Re-Reading HARD Corps #8

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Score?

No votes
No votes
67%
33%
No votes

Total votes: 3

The Harbinger
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re-Reading HARD Corps #8

Post by The Harbinger »

Thoughts?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: Re-Reading HARD Corps #8

Post by magnusr »

While there is action, it seems the focus is on the two teams and how their members learn and collaborate. It's an ok issue, but it doesn't do much for me.

/Magnus

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

standard new team intro model...ok, but nowhere near as good as the first half dozen issues

Torque
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Great, Pulling in Story Details from Previous Issues

Post by Torque »

Torque

Issue #8 was a great story. Good Story Detail was pulled from previous issues and placed into this story making it a great read. Compared to the last issue #7, more art detail was placed into background images in this issue to make the characters surroundings really come alive.

I’ve included below some of my random notes from re-reading this issue:

Mission of this issue: Destroy the Harbinger Foundation “Aerospace Facility” in Estonia to prevent the Harbinger Foundation from moving its operations to Estonia.

Estonia was the country that Harada was trying to control with the Gold Shipment, but Harada is now trying to use his Estonian “Aerospace Facility” for the same purpose of controlling Estonia.

It’s interesting that we see William (We’ve seen William in other H.A.R.D. Corps issues who I believe is some type of Facility or Project Director for the Harbinger Foundation.) with Harada inspecting the “Aerospace Facility” in Estonia, that will be producing Aerospace Technology to create Estonian Jobs and create an influx of Cash to allow Harada to influence Estonian Government Officials to allow the Harbinger Foundation to Function outside of the rules, regulation, and prying eyes of other less favorable governments.

H.A.R.D. Corps has alliance with an Estonian Dissident group who has infiltrator inside Harada’s “Aerospace Facility.”

In this issue we see that the Harbinger Eggbreaker “Static” from issue #4 didn’t die in the H.A.R.D. Corps attack on Harada’s gold ship.

Other Harbinger Eggbreakers seen in this issue include:
“Static”
“Flashbulb” (First appearance in HARD Corps)
“Taser” (First appearance in HARD Corps – Taser shoots energy darts from her hands that effect a victims nervous system. This power seems to be similar to Neural Spike Power)
“Rock”
“Decoy” (First appearance in HARD Corps – Decoy can create illusions that appear as physical objects.)

We find out the 3 new Rookie H.A.R.D. Corps agents call signs:
"Hotshot"
"Perp"
"Wipeout" - Tim (Tim is having a hard time accepting being a H.A.R.D. Corp agent because he finds it difficult to hurt others when fighting on a mission.)

Overall very enjoyable issue just like in issue #4, I give it 4/5.
<br><br>

Crimebuster Deluxe
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Crimebuster Deluxe »

First issue to rate below a 4 (though it was a high 3).

Hammerhead's "Flathead" barbs have gotten old fast, also something seemed off about Hammerhead's characterization this issue.

Also, the art seemed to jump back and forth between good and amatuerish. Still, this issue was better than alot of what you'd see on the racks today.