SOLAR, DARK HORSE, SHOOTER: WHAT IS HAPPENING?

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS
Re: SOLAR, DARK HORSE, SHOOTER: WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but in this interview (http://multiversitycomics.com/podcasts/ ... joe-casey/) with Joe Casey about Catalyst Comics he mentions that he initial went to Dark Horse about some other properties they had and it didn't work out but led to him doing Catalyst Comics. Got me thinking I wonder if Casey was interested in the Gold Key properties? :hm: I'd love to see what he would do with those characters.
Multum In Parvo

ncameron
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 92 ish
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Q & W "clang"
Favorite writer: VH1: Shooter

Post by ncameron »

I would by a Joe Casey MRF book immediately.

The Dirt Gang

Post by The Dirt Gang »

ncameron wrote:I would by a Joe Casey MRF book immediately.
+1
Multum In Parvo

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

The Dirt Gang wrote:Not sure if this is the best place to post this but in this interview (http://multiversitycomics.com/podcasts/ ... joe-casey/) with Joe Casey about Catalyst Comics he mentions that he initial went to Dark Horse about some other properties they had and it didn't work out but led to him doing Catalyst Comics. Got me thinking I wonder if Casey was interested in the Gold Key properties? :hm: I'd love to see what he would do with those characters.
Interesting. :hm:
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by vikingspawn »

Maybe their "Project Black Sky" event has something to do with those black time storm vortexes from Turok and Solar:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=47610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:hm:

The Dirt Gang

Post by The Dirt Gang »

vikingspawn wrote:Maybe their "Project Black Sky" event has something to do with those black time storm vortexes from Turok and Solar:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=47610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are the black time storm vortexes something from the Dark Key run?
Multum In Parvo

vikingspawn

Post by vikingspawn »

The Dirt Gang wrote:
vikingspawn wrote:Maybe their "Project Black Sky" event has something to do with those black time storm vortexes from Turok and Solar:

Are the black time storm vortexes something from the Dark Key run?
It appeared in Turok and also Solar:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/Previews/20-607?page=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thedinosaur
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Turok
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by Thedinosaur »

Dynamite now has Turok, Solar, and Magnus. Turok starts in March.

bamaphilosopher
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1, 1991
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart, Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Lupacchino, BWS, Lapham

Post by bamaphilosopher »

ErikG wrote:Thanks, guys. So DHC still has the licence. >Sigh< Well, never say never indeed. To wrunow: Yes, I agree. VE is certainly doing fine without Solar, Turok, and Magnus. I love this reboot! But, dammit, I miss the misguided presence out there of the (early) Solar. I have no idea what VE would do with Magnus or Turok if they got them. Magnus might be necessary for the reintroduction of the Rai we once knew, but as this is a reboot Rai can be tweaked into something new. On his own, Magnus doesn't seem to have anywhere to go. I didn't care for the Acclaim version. The DHC comic, true enough to the Gold Key version, seemed little more than a rehash and a boring one at that. Turok was good, but if (which might be possible, as someone mentioned elsewhere) Joshua Fireseed returns to Valiant, what does one do with him? For that matter, does VE own the Lost Land, or is that a Gold Key property?

And please -- anyone out there know what happened in the Shooter lawsuit? Or is that subject a no-no here?
I just found out about it, scoured the web doing research, and found that, according to Bleeding Cool, Valiant dropped the lawsuit as of January, 2010. So, I added a notation and citation about that to Wikipedia, since the article there just said that there was a lawsuit. (If you want to look at the Bleeding Cool article, just go to the Wikipedia article on Jim Shooter - I put it at the end of his 1993 to present section).

I think it's good VEI dropped it - I don't think it looked good for VEI to be suing Shooter. Nothing good could come of that...in fact, if I had known that at the time, I might not have given VEI a chance, and that would have been most unfortunate.
For my Valiant: Kindle Worlds stories, check out my amazon author central page, http://www.amazon.com/Richmond-West/e/B ... 204&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sort by price low to high, and the Valiant Kindle Worlds stories will pop to the top. :)