Turok #12: Final Issue Discussion

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Captain Craig
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar/Shadowman
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: tough one
Turok #12: Final Issue Discussion

Post by Captain Craig »

For a final issue that left much to be desired. As the closing of an arc I can kinda go with it even if the last panel is still odd. I still feel like I'm missing a page.

So Turok and his Merry Men take down the evil Sheriff, free the peasants from tyrannical rule as a flying pterodactyl actually does in the Sheriff as Marion eats an apple. That means the book ends with Turok still in England, wouldn't have thought that's how it would go. Makes me think that this was a kind of intermission but no that's the end.

Whose going to pick up the "Team" book that comes out next...if it comes out. I've not really heard anything on it in some time.

Magnus ends next month and then Solar after that.

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)
Re: Turok #12: Final Issue Discussion

Post by jeremycoe »

Captain Craig wrote:For a final issue that left much to be desired. As the closing of an arc I can kinda go with it even if the last panel is still odd. I still feel like I'm missing a page.

So Turok and his Merry Men take down the evil Sheriff, free the peasants from tyrannical rule as a flying pterodactyl actually does in the Sheriff as Marion eats an apple. That means the book ends with Turok still in England, wouldn't have thought that's how it would go. Makes me think that this was a kind of intermission but no that's the end.

Whose going to pick up the "Team" book that comes out next...if it comes out. I've not really heard anything on it in some time.

Magnus ends next month and then Solar after that.
I think they're going to wait for Solar to be finished before they announce what's next. Early next year maybe :wink:
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Aomalle27
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 90s
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: XOmanowar
Favorite writer: ?

Post by Aomalle27 »

Is it just me or was the art highly uneven. First few pages had alot of character flair whereas the battle in the firest looked like a grade school drawing. Must have had at leadt two different artists. Really sad to look at. and ghe story was just rubbish. Hoping the rumors are true, and GK is returning to Valiant.

Magnus9178
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Favorite character: Turok
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Ron Marz

Post by Magnus9178 »

In the end this was surprisingly a terrible story. I feel like Pak either was not able to finish where he was going with his plans for the story or said F it when they decided to end it at issue 12 and put no effort into finishing. All in all, this is NOT Turok and definitely was not a dinosaur hunter... I'm so disappointed in this, but now that it's done I hope that they choose to let the rights go and someone who can do it right takes over...

I hate that I hated this so much, I do truly love Turok. I'll probably keep buying whatever incarnation of the character we see come out and just hope it gets better from here. But if you want to give us a Turok story then don't get rid of the dinosaurs, and definitely don't turn him into some weird hybrid of Pocahontas and Robin hood and still call it Turok.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Magnus9178 wrote:In the end this was surprisingly a terrible story. I feel like Pak either was not able to finish where he was going with his plans for the story or said F it
Ooops. Thought you were talking about Eternal Warrior there for a minute. :P :hm:
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

In my eyes There was only one decent issue. The rest was carp! I really hope the give up on all of the titles. Dynamite sucks Giant t Rex balls
I Miss the good old days.