Turok (2019)

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Turok (2019)

Post by dornwolf »

So I guess Dynamites gonna try again, again, again(?) with Turok

https://www.newsarama.com/42088-turok-r ... -2019.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wonder how many kicks at this particular can they're gonna try.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
Re: Turok (2019)

Post by myron »

facepalm
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Another origin story....

Comic fans don’t always need to start with an origin story.

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Sounds good. I will be getting this the covers look good to.
I Miss the good old days.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

At least they're finally realizing they need to make it more like the original, the last 2 reboots were laughably bad and seemed to have little to do with Turok.

However with this being Dynamite and with a boring writer like Ron Marz I give it a .01% chance of being good.

I assume they have to put something out in order to keep the licenses active. This is the 4th or 5th version of Turok they've put out right? (counting the ones from Soveriegns and Gold Key alliance). What a mess facepalm

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Ryan wrote:At least they're finally realizing they need to make it more like the original, the last 2 reboots were laughably bad and seemed to have little to do with Turok.

However with this being Dynamite (sucks!) and with a boring writer like Ron Marz I give it a .01% chance of being good.

I assume they have to put something out in order to keep the licenses active. This is the 4th or 5th version of Turok they've put out right? (counting the ones from Soveriegns and Gold Key alliance). What a mess facepalm
I only got the first series and Hated it. Im not expecting much from dynamite sucks. Probably a 1 good issue then not stick the landings on each story. Series one with robin hood and knights and crap. I think overall one good issue.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

nonplayer wrote:
I only got the first series and Hated it. Im not expecting much from Dynamite (sucks!) sucks. Probably a 1 good issue then not stick the landings on each story. Series one with robin hood and knights and crap. I think overall one good issue.
Yeah I will probably check out issue 1 out of morbid curiosity and just because I love the character, but knowing Dynamite my expectations will be very low.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Wow, that was bland.

I will give it credit for being the first Dynamite Turok to actually somewhat resemble the original. But the characters were painfully cliche and generic. It seemed like the most boring and straightforward way possible to interpret the Turok story.

I'm out. I didn't expect much more, but it's still disappointing to see. Every time one of these characters is relaunched in a mediocre way by people who don't seem to get what makes them good, it makes it harder for them ever to succeed in the future. I feel like the same thing is starting to happen with the Valiant characters too.

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Being a collector of Turok comics other than the previous dynamite sucks series.
I found this comic ok not great. It has decent art turok looks good some panels expressionless. Andar looks feminine. The way they got in the lost land was lame. But whe ever. Two things bugged me on panel andar and turok running then the next panel riding away on a horse.
Another was the guys exclaiming qe will come back an burry them. To me it felt set up and kinda lame. The last splash page was stunning.
All in all. 4 out of five.
If get valiant YouTube credits books like bloodshot r s 1 and metor mcguffin xo issue as great books and "really on their stride". Turok by dinomite sucks is the most amazing comic ever (by their standards)

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

nonplayer wrote:Being a collector of Turok comics other than the previous Dynamite (sucks!) sucks series.
I found this comic ok not great. It has decent art turok looks good some panels expressionless. Andar looks feminine. The way they got in the lost land was lame. But whe ever. Two things bugged me on panel andar and turok running then the next panel riding away on a horse.
Another was the guys exclaiming qe will come back an burry them. To me it felt set up and kinda lame. The last splash page was stunning.
All in all. 4 out of five.
If get valiant YouTube credits books like bloodshot r s 1 and metor mcguffin xo issue as great books and "really on their stride". Turok by dinomite sucks is the most amazing comic ever (by their standards)
I agree that the 2 page splash at the end was great, the type of money shot every Turok 1 should have. It was everything leading up to it that was boring. I didn't notice the horse mistake :lol: