Turok: The Bleeding Fossils

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Cg1991
Working on the first full appearance of me
Turok: The Bleeding Fossils

Post by Cg1991 »

So, I'm making this as a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a copy of the online only story "Turok: The Bleeding Fossils".

It would have appeared on the Turok website during the Acclaim era (the story cannot be found with the Wayback Machine).

The only mention of it online is a conversation between two people on this site years ago - one who was banned and the other is no longer active.

It was written by Fabian Nicieza and Jeff Gomez, both of which confirmed to me it did exist but neither have a copy of it.

This is basically my white whale at this point.

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa
Re: Turok: The Bleeding Fossils

Post by sonicdan »

I don't have it saved but I remember the online comic you're talking about. I have this splash page original art that I believe was used for it.
https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypie ... ece=192841

Dan
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Cg1991 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:43:38 pm It would have appeared on the Turok website during the Acclaim era (the story cannot be found with the Wayback Machine).
It is not on my copy of the web site either. Here is the conversation that you mention:
http://valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1&start=25

/Magnus
Last edited by magnusr on Wed May 12, 2021 12:51:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

sonicdan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:50:43 pm I don't have it saved but I remember the online comic you're talking about. I have this splash page original art that I believe was used for it.

Dan
That is page 7 of a prequal story on the web site. Cool page.

/Magnus

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

yes i remember.. i would periodically check the acclaim site, which had content all the way up until 2002.. i think thats when they lost the 10 year gold key license and the website shut down.. I read that story a few times, I always figured someone saved it in some form.
Right before they shut the site down, they commissioned a drawing that featured all the valiant characters including the GK ones, (it was such an awesome image, I always hoped someone saved that as well), with some blurb like.. acclaim comics still here!..haha
I think this was before the Turok: evolution book, not sure though.. i remember being the 1st one that posted about that book since it was the 1st Acclaim comic since Unity 2000, or whatever the last book was from VH3..
Im not sure the timing

Yes dan, that page was in the story I remember that specifically as one of the reasons I hoped it was saved

Cg1991

Post by Cg1991 »

sonicdan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:50:43 pm I don't have it saved but I remember the online comic you're talking about. I have this splash page original art that I believe was used for it.

Dan
Hey, appreciate the reply thank you! This is the prequel to T2 comic I believe. I have all the published pages saved, but this isn't the the story sadly.

Cg1991

Post by Cg1991 »

magnusr wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:44:42 am
Cg1991 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:43:38 pm It would have appeared on the Turok website during the Acclaim era (the story cannot be found with the Wayback Machine).
It is not on my copy of the web site either. Here is the conversation that you mention:
http://valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1&start=25

/Magnus

Sadly the only trace of its existence. I've reached out to both people who had the back and forward about it but neither got back to me :/

Cg1991

Post by Cg1991 »

valiantdude wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:41:01 am yes i remember.. i would periodically check the acclaim site, which had content all the way up until 2002.. i think thats when they lost the 10 year gold key license and the website shut down.. I read that story a few times, I always figured someone saved it in some form.
Right before they shut the site down, they commissioned a drawing that featured all the valiant characters including the GK ones, (it was such an awesome image, I always hoped someone saved that as well), with some blurb like.. acclaim comics still here!..haha
I think this was before the Turok: evolution book, not sure though.. i remember being the 1st one that posted about that book since it was the 1st Acclaim comic since Unity 2000, or whatever the last book was from VH3..
Im not sure the timing

Yes dan, that page was in the story I remember that specifically as one of the reasons I hoped it was saved
So the page was from the T2 prequel comic I believe and I think I have all the published pages of it.

Sadly not the Bleeding Fossils story though

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

It doesn't really sound like another online comic like the one advertised as "Evil Takes Root" and that guy, justin, called it a "Novel" in the other thread.

The Turok Fandom has everything listed (incl. short from the N64 booklet, the "From Evil Roots" novella and the YA novels) but "Bleeding Fossils".

Likely it was never officially published; at least not online.

Cg1991

Post by Cg1991 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:54:34 pm It doesn't really sound like another online comic like the one advertised as "Evil Takes Root" and that guy, justin, called it a "Novel" in the other thread.

The Turok Fandom has everything listed (incl. short from the N64 booklet, the "From Evil Roots" novella and the YA novels) but "Bleeding Fossils".

Likely it was never officially published; at least not online.
I've since found out a little more about it.

It was indeed a novel - planned to be the first in a series (like a season 2 of the young adult novels).

However, no luck with it yet