Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Henry
Turok for the 360

Post by The Noto »

Was this a game worth playing. I seem to recall being unimpressed by the demo, whenever it was released on Live ages ago.

Was considering picking this up in a used shop somewhere.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
Re: Turok for the 360

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Compared to the original Turok games, it's pretty mediocre. They basically just use the name Turok to sell a video game on the 360 version. They could have stuck any title on the game and it would have been the same.

The weapons are unimpressive and the jungle levels get really boring. You'll probably be using the combat knife a lot because the weapons don't really have enough kick to take out much without losing a ton of heath. The lack of ammo gets a bit frustrating as well. I think they really missed out by not making it more open world and less linear. Most of the game you get that corridor feeling. I have no idea what kept delaying the game originally, because there was nothing noteworthy or complex about the game.

It's not the worst game I've played and since you can pick it up for 5 bucks or so, it should be worth trying out. You can probably beat it in a weekend or two.

Baramos
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Re: Turok for the 360

Post by Baramos »

Just to elaborate slightly, it has nothing to do with Turok as established in any of the comics or N64 video games. The only similarity is you fight dinosaurs and other creatures on an alien planet (not the Lost Land). You are a space marine named John Turok.