Magnus #2

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Aomalle27
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 90s
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: XOmanowar
Favorite writer: ?
Magnus #2

Post by Aomalle27 »

Just finished Magnus #2, and it keeps the story flowing. Interesting little bonus that we now know Magnus can not only see through robot deception but can " read their minds" Ala pick up and understand their communique transmissions. This book is so much better than Turok. Hoping Solar is a good read next week

mateo107
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Obadiah Archer
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Doug Braithwaite
Re: Magnus #2

Post by mateo107 »

I'm still not happy with the premise, and especially Leeja's new role, although I do acknowledge that the scenario is just the worst case scenario that the Gold Key Magnus always feared. I did appreciate seeing a familiar villain, H8, who although his personality has been changed dramatically, his appearance was still recognizable. I always thought Magnus had some great villains and I hope to see more of them. other things like the weather control in the first issue are nice updates of the 60's Magnus and would like to see more of that. still not great, but still more tolerable than Turok.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

after actually reading #2 its not bad. It sets up villains and explores Magnus and how his powers work. A fast improvement to Turok. The only hitch, he can read the robots "minds" but the way it's presented while explained is confusing afterwards.

Aomalle27
Valiant fan since: 90s
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: XOmanowar
Favorite writer: ?

Post by Aomalle27 »

The " transmission reading" was initially confusing to me as well; however, I think that sets up for a reveal that Magnus, while human, wasn't born, but rather created ala eugenics or something, by A1, let's be realistic, martial arts can be taught, but deciphering radio transmissions in ones head cannot. Why else for the false reality that A1 created for Russell. I'm liking the new take on Leeja as well.

Big Red
Valiant fan since: Before the Anni-Padda...
Favorite character: Divinity, X-O, & Bloodshot
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by Big Red »

I'm enjoying this book.
Favorite books: Black Hammer, Bloodshot, Divinity, Justice League Dark, Marvel Two-In-One, Thor.

Baramos
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Baramos »

Aomalle27 wrote:The " transmission reading" was initially confusing to me as well; however, I think that sets up for a reveal that Magnus, while human, wasn't born, but rather created ala eugenics or something, by A1, let's be realistic, martial arts can be taught, but deciphering radio transmissions in ones head cannot. Why else for the false reality that A1 created for Russell. I'm liking the new take on Leeja as well.
Maybe he's a man-machine hybrid. That's how he'll bring man and machine together in harmony--by being a Cylon.

abaddon
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: Shadowman (Vol.1) #1
Favorite character: Master Darque
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by abaddon »

Baramos wrote:
Aomalle27 wrote:The " transmission reading" was initially confusing to me as well; however, I think that sets up for a reveal that Magnus, while human, wasn't born, but rather created ala eugenics or something, by A1, let's be realistic, martial arts can be taught, but deciphering radio transmissions in ones head cannot. Why else for the false reality that A1 created for Russell. I'm liking the new take on Leeja as well.
Maybe he's a man-machine hybrid. That's how he'll bring man and machine together in harmony--by being a Cylon.

OoOoOoOoh! A Magnus/Battlestar Galactica crossover?

Hey, they're both Dynamite! ;)