Re-Reading HARD Corps #4

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Score?

No votes
No votes
25%
50%
25%

Total votes: 4

The Harbinger
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re-Reading HARD Corps #4

Post by The Harbinger »

Thoughts?

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

great cover! :thumb:

DarqueArcher
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by DarqueArcher »

I think H.A.R.D. Corps as a whole was under-rated

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: Re-Reading HARD Corps #4

Post by magnusr »

Pretty solid story with some minor twists. Still a focus on character. A good read, but not very special.

/Magnus

Torque
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by Torque »

Torque

Issue #4 probably has the Third Best Cover of the H.A.R.D. Corps Series. The cover is by Mike Leeke again and Tom Ryder. The cover shows an Awesome Under-Sea Action Battle Sequence, making the motion of the Spears from the Spear Guns, and inflicted wounds on the enemy soldiers come alive on paper.
This issue is an excellent story built on the plot build-up in issue number three, and the story centers around an Under-Sea mission to destroy Harada’s Cargo being transported by Ship off the coast of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, originating from shipping docks in South Carolina.
The best part of this issue is definitely in the story, where we see a planned out mission from the beginning to end.
Issue #4's name is "ThunderBrawl" as an homage to the Underwater battle that took place in the James Bond Movie "Thunderball" in the year 1963.

I’ve included below some of my random notes from re-reading this issue:

Gunslinger comes from a family of Career Military Men. Gunslinger’s dad, General Palmer now lives in a Veterans Retirement Home in New Mexico, near the H.A.R.D. Corps Operations Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Harada’s Ship’s Captain is of Asian Decent by the name of Captain “Igawa.”

During the H.A.R.D. Corps mission briefing by Seth regarding Harada’s ship they’re planning on attacking, Seth makes reference that the information gathered on the Ship cost lives to retrieve. Is Seth making reference to the Apache Helicopters that tried to attack Harada’s Ship at the beginning of this issue led by a man named Renard? Did Renard work for Omen, and when his team failed, they sent in the H.A.R.D. Corps?

We learn that Harada’s Ship caries Billions of Dollars of Gold Bars, and that the H.A.R.D. Corps explodes the Cargo Hold sending all the Gold Bars to the Bottom of the Ocean off the Coast of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.

We also see a new Harbinger working for Harada on the ship by the name of “Static.” She has the ability to “Block Electronic Transmissions,” thus preventing Electronic Tracking of the Ship by Satellite or sensors, and preventing Softcore from controlling H.A.R.D. Corp Agent Powers. We don't find out if Static survives the explosion on Harada's ship.

H.A.R.D. Corps Director Mr. Heydrich makes reference that the Cartel or Omen’s Parent Companie”S” or Member Companie”S” interests are to see Harad’s Cargo destroyed.
See my review of Issue #1 for Cartel information (Who’s controlling the Strings?).
This makes me wonder if the H.A.R.D Corps were really created to protect the World from Harada, or to Protect the entire Cartel’s Member Companies Financial Interests. This could be why we see the Corporate Wars in the Future.

Overall very enjoyable issue, 4/5.
<br><br>

Crimebuster Deluxe
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Crimebuster Deluxe »

4/5 for me as well.

This issue was a nice mix of #3's character development and #1 and #2's action.