Re-Reading HARD Corps #3

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Score?

No votes
No votes
50%
50%
No votes

Total votes: 4

The Harbinger
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re-Reading HARD Corps #3

Post by The Harbinger »

Thoughts?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: Re-Reading HARD Corps #3

Post by magnusr »

Inbetween issue. We just see their "normal" lives and some training. With an attempt at showing their characters.

/Magnus

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
Re: Re-Reading HARD Corps #3

Post by Elveen »

magnusr wrote:Inbetween issue. We just see their "normal" lives and some training. With an attempt at showing their characters.

/Magnus

I liked this though..... 2 issues of action in #1 & #2..... a nice character development issue.

The Harbinger

Post by The Harbinger »

Pretty much what's been said. This would've been a crappy book if 1 and 2 didn't have so much fighting. Still, there's no way for any comic book to screw up a character development issue like this, so I give it a 4/5 for not going the extra mile, but still being good.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

The Harbinger wrote:I give it a 4/5 for not going the extra mile, but still being good.
Looks like your vote didn't register.

/Magnus

The Harbinger

Post by The Harbinger »

Could've sworn I voted

Thanx :thumb:

Torque
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Character and Plot Develpment Issue no excitement :(

Post by Torque »

Torque

Issue #3 of H.A.R.D. Corps is just a character development and plot development issue. In this issue we she how the expected Mr. Kim as we’ve know him so far is added to the team. We find out Mr. Kim’s full name is “Sam Yoon Kim,” and we find out he’s give the call sign of “Flatline.” We also see the beginning of a plot development for future issues where we find Harada shipping some important cargo, and he’s worried about the H.A.R.D. Corps preventing its delivery.

I’ve included below some of my random notes from re-reading this issue:

Hammer Head (Captain Marion Virgil Peeves) – Runs a Gun/Shooting Range Store called The “Gun Fun” in Denver, Colorado.

Shakespeare (Captain Aaron Brillstein) – Runs a Fancy Restaurant called “Desert Shade” in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Gunslinger (Major Charles Palmer) – Runs “Palmer Air’s Services” out of Phoenix, Arizona

We learn that Superstar’s real name is Ricky Silver

We learn that H.A.R.D. Corps operational headquarters has been moved from the destroyed base in the Nevada Desert to Albuquerque, New Mexico several levels below a Ranch House there.

We meet Seth who appears to be a H.A.R.D. Corps Scientist who trains H.A.R.D. Corps Agents.

We see a new H.A.R.D. Corps Power called “Sunburst.”

We see Harada Speaking to “William,” again that we first saw Harada Speaking to over the speaker box (phone) on Harada’s private plane. Harada is now speaking with William at a Ship Loading Dock in South Carolina, while Harada is Shipping some type of important Cargo. I’m starting to think “William” is some type of reoccurring facility director for the Harbinger Foundation? See my review for H.A.R.D Corps issue #1.

Overall there is no special art work, and no overall excitement in this issue. But never the less having the foresight of have read H.A.R.D. Corps series before, I know this is an important issue for plot development for the future storyline. 3/5
<br><br>

Crimebuster Deluxe
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Crimebuster Deluxe »

I gave this a 3.5 (rounded up to four) for the Jolt Cola reference if nothing else.