Re-Reading HARD Corps #2

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Score?

No votes
No votes
No votes
80%
20%

Total votes: 5

The Harbinger
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re-Reading HARD Corps #2

Post by The Harbinger »

Thoughts?

The Harbinger

Post by The Harbinger »

5/5

I consider this comic a true Valiant story, and if that's not reason enough, the cover is probably one of the coolest comic covers ever printed

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Bye bye Big Boy! :twisted:

(but I do think that they offed him too soon.... what if it would have blown his eyes out.... and not killed him. :hm: )

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

"Nice" conclusion to the first issue. Not as high tempo, more explaining in this issue, but enough action. Getting to know the characters. Just felt weird that the helicopters were taken down so easily (could be the anti-aircraft soldier in me speaking).

/Magnus

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

book show great potential...awesome upside... :thumb:

Torque
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Good Art but Discrepancies

Post by Torque »

Torque

If it wasn’t for the Art Work in this issue #2 I would have given it a 3/5, but instead I gave it a 4/5. The splash pages on pages 2&3 Penciled by Mike Leeke was excellent showing an action sequence between H.A.R.D. Corp Implant Soldiers along with H.A.R.D. Corp Company Security Teams fighting against Harbinger Foundation Regular Troops. I was kind of disappointed that I didn’t see the Eggbreakers Rock and Swallow that we saw charging in at the end of issue #1 in any of the action of issue #2, they must have forgot Rock and Swallow were there in #1, whatever.
Also page one’s opening Dialogue between Superstar, Hammerhead, and Shakespeare, doesn’t seem to be the kind of Dialogue you’d be having when an armed assault is going on.

I’ve included below some of my random notes from re-reading this issue:

Page 6 we see the first reference to Omen Enterprise in this series.

Superstar mentions for the first time he was previously an actor in the movies and did his own stunts.

Mission in issue #1; Capture Data Disk from Harbinger Data Complex in North Georgia, we find out in this issue #2 that on the Data Disk there was supposedly suppose to have been information on the rarest of the Harbinger abilities called the “Omega Power.”

We find out that when any of the H.A.R.D. Corps Implant Soldiers aren’t on any sanctioned mission, they’re locked in by default to “Invulnerability” mode power.

We find out that Omen Enterprise’s Corporate Center is located in Northern California along the coast.

We learn that “Shield Mode” power is assigned number 12. See my review to issue #1 for other powers revealed in that issue and their assigned numbers revealed to that point.

Mr. Kim is still located in a Privately Owned Medial Facility in New York going through physical and mental therapy to adapt to his new implants that provide him with his Harbinger Powers, and allows him to function outside of his Comma.

It didn’t make sense that when the team is drinking beers and gets drunk during Maniac’s Wake at Omen Enterprise’s corporate center in Northern California, that they’re then able to fly cross country all the way back to Northern Georgia to look for Maniac’s body, and still be drunk when they get off the Omen Ent’s Chopper. It’s at least a 4 hour flight by plane, but many more hour flight by Chopper, and they’re still drunk! Don’t make sense. Plus the whole flight by Chopper to Northern Georgia and staff at Omen Enterprises doesn’t know their Billion Dollar investments are missing! This portion is bad writing, and the weakest part of the whole story for me.

Great art work like with Shakespeare killing Big Boy at the end, or Page 9 of Harbinger regular troops blowing down one of the walls to the H.A.R.D. Corps facility and shooting H.A.R.D. Corps Company Security Team members who were destroying sensitive company material to keep them out of the hands of the Harbinger Foundation. The detail of the bullets entering and exiting their bodies is great detail. This type of art saved the issue for me from getting a lower rating.
<br><br>

Crimebuster Deluxe
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Crimebuster Deluxe »

This issue continues the quality from the first issue. (4 out of 5)