Dark Horse Gold Key Release Dates

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

Second_Death wrote:Doctor Solar #7 does appear to be on it's way. :thumb:
Man, that's awesome! :)

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

I hope DH does right and collects these things in full volumes and if anything is left "hanging" that they add something that wraps it up. That would be a nice bonus for the fans.

yardstick
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by yardstick »

My understanding is still that Magnus, Turok and Samson will go to 4 issues each and Solar will go to 8 before the hiatus begins.

If what I read is correct, there will be one more issue of Turok (somewhere between August and October, I bet) and one more issue of Samson (LCS said February 2012).

After that, I would suspect that if the hiatus is not permanent, publishing will begin again next year. Speculation: April 2012

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

yardstick wrote:My understanding is still that Magnus, Turok and Samson will go to 4 issues each and Solar will go to 8 before the hiatus begins.

If what I read is correct, there will be one more issue of Turok (somewhere between August and October, I bet) and one more issue of Samson (LCS said February 2012).

After that, I would suspect that if the hiatus is not permanent, publishing will begin again next year. Speculation: April 2012
I hate to say it but with a release schedule like that and how it has been why even go on hiatus? I mean really it is pretty much status quo for how Dark Horse is treating the titles already.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

BruceReville wrote:
yardstick wrote:My understanding is still that Magnus, Turok and Samson will go to 4 issues each and Solar will go to 8 before the hiatus begins.

I hate to say it but with a release schedule like that and how it has been why even go on hiatus? I mean really it is pretty much status quo for how Dark Horse is treating the titles already.
There's still at least a chance Dark Horse will regroup. :|

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

StarBrand wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Even though blue is my favorite color I am not holding my breath.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

BruceReville wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Even though blue is my favorite color I am not holding my breath.
Nor am I. :lol:

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

The February 2012 wasn't a joke? I mean come on, how could you plan to have something out that far in the future?

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

I read a comment on another site that said Dark Horse had dropped the Gold Key license which a quick check of DH's site proves isn't true. Looks like Dark Horse isn't slowing down thier production on the hardcover reprints of the old Gold Key comics (with Dagar volume 1 and more volumns of Turok and Samson solicited) but I was surprised to see a paperback for the current Turok #1-4 solicited for January...

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/18-084/T ... lume-1-TPB

That seems really optomistic since it took 6 months (or something like that) between issues 1-2 and issue 3 has yet to pop back up on their site with a concrete shipping date. But I can't imagine them soliciting it if they didn't have some reason to think the first plotline would be complete by then.
Last edited by Todd Luck on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:16:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Todd Luck wrote:I read a comment on another site that said Dark Horse had dropped the Gold Key license which a quick check of DH's site proves isn't true. Looks like Dark Horse isn't slowing down thier production on the hardcover reprints of the Gold Key (with Dagar volume 1 and more volumns of Turok and Samson solicited) but I was surprised to see a paperback for the current Turok #1-4 solicited for January...

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/18-084/T ... lume-1-TPB

That seems really optomistic since it took 6 months (or something like that) between issues 1-2 and issue 3 has yet to pop back up on their site with a concrete shipping date. But I can't imagine them soliciting it if they didn't have some reason to think the first plotline would be complete by then.
Good post. Thanks for the info and insight. :thumb:

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

Is it possible that they are not going to publish issues 3 and 4, but instead put them in the TPB?

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

caxiotis wrote:Is it possible that they are not going to publish issues 3 and 4, but instead put them in the TPB?
They should seriously consider it if the singles aren't going to make them cash. If I had to guess, that's probably the route they will take.

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

400yrs wrote:
caxiotis wrote:Is it possible that they are not going to publish issues 3 and 4, but instead put them in the TPB?
They should seriously consider it if the singles aren't going to make them cash. If I had to guess, that's probably the route they will take.
I won't say no one has ever done that (I'm sure someone has at some point in comic history) but it's almost unheard of. If they're going to produce the material they darn well better put out the comics they solicited that the readers (who've invested $7 on the series so far) and retailers are waiting on. If they were going to do something crazy like cancel the remaining issues and put the material in trades instead, I doubt Solar 7 would've come out a few weeks ago.

I think the bigger problem is if the material would ready to be printed in any form by January.
Last edited by Todd Luck on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:20:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

I added Dr Solar 8 on September 14th to the top post.

StarBrand
Re: Dark Horse Gold Key Release Dates

Post by StarBrand »

Less than 4 weeks to Dr Solar 8. After that, perhaps the next book out in this line will be The Occultist #1 from the upcoming 4 issue mini. Of course, we could be seeing Turok 3 or Mighty Samson 4 scheduled at anytime.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Savant
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Savant »

StarBrand wrote:Less than 4 weeks to Dr Solar 8. After that, perhaps the next book out in this line will be The Occultist #1 from the upcoming 4 issue mini. Of course, we could be seeing Turok 3 or Mighty Samson 4 scheduled at anytime.

I'm hoping for Turok.

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

Mighty Samson 4 is solicited on Dark Horse's website for October 5th :)
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

JonesyAZ wrote:Mighty Samson 4 is solicited on Dark Horse's website for October 5th :)
Thanks, bro. I'll update the top post now.

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

Just saw Turok #4 listed for the same week as Samson #4 on DH's site.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/17-368/ ... of-Stone-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure this is a mistake, though I'm not sure what type. Obviously they're not coming out with #4 before #3. So maybe it's really supposed to be a solicitation for #3? Maybe both issues of turok are supposed to be up, but they screwed up? Maybe they got the wrong issue and put it on the wrong date? Maybe there shouldn't be any Turok issues up at all and they just screwed up?

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

Turok TPB is already scheduled for January 4, 2012, too.
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Todd Luck wrote:Just saw Turok #4 listed for the same week as Samson #4 on DH's site.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/17-368/ ... of-Stone-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure this is a mistake, though I'm not sure what type. Obviously they're not coming out with #4 before #3. So maybe it's really supposed to be a solicitation for #3? Maybe both issues of turok are supposed to be up, but they screwed up? Maybe they got the wrong issue and put it on the wrong date? Maybe there shouldn't be any Turok issues up at all and they just screwed up?
More strange scheduling problems with this line. :?

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Turok 3 and Occultist 1 is now on the schedule and reflected as such on the top post. Thanks to Second_Death for the heads up.

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

Turok #3 is solicited for next week with #4 scheduled for just a few weeks later. That doesn't even seem possible. I hope the art doesn't take too big a hit. So by October 5 all the current plotlines will be wrapped up and we'll have to wait to see what (if any) new books get solicited starting with comics shipping in December

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

Todd Luck wrote:Turok #3 is solicited for next week with #4 scheduled for just a few weeks later. That doesn't even seem possible. I hope the art doesn't take too big a hit. So by October 5 all the current plotlines will be wrapped up and we'll have to wait to see what (if any) new books get solicited starting with comics shipping in December
Turok 3 & 4 are only about 5-6 months late as it is and they both could have been sitting completed for who knows how long on the shelf. So I doubt art takes a hit for being released a couple weeks apart, as they have been finished for a while. I am glad that at least they are coming out. At one point it was reported that they wouldn't come out as individual issues at all, but as part of a TPB.

Dark Horse has just sh!tted all the Gold Key properties.
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

BruceReville wrote:
Todd Luck wrote:Turok #3 is solicited for next week with #4 scheduled for just a few weeks later. That doesn't even seem possible. I hope the art doesn't take too big a hit. So by October 5 all the current plotlines will be wrapped up and we'll have to wait to see what (if any) new books get solicited starting with comics shipping in December
Turok 3 & 4 are only about 5-6 months late as it is and they both could have been sitting completed for who knows how long on the shelf. So I doubt art takes a hit for being released a couple weeks apart, as they have been finished for a while. I am glad that at least they are coming out. At one point it was reported that they wouldn't come out as individual issues at all, but as part of a TPB.

Dark Horse has just sh!tted all the Gold Key properties.
Well since the artwork in Turok #1, which came out on time, looked rushed, and the artwork on Turok #2, which took about six months to come out, looked fantastic, I'm assuming if the same artist is putting out two books in 5 months the art will take a hit.

Where are you getting your information? It took the artist four months to do issue two so I'd be shocked if the pencils have been done for awhile (but anythings possible I suppose). Every single person involved with the project said the remaining issues of the current plotlines would come out. I've never seen any talk of the issues only coming out in trade outside of idle speculaton by fans online.

How did Dark Horse just sh!t all the Gold Key properties?