Unity and the Lost Chapter

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

sanman
I can feel the custom bug
Unity and the Lost Chapter

Post by sanman »

I just read the Unity Lost Chapter for the first time last night. To my surprise it I found it well illustrated and interesting to read. Kinda brought back feelings from when I was in high school reading Unity for the first time.

On the other hand I didn’t feel like it really added to the Unity crossover—a set of comics that I’ve held my collection since they were published.

When you guys re-read Unity do you include the Lost Chapter too, and if so when? I’m kinda thinking after Unity #1.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
Re: Unity and the Lost Chapter

Post by myron »

sanman wrote:I just read the Unity Lost Chapter for the first time last night. To my surprise it I found it well illustrated and interesting to read. Kinda brought back feelings from when I was in high school reading Unity for the first time.

On the other hand I didn’t feel like it really added to the Unity crossover—a set of comics that I’ve held my collection since they were published.

When you guys re-read Unity do you include the Lost Chapter too, and if so when? I’m kinda thinking after Unity #1.
no

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Nope.

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

I don't re-read it with the rest of the Unity issues because when I re-read Unity, I read just the TPBs.

I like the idea of Unity Lost Chapter but I don't like it that much because a lot of the content of that issue overlaps with the X-O Unity issue.

sanman

Post by sanman »

iggy101us wrote: I like the idea of Unity Lost Chapter but I don't like it that much because a lot of the content of that issue overlaps with the X-O Unity issue.
Yeah, I thought so too. It’s really the kinda lost or unexplored Unity moments—nothing is entirely new or revealing.

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

This issue seemed very much a "throw-away" book, but so far in my reading experience, many of the "Yearbooks" seemed pretty throw-away...lol. The Turok yearbook was kind of cool though, with Mon-Ark being in human form.