Kingdom Hearts

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Kingdom Hearts

Post by lorddunlow »

So we got KH 1.5 HD Remix (don't you just love how Japan names everything?), and my wife and I (and my son, actually) are really enjoying it.

It is a collection of 2 PS2 KH games and the cutscenes from a Nintendo DS game:

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - the Final Mix version was a suped up version with extra scenes, enemies, weapons, retweaked controls and difficulty, etc. I have been pining for this version for over a decade as it was only available in Japan until now.

2. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories - this is actually a complete remake of a Gameboy Advance game that came out in between KH and KH 2. It was not that great (I didn't even finish it) and I never purchased the PS2 version. It has card based battle mechanics (which was all the rage at the time it was originally released) which took away from the fun. We'll definitely give it another go - my son actually likes it the most.

3. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (again with the weird titles) - I have this game on my DS, but have never even had the time to start playing it.

Kingdom Hearts is a perennial favorite that we break out and replay at least once a year if not more often. This version makes that much more enjoyable as the graphics are majorly improved from the PS2 version - the colors pop, the cutscenes look amazing, and the whole thing is widescreen now which just makes it that much better. We're playing on the new Proud difficulty level and it is brutal, even in the training stages of the early game. It's definitely going to be a challenge.

I can't wait until Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix comes out!
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.