ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Sep 16, 2019 2:13:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:12:47 am 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41:32 pm
Posts: 4141
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Okay, so I've been buying up issues for some time trying to get up a decent reading set and I think I finally have it complete enough to where I can start reading them all. So I guess I'll do it in the order they were published, or does someone know a better way?


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:42:20 am 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 19159
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:12:52 am 
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:38:45 am
Posts: 7105
Location: In front of my xbox 360
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Yeah same here. Reading Solar A&O and Magnus Steel Nation in one sitting is really the best. Same with Harby etc. :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:21:12 am 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37993
etos45 wrote:
Okay, so I've been buying up issues for some time trying to get up a decent reading set and I think I finally have it complete enough to where I can start reading them all. So I guess I'll do it in the order they were published, or does someone know a better way?



Here is an old thread that contains a chronological list on reading the books.

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1161#1161


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:50:42 am 
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:27:50 am
Posts: 7404
Location: The Naptown is down yo.
cobra_commander wrote:
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Yeah same here. Reading Solar A&O and Magnus Steel Nation in one sitting is really the best. Same with Harby etc. :thumb:


I actually prefer Mota's list.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:52:22 am 
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:38:45 am
Posts: 7105
Location: In front of my xbox 360
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Yeah same here. Reading Solar A&O and Magnus Steel Nation in one sitting is really the best. Same with Harby etc. :thumb:


I actually prefer Mota's list.


What is going on with you today? Thats the SECOND time in one day YOU have agreed with him. :lol:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:54:22 am 
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:27:50 am
Posts: 7404
Location: The Naptown is down yo.
cobra_commander wrote:
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Yeah same here. Reading Solar A&O and Magnus Steel Nation in one sitting is really the best. Same with Harby etc. :thumb:


I actually prefer Mota's list.


What is going on with you today? Thats the SECOND time in one day YOU have agreed with him. :lol:


:oops: I can't help it. He's being sane today.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:37:11 am 
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09:11 am
Posts: 20317
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Yeah same here. Reading Solar A&O and Magnus Steel Nation in one sitting is really the best. Same with Harby etc. :thumb:


I actually prefer Mota's list.


What is going on with you today? Thats the SECOND time in one day YOU have agreed with him. :lol:


:oops: I can't help it. He's being sane today.

Oh, I have got to see this.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:40:53 am 
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:27:50 am
Posts: 7404
Location: The Naptown is down yo.
Chiclo wrote:
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Yeah same here. Reading Solar A&O and Magnus Steel Nation in one sitting is really the best. Same with Harby etc. :thumb:


I actually prefer Mota's list.


What is going on with you today? Thats the SECOND time in one day YOU have agreed with him. :lol:


:oops: I can't help it. He's being sane today.

Oh, I have got to see this.


:lol:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:41:09 am 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37993
Chiclo wrote:
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Yeah same here. Reading Solar A&O and Magnus Steel Nation in one sitting is really the best. Same with Harby etc. :thumb:


I actually prefer Mota's list.


What is going on with you today? Thats the SECOND time in one day YOU have agreed with him. :lol:


:oops: I can't help it. He's being sane today.

Oh, I have got to see this.


He has his moments...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:25:53 pm 
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44:48 am
Posts: 25246
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:07:34 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41:32 pm
Posts: 4141
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Daniel Jackson wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Okay, so I've been buying up issues for some time trying to get up a decent reading set and I think I finally have it complete enough to where I can start reading them all. So I guess I'll do it in the order they were published, or does someone know a better way?



Here is an old thread that contains a chronological list on reading the books.

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1161#1161


Yeah, I was debating the chronological order too... maybe that would be the better way. I just thought reading it in the order it was published would help keep some of the surprises fresh... if that makes any sense.

I would do on title at a time if it wasn't for the fact that some of them crossover.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:41:42 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37993
etos45 wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Okay, so I've been buying up issues for some time trying to get up a decent reading set and I think I finally have it complete enough to where I can start reading them all. So I guess I'll do it in the order they were published, or does someone know a better way?



Here is an old thread that contains a chronological list on reading the books.

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1161#1161


Yeah, I was debating the chronological order too... maybe that would be the better way. I just thought reading it in the order it was published would help keep some of the surprises fresh... if that makes any sense.

I would do on title at a time if it wasn't for the fact that some of them crossover.


Personally, I like to read them as they came out. It's up to you though, either way will get you to the same place.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:57:27 pm 
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:38:45 am
Posts: 7105
Location: In front of my xbox 360
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Yeah same here. Reading Solar A&O and Magnus Steel Nation in one sitting is really the best. Same with Harby etc. :thumb:


I actually prefer Mota's list.


What is going on with you today? Thats the SECOND time in one day YOU have agreed with him. :lol:


:oops: I can't help it. He's being sane today.


I just realised. You finished ONE post ahead of me after I logged off? :lol:

Dude, if that was deliberate you need to get some help :lol:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:01:23 am 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41:32 pm
Posts: 4141
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Daniel Jackson wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Okay, so I've been buying up issues for some time trying to get up a decent reading set and I think I finally have it complete enough to where I can start reading them all. So I guess I'll do it in the order they were published, or does someone know a better way?



Here is an old thread that contains a chronological list on reading the books.

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1161#1161


Yeah, I was debating the chronological order too... maybe that would be the better way. I just thought reading it in the order it was published would help keep some of the surprises fresh... if that makes any sense.

I would do on title at a time if it wasn't for the fact that some of them crossover.


Personally, I like to read them as they came out. It's up to you though, either way will get you to the same place.


That's right... BIRTHQUAKE!!! I'm so excited to read what I've heard was the true epic of Valiant's time.... :P


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:55:48 am 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37993
etos45 wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Okay, so I've been buying up issues for some time trying to get up a decent reading set and I think I finally have it complete enough to where I can start reading them all. So I guess I'll do it in the order they were published, or does someone know a better way?



Here is an old thread that contains a chronological list on reading the books.

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1161#1161


Yeah, I was debating the chronological order too... maybe that would be the better way. I just thought reading it in the order it was published would help keep some of the surprises fresh... if that makes any sense.

I would do on title at a time if it wasn't for the fact that some of them crossover.


Personally, I like to read them as they came out. It's up to you though, either way will get you to the same place.


That's right... BIRTHQUAKE!!! I'm so excited to read what I've heard was the true epic of Valiant's time.... :P


Just remember to keep that sense of humor when you get to those later issues...you'll be needing it.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:23:40 am 
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:27:50 am
Posts: 7404
Location: The Naptown is down yo.
cobra_commander wrote:
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
Zero wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
depluto wrote:
My preference is to read them a title at a time, starting with the classics.


Yeah same here. Reading Solar A&O and Magnus Steel Nation in one sitting is really the best. Same with Harby etc. :thumb:


I actually prefer Mota's list.


What is going on with you today? Thats the SECOND time in one day YOU have agreed with him. :lol:


:oops: I can't help it. He's being sane today.


I just realised. You finished ONE post ahead of me after I logged off? :lol:

Dude, if that was deliberate you need to get some help :lol:


Nope, it wasn't deliberate. I just finished typing everything I wanted to type. :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group