Re-Reading HARD Corps #5

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Score?

No votes
No votes
No votes
100%
No votes

Total votes: 3

The Harbinger
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re-Reading HARD Corps #5

Post by The Harbinger »

Thoughts?

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Still not as cool as when, in Secret Weapons # 11, the new group said "Oh my God, it's a Robot" upon seeing BS. "Ahh, they'll do, with a bit of training." not the EXACT words but the sentiment is what did it for me. I did like the story in issues 5-7 of HC, however. The series remained healthy for a while. S.Weapons actually went south for me after # 11 :(

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: Re-Reading HARD Corps #5

Post by magnusr »

Like last issue I'm not sure how I feel. It's great action, still a bit of character development and it's firmly rooted in the valiant universe. Still I miss something. I say 4, just not sure if it's a strong or weak 4. Ah well, add in the art and it's a strong 4.

/Magnus

Torque
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Great Story, love pulling out details to build story line.

Post by Torque »

Torque

Issue #5 is a good strong issue building on what the purpose and mission of the H.A.R.D. Corps group is. Omen Enterprises studies Harbingers and is able to devise transmissions keyed to the Cybernetic Circuits Surgically Implanted in H.A.R.D. Corp Agent’s brains to allow agents to simulate Harbinger powers one at a time.

I’ve included below some of my random notes from re-reading this issue:

Bloodshot’s appearance, where Bloodshot is looking to locate the Mafia Boss Gino Canelli to find out information from him about Project Rising Spirit which gave Bloodshot his Nanite Blood and powers. Gino Canelli planted false information about his own whereabouts to set a trap for Bloodshot.

H.A.R.D. Corps mission in this issue is to Determine if Bloodshot is a new Harbinger and if he is bring him back for Examination. To help bring Bloodshot in for examination, a member of Omen’s funding Consortium has provided classified data as to where Bloodshot’s next location will be. Looks like one of the Consortium’s members is the Mafia, because they were the ones who planted false information as to Gino Canelli’s whereabouts in hopes Bloodshot would be in the designated location when the H.A.R.D. Corps came looking for him. This Builds upon the story-line that we don’t really know who are all the members in the Consortium/Cartel that’s backing H.A.R.D. Corps and Omen Enterprises. Some of these members might not all be good like the mafia, and we might not know their true purpose for tracking Harbingers, and opposing Toyo Harada.

We see two new H.A.R.D. Corps Powers:
Ghost Mode
Stun Ram Mode

We know Shakespeare at the beginning of this issue is on Vacation in Oregon visiting an old Marine Buddy, but by the end of the issue we see that Shakespeare has been captured along with others and some type of physical experiment is being conducted on them all

This is an excellent example of how Valiant built great stories entwining details wanting the reader to know more. 4/5.
<br><br>

Crimebuster Deluxe
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Crimebuster Deluxe »

Possibly my favorite issue so far, though not by much considering I've given 4/5 to all of the first five issues. Still. it was fun to see Bloodshot interacting with the team.