VALIANT Release Order by Week

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

Start Simple with 1991. Will add to this later. Release dates are from Mike's Amazing World.

-

March
March 15
Magnus Robot Fighter #1

April
April 19
Magnus Robot Figher #2

May
May 17
Magnus Robot Fighter #3

June
June 21
Magnus Robot Fighter #4
Solar, Man of the Atom #1

July
July 19
Magnus Robot Fighter #5
Solar, Man of the Atom #2

August
August 16
Magnus Robot Fighter #6
Solar, Man of the Atom #3

September
September 20
Magnus Robot Fighter #7
Solar, Man of the Atom #4

October
October 4
Harbinger #1

October 18
Magnus Robot Fighter #8
Solar, Man of the Atom #5

November
November 1
X-O Manowar #1

November 8
Harbinger #2

November 15
Solar, Man of the Atom #6

November 22
Magnus Robot Fighter #9

December
December 6
X-O Manowar #2

December 13
Harbinger #3
Rai #1

December 20
Solar, Man of the Atom #7

December 27
Magnus Robot Fighter #10

-

Wow, what a year! Such a concentration of high quality books. With the release of X-O #1 in November they were able to have a book coming out every week. 1992 will be interesting to see as the line explodes.
-

Cheat Sheet

Magnus 1
Magnus 2
Magnus 3
Magnus 4
Solar 1
Magnus 5
Solar 2
Magnus 6
Solar 3
Magnus 7
Solar 4
Harbinger 1
Magnus 8
Solar 5
X-O 1
Harbinger 2
Solar 6
Magnus 9
X-O 2
Harbinger 3
Rai 1
Solar 7
Magnus 10

-

January
January 7
Magnus Robot Fighter #11

January 14
Harbinger #4
Rai #2

January 28
Solar, Man of the Atom #8
X-O Manowar #3

February
February 18
Harbinger #5
Rai #3
Shadowman #1

February 25
Magnus Robot Fighter #12
Solar, Man of the Atom #9
X-O Manowar #5

March
March 17
Magnus Robot Fighter #13
Harbinger #6
Rai #4

March 24
Solar, Man of the Atom #10
Shadowman #2
X-O Manowar #5

April
April
Magnus Robot Fighter #0 (Send-away)

April 10
Archer & Armstrong #0

April 14
Harbinger #7
Rai #5
Unity #0 (Unity Saga #1)
X-O Manowar #6

April 21
Solar, Man of the Atom #11
Shadowman #3

April 28
Magnus Robot Fighter #14

May
May
Harbinger #0 (Send-away)

May 12
Archer & Armstrong #1 (Unity Saga #3)
Harbinger #8 (Unity Saga #8)
Rai #6 (Unity Saga #7)

May 19
Eternal Warrior #1 (Unity Saga #2)
Magnus Robot Fighter #15 (Unity Saga #4)
X-O Manowar #7 (Unity Saga #5)

May 26
Solar, Man of the Atom #12 (Unity Saga #9)
Shadowman #4 (Unity Saga #6)

June
June 9
Archer & Armstrong #2 (Unity Saga #11)
Magnus Robot Fighter #16 (Unity Saga #12)

June 16
X-O Manowar #8 (Unity Saga #13)

June 23
Eternal Warrior #2 (Unity Saga #10)
Harbinger #9(Unity Saga #16)
Rai #7 (Unity Saga #15)
Shadowman #5 (Unity Saga #14)
Solar, Man of the Atom #13 (Unity Saga #17)

July
July 28
Unity #1 (Unity Saga #18)
Last edited by Ryan on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:30:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: VALIANT Release Order by Week

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Nice.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:05:12 pmNice.
Yeah it's really fun to read them in this order and with the context of when they came out. You can see the building of the universe in real-time.

It was a slow build, which can be harder to appreciate reading them out of order without the context.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:20:32 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:05:12 pmNice.
Yeah it's really fun to read them in this order and with the context of when they came out. You can see the building of the universe in real-time.

It was a slow build, which can be harder to appreciate reading them out of order without the context.
Sure.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

Hey!! Looking good!! I noticed on Mike's Amazing World of Comics where it shows release dates, in 1991 the release days were Fridays, then in 92 it moved to Tuesdays..although I'm unsure the reason. My LCBS had new books on Wednesdays but maybe they arrived on Tuesdays? Not sure.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Are you checking for continuity as well? Waitaminute.. did you, or someone else, create a continuity correct reading list? That may be used for making sure that is kept in the best reading order as well.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

IanAlexavier wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:21:29 pm Hey!! Looking good!! I noticed on Mike's Amazing World of Comics where it shows release dates, in 1991 the release days were Fridays, then in 92 it moved to Tuesdays..although I'm unsure the reason. My LCBS had new books on Wednesdays but maybe they arrived on Tuesdays? Not sure.
I noticed that too. I know when I got comics in the early 90's, the day for us was Thursday. I think that's what it was for most of the US at the time. Then it switched to Wednesdays, don't remember exactly when that was.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

IanAlexavier wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:29:09 pm Are you checking for continuity as well? Waitaminute.. did you, or someone else, create a continuity correct reading list? That may be used for making sure that is kept in the best reading order as well.
No, I'm going strictly by the date given on Mike's. Maybe someone has that info? I would need to do a read through to see. There would probably be some cases where the continuity reads better in a specific order.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Ryan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:52:06 pm
IanAlexavier wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:29:09 pm Are you checking for continuity as well? Waitaminute.. did you, or someone else, create a continuity correct reading list? That may be used for making sure that is kept in the best reading order as well.
No, I'm going strictly by the date given on Mike's. Maybe someone has that info? I would need to do a read through to see. There would probably be some cases where the continuity reads better in a specific order.
This is what I was thinking as well. At least the weekly schedule would get us a bit closer.. then we could read the different issues to see IF they need to be in a specific order.. then maybe come up with an ordering system.?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

IanAlexavier wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:02:56 pm
This is what I was thinking as well. At least the weekly schedule would get us a bit closer.. then we could read the different issues to see IF they need to be in a specific order.. then maybe come up with an ordering system.?
Definitely. Won't be too hard up through Unity. Magnus 0-4 then alternate Magnus and Solar. Then just have to make sure Harbinger, X-O, Solar, and Shadowman crossovers and overlapping events are put in the correct order.

Post-Unity with the immortals and Bloodshot Turok Ninjak Secret Weapons Hard Corps starts to get a bit more complicated haha.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Ryan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:31:47 pm
IanAlexavier wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:02:56 pm
Definitely. Won't be too hard up through Unity. Magnus 0-4 then alternate Magnus and Solar. Then just have to make sure Harbinger, X-O, Solar, and Shadowman crossovers and overlapping events are put in the correct order.

Post-Unity with the immortals and Bloodshot Turok Ninjak Secret Weapons Hard Corps starts to get a bit more complicated haha.
I wonder if the dates in the books could help? Maybe as we read through we could put the start and end date in a data base?