Re-Reading HARD Corps #14

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Score?

No votes
No votes
75%
25%
No votes

Total votes: 4

The Harbinger
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re-Reading HARD Corps #14

Post by The Harbinger »

Thoughts?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: Re-Reading HARD Corps #14

Post by magnusr »

A "part 1". Has some action (though the bad guys hold a long speech instead of using the element of surprise) and introduces a tech-wiz who might be a threat. It's not "actively bad", but not good either.

/Magnus

Torque
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Good Story Detail.

Post by Torque »

Torque

Issue #14, This issue has another decent story that continues to utilize storyline details from previous issues. A point that I think is one of the most important features that makes a successful issue and comic series.

I’ve included below some of my random notes from re-reading this issue:

Mission for this issue: Investigate Harbinger Foundation’s “Starstep” complex and determine if it was responsible for the H.A.R.D. Corps Invulnerability mode failure in the mission from the last Issue #13.

We learn there’s an “Intelligence” division of Omen Enterprise, but we haven’t heard its name yet.
H.A.R.D. Corps is the military division of Omen Enterprises in comparison.

Someone is threatening Mr. Heydrich the director of the H.A.R.D. Corps, and accusing him of responsibility in Superstars death.

Harbinger Foundation’s “Starstep” complex off the coast of Vancouver, British Columbia, is used to develop technologies for Harbinger Foundation use. Some of the items developed included: “Star Squad” space armor which is to be used to guard Harbinger Foundation Orbital Bases.

The “Star Squad” space armor looks a lot like the Armorines suits and weaponry. Wonder if the Armorines Government entity acquires the Armorines suits from the Harbinger Foundation after what we learn happens to Harada in issue #15? Guess I’ll have to re-read Armorines to determine this.

The H.A.R.D. Corps determine that “Other Man” know as “Changer” by the Harbinger Foundation has also been committing acts of sabotage against the Harbinger Foundation and not just against the H.A.R.D. Corps. Does "Big Boy's" brother who somehow controls "Other Man" blame Harada also for his brothers death, and that's why "Other Man" is attacking both?

Sam “Flatline” is showing reluctance to kill enemies who’s attacking H.A.R.D. Corps team agents. Wondering if they’re starting to set his character up as the next to be killed off, just like Superstar was? The rookie "Wipeout" also doesn't like killing.

This was a decent story, with some ok individual art cells. Not unbelievable but ok. 3/5
<br><br>

Crimebuster Deluxe
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Crimebuster Deluxe »

I found this one to be a step up from the last six or so issues. This one was fast and action packed. The threat seemed more credible for some reason this time around. Interested to see how it concludes.