Turok #3

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Turok #3

Post by dornwolf »

I've stated several times that I've been willing to back Dynamite on the Gold Key Characters, not so much defend them but support them. I like Greg Pak and enjoy the art on the book. That all said...

I have no idea whats going on

Seriously, no idea. Plus I hate everyone. Not one character is redeeming or intelligent. Why on Earth would Andar think Turok would be all chummy after he I don't know threatned to kill him. I was hoping to support these books but as of now I'm out on Turok.

Moots
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Re: Turok #3

Post by Moots »

After reading Dynamite's Magnus #1 I was really dissapointed, I didn't really expect much but that comic was just bad. After reading it I just felt confused, there is nothing wrong with a litle bit of mystery, but they just left me thinking ''what the hell just happend?''. I know that it is Dynamite's style to completely change a comic, but this just felt so out of place for me. I want to read the Turok reboot too but I am afraid that i will very quickly regret my decision...

//Lucas

Dr Noel
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: magnus
Favorite title: magnus/harbinger
Favorite writer: shooter

Post by Dr Noel »

I dropped Turok after issue 2. It was just horrible. You read that comic and just wish the dinosaurs would win.

I thought Magnus was intriguing enough to warrant me picking up the next one. We'll see....

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bygranddesign »

Dr Noel wrote:I dropped Turok after issue 2. It was just horrible. You read that comic and just wish the dinosaurs would win.

I thought Magnus was intriguing enough to warrant me picking up the next one. We'll see....
i agree

I dropped Turok after the 2nd issue

and although I was also confused by the 1st issue of Magnus thats not necessarily a bad thing. It was interesting set up and i'm willing to pick up the 2nd issue to see where it goes from here .. but its near the chopping block if it doesn't deliver the goods in the next issue it will be gone from my pull list..
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

Aomalle27
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 90s
Favorite title: XOmanowar
Favorite writer: ?

Post by Aomalle27 »

What a hot steaming pile of SQUEE. Hoping 2nd arc jumps time or something, cause this book stinks right now. Magnus I enjoyed, so I'll be sticking with that awhile. Never was a huge fan of Solar, but with the crew they have on the book, I'll give it a try

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Seems everyone is feeling the same. Magnus while confusing has only just started so worth investing a little more. But Turok, I've read that they want to create a shared universe but with the way they are doing Turok this ain't going to fly as a shared verse.

mateo107
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Obadiah Archer
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Doug Braithwaite

Post by mateo107 »

is it just me or does it seem Greg Pak tries to turn every character he touches into the same out-of-character, anti-religious, naturalist caricature? I never get the sense that he's writing Turok or Eternal Warrior, but that he's trying to turn both of them into another character altogether.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

mateo107 wrote:is it just me or does it seem Greg Pak tries to turn every character he touches into the same out-of-character, anti-religious, naturalist caricature? I never get the sense that he's writing Turok or Eternal Warrior, but that he's trying to turn both of them into another character altogether.
I've noticed his Turok and Eternal Warrior hasn't been his best which surprises me as I feek Pak is one of the strongest and yet most unrated writing talents. His EW for example doesn't sink with Kindt and FLVs at all