Re-Reading HARD Corps #11

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Score?

No votes
No votes
75%
No votes
25%

Total votes: 4

The Harbinger
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re-Reading HARD Corps #11

Post by The Harbinger »

Thoughts?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: Re-Reading HARD Corps #11

Post by magnusr »

Always nice to see an inside panel used for the cover. Which is about the best I can say about this issue. Maybe not bad either, but rather bland.

/Magnus

Torque
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Good Decent Story - "Other Man"

Post by Torque »

Torque

Issue #11; there’s something simple and raw, while still exposing detail in the art that I like about this issue. Look at Page 3 of Lifeline in the command center with the detail of the command center shown, or Page 9 of the expression on the guard’s face when the “Other Man” attacks him and Page 18 with the team defending themselves in training on “Slaughter Street.” The story is simple but with a great introduction of a new enemy, and that leaves the reader wanting to find out more.

I’ve included below some of my random notes from re-reading this issue:

First reference of the H.A.R.D. Corps using the term “Psi-Borgs” is made.

Another reference is made to H.A.R.D. Corps agents being placed on Invulnerability Mode when off-duty as a default mode. (See review by me for Issue #2)

Flatline makes reference to serving a five year contract with the H.A.R.D. Corps. Was Flatline saying this as a figure of speech, or does Flatline and the other H.A.R.D. Corps agents have a false belief by Omen Enterprises that all agents would only be serving a five year service in the H.A.R.D. Corps then be allowed to live a civilian life?

Mr. Seth Black is running tests on Hammerhead to determine if there are any adverse effects from the Alien Generator that was causing interference on H.A.R.D. Corps powers that were see in issue #10 (See review by me for Issue #10).

Softcore (Ellen) – First reference to her as “Senior Control Liaison” for switching H.A.R.D. Corps agents between powers.

An Omen Enterprise Employee by the name of "Sergel" reposts on the findings of "Other Man" who was impersonating "Seth." Will we see "Sergel" again?

This is the First issue of H.A.R.D. Corps where a new enemy by the name of “Other Man” is seen. The “Other Man” seems to be able to assume another person’s physical form, but not necessarily their voice as well. Seems like the “Other Man” is trying to infiltrate and sabotage the H.A.R.D. Corps team.

Good story, where I want to know more about this “Other Man.” 3/5
<br><br>

Crimebuster Deluxe
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Crimebuster Deluxe »

One of my favorite covers so far.

This issue would make a good jumping on point for people who haven't tried the series out up until now, which made the majority of this issue rehash and exposition (with the exception of the mystery surrounding the identity of the "Other Man").

3/5