ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Nov 13, 2018 8:43:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Destiny
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:18:42 pm 
I live to be inefficient!

Anyone playing this? I've been playing for two days and I love it so far! If anyone is playing on Xbox One, we should get a clan together.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Destiny
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:02:30 pm 
Master of the Dead Universes

I started playing it last night.

I'm up for some occasional game time but the minute someone starts "dancing", I'm gone. 8-)

I don't know why but this single action in the game blows it for me. But again, I could go for some gaming. I'm sure you are very far ahead of me by now but I'm a fast learner.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:19:36 pm 
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.

Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Knightt wrote:

I'm up for some occasional game time but the minute someone starts "dancing", I'm gone. 8-)

I don't know why but this single action in the game blows it for me. But again, I could go for some gaming. I'm sure you are very far ahead of me by now but I'm a fast learner.

Knightt sighting! :high-five:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:24:14 pm 

Knightt wrote:

Hey dood! I don't know if I can contain the dancing, but I'll try. :D

Currently, I have a 20-something warlock but I've been wanting to try a titan. So low level isn't a problem. I will say that I found this game to be very tough as a solo game, but it's a blast as a group.

Anyway, I'm etos45 on there too, so if you wanna play send me an invite. I can either bring the 20 to help power level or we can run lowly guys. :thumb:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:54:16 am 

greg wrote:
Knightt wrote:

Knightt sighting! :high-five:

Believe it... or Not ! !

Tune in next week when we try and track down The Jersey Devil.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:51:50 am 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them

Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Man I love this game. No time to play at all lately (which sux since the new DLC came out this week & I pre-paid for it just after Xmas!), but I did build up a Warlock character to level 30.

The story mode left a lot to be desired, (which is generally the most important aspect for me) but overall the gameplay mechanics, equipment upgrading & the strict structure of the online component had me really hooked on this game.

I typically really dislike playing video games online, but since you don't have to compete with other players for ammo/equipment pickups, and online missions are limited to fire-teams of 3 (or 6 max in a few situations), I really enjoy playing this one online.

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:30:06 pm 
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!

My PS4 name is CPLCHUD. I need help doing the Prison of Elder challenges if anyone is down.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:23:16 pm 

Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
QUARTZ wrote:
My PS4 name is CPLCHUD. I need help doing the Prison of Elder challenges if anyone is down.

Is that name what I think it is? Corporal C.H.U.D.? :lol:

I still haven't had time to dig into it, but I did play a few of the House Of Wolves story missions on Sunday - haven't unlocked the Prison yet, but I'll look you up when I do. What level & character type do you have on the go? I'm still playing a lvl 30 Warlock, trying to get him higher...

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:19:52 pm 

Anyone else into Destiny lately?

I'm getting pumped for The Taken King expansion coming next month - and I even got my wife hooked on the game last month! We now have a level 34 Warlock, a level 33 Hunter & a level 29 Titan on the go...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07:20 am 
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
grendeljd wrote:
The story mode left a lot to be desired, (which is generally the most important aspect for me)

One would think with $500+ Million budget Activision and Bungie could afford some decent writers. Since I'm not a fan of MP games, FPS, or MMOs, and I haven't read or seen anything about Destiny that would make me a fan of these genres.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:21:02 pm 

Did anyone around here get The Taken King expansion? I am really loving the new stuff, they've created a very enjoyable story experience with the missions, added depth to the bounty system (the brand new quest missions are very cool) and tweaked everything about the levelling up/gearing up system to make it a much more well rounded fun game to dive into.

I'm really happy with this game - and my wife (normally not a gamer) is a fan of playing it too!

Offline Profile