acquired the end of the books. And I would have to agree with the majority of the folks that the majority of the Valiant books just turn to crap. Hahahahaha.

Shadowman indeed holds up to the end, Bloodshot was great until the last few issues. I personally really dug X-O's final issue. Harbinger was a big let down at the end. I'm still not sure how I feel about Giffen's Magnus run, because while it couldn't hold a candle to Shooter, I still kind of dug the creative liberties that he took with the characters. I can't stand the cliffhanger ending though...hahahaha.

Fri May 21, 2010 12:18:27 am

megatronthe3rd wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
megatronthe3rd wrote:Now I need to finish Ninjak.


Why?


Is it that bad?


I actually liked the end of Ninjak. Some of the towards the end books were poor, but the last story arc I thought was good. In fact, when I finished reading #26 (GREAT cover BTW) I was actually bummed.

Fri May 21, 2010 4:21:21 am

Ninjak really started getting good towards the end. I really wish that mini had come out and helped answer some questions. :|

Fri May 21, 2010 9:50:59 am

BloodOfHeroes wrote:Ninjak really started getting good towards the end. I really wish that mini had come out and helped answer some questions. :|



For sure.

Fri May 21, 2010 11:24:31 am

Elveen wrote:
BloodOfHeroes wrote:Ninjak really started getting good towards the end. I really wish that mini had come out and helped answer some questions. :|



For sure.


Yes, that last arc was getting really good; lots of suspense and intrigue :) Makes you wonder if the nun would have become "NinJane?"

Fri May 21, 2010 11:31:04 am

JonesyAZ wrote:
Elveen wrote:
BloodOfHeroes wrote:Ninjak really started getting good towards the end. I really wish that mini had come out and helped answer some questions. :|



For sure.


Yes, that last arc was getting really good; lots of suspense and intrigue :) Makes you wonder if the nun would have become "NinJill"?


Fixed it for you. :P

Fri May 21, 2010 12:50:24 pm

iggy101us wrote:
JonesyAZ wrote:
Elveen wrote:
BloodOfHeroes wrote:Ninjak really started getting good towards the end. I really wish that mini had come out and helped answer some questions. :|



For sure.


Yes, that last arc was getting really good; lots of suspense and intrigue :) Makes you wonder if the nun would have become "NinJill"?


Fixed it for you. :P
winner winner

Fri May 21, 2010 5:38:08 pm

myron wrote:
iggy101us wrote:
JonesyAZ wrote:
Elveen wrote:
BloodOfHeroes wrote:Ninjak really started getting good towards the end. I really wish that mini had come out and helped answer some questions. :|



For sure.


Yes, that last arc was getting really good; lots of suspense and intrigue :) Makes you wonder if the nun would have become "NinJill"?


Fixed it for you. :P
winner winner


hahahahahahahahaha

Fri May 21, 2010 7:09:47 pm

What mini? :?

Sun May 23, 2010 6:18:09 am

dave wrote:What mini? :?


http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105944&sid=4f6005f790d9bf174ee5257da7a9ffc7
Post a reply