no - i am one of the lucky few!
53%

Total votes: 15

toddyboy
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
xbox 360 problems

Post by toddyboy »

i sent my xbox out for service two months after i bought it. the hdmi out just stopped working for no reason. it only took them two days to fix it, but i'm out an xbox for three weeks due to shipping times. i should get it sometime next week.

i mean really? ....really? really.....

etos45
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

My original 360 RROD'd probably about 4 years after I bought it (late 2009, I think), but I fixed it myself for about $30 in parts. The second one I bought (before I knew I could fix mine) has worked fine since I bought it. The 360's have a lot of issues from heat, but PS3 isn't immune to those problems and they also have the problem of bad optical lenses on all three of their releases. I think I went through 3 PS2s.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

I've only had mine since Christmas, so the only problem I've had is a game freezing up once in awhile.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I'm on Nos. 4 and 5.

:?

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

depluto wrote:I'm on Nos. 4 and 5.

:?
With as many achievement points you have, I'm not surprised. :P

No problems yet with my 360 other than that fan spinning like a jet airplane and the heat it puts out could warm a small room during the winter.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

LOL I dont have a 360... I only have a PS3. 4 years.. no problems. .. well, except that whole security thing. It didnt effect me though :thumb:

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

I had the RRoD and then I wore out the laser used to read the discs.

Right now my problem is: that the trey won't open unless a disc is in the tray and it doesn't matter if I push the button to open the trey on the console or on the dashboard with the controller, it simply will not open with no disc in it. And if there isn't a disc in the trey I have to physically hit the damn thing really hard on the top of it right next to the hard drive.

If a disc is in the trey it opens with no problems.

jridd28
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by jridd28 »

I went through 3 of them! Microsoft sucks in general, IMO! My Xbox experience sucked and my Dell Laptop screams the word SUCKS!!! Whoever created VISTA should be destroyed! Oh Yeah, Microsoft created Vista so they SHOULD be DESTROYED, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toddyboy

Post by toddyboy »

got my xbox back yesterday. well, not MY xbox, got a refurb back. i guess MY xbox was too *SQUEE* up to fix. the fan on this one sounds like a 747 on takeoff, and you can still fry an egg on it after an hours worth of gaming. i predict they'll get this one back shortly. fricken POS.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

toddyboy wrote:got my xbox back yesterday. well, not MY xbox, got a refurb back. i guess MY xbox was too *SQUEE* up to fix. the fan on this one sounds like a 747 on takeoff, and you can still fry an egg on it after an hours worth of gaming. i predict they'll get this one back shortly. fricken POS.
If I've heard correctly, you never get your original Xbox back. When they get the broken 360, they immediately ship a refurb back and then try to fix the broken one to give to someone else later.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

etos45 wrote:
toddyboy wrote:got my xbox back yesterday. well, not MY xbox, got a refurb back. i guess MY xbox was too *SQUEE* up to fix. the fan on this one sounds like a 747 on takeoff, and you can still fry an egg on it after an hours worth of gaming. i predict they'll get this one back shortly. fricken POS.
If I've heard correctly, you never get your original Xbox back. When they get the broken 360, they immediately ship a refurb back and then try to fix the broken one to give to someone else later.
Last time I shipped one back I got the same one in return ... had a sticker from my office on it.

jridd28

Post by jridd28 »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/201 ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toddyboy

Post by toddyboy »

did you watch the one about the fake japanese pop idols? :lol:

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

Im very lucky that my 360 hasnt had any trouble yet except when i loaded mine to my brother and the audio video cord was cut by mistake. :|

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I sent in my original 360 once or twice. Paid the $100 for it one of those times I think. Sent my 360 Slim that I've had since Christmas last year in for repair in May. Lightning storm seemed to have zapped it's modem. It still worked fine, but it wouldn't connect to Live. Had to get it fixed before the kids got got out of school for the summer. Now the power supply brick for it is humming and rattling sometimes as well. Probably gonna have to send that in or something sometime too.

Toefur
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Toefur »

My original launch one lasted a long time, I thought I was one of the lucky ones. And then it finally red ringed. I sent it back for repairs and they returned it, but it promptly died again a week later. Sent it back and it worked fine until I replaced it with a Slim. Now my slim has just died even though I barely play the thing anymore. Turned it on to check out a demo and got a solid red light with error E82 on the screen. :( So this one's going back. I hope I don't get a refurb, mine's still shiney new looking.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Re: xbox 360 problems

Post by betterthanezra »

I never had the rings but an error code that was unrelated. It was sent in and repaired something to do with a chip that played original X-Box games on the console. Sucked but that was many years ago. No problems since.

Had it since Late 2006

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

R Daneel
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

I've got an original 30gb ?? vanilla tower, an Elite 250gb and last fall picked up the new XBox with Kinect. I'm really pressing my luck but never had any problems, aside from controllers that stopped working. (surely that has nothing to do with my treatment and perhaps letting them slip once in a while)

EDIT: Oh I take that back! My power brick that was with the Elite 250 did croak on me. Not sure what happened but I lost that and an old VCR at the same time so I was thinking I had some power event that hit. /shrug

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

R Daneel wrote:I've got an original 30gb ?? vanilla tower, an Elite 250gb and last fall picked up the new XBox with Kinect. I'm really pressing my luck but never had any problems, aside from controllers that stopped working. (surely that has nothing to do with my treatment and perhaps letting them slip once in a while)

EDIT: Oh I take that back! My power brick that was with the Elite 250 did croak on me. Not sure what happened but I lost that and an old VCR at the same time so I was thinking I had some power event that hit. /shrug
Something similar happened to me last year with my Wii power brick, DVD player and small TV. An energy spike or lightning strike would be my guess. Luckily the power brick was pretty cheap to replace, the other items were needing replaced anyhow for a HD setup.

Squirrel
Dino, how about... Archer & Armsquirrel?
Dino, how about... Archer & Armsquirrel?
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by Squirrel »

I have the original XBox 360 40 gb and have had zero problems....anyone play COD Black Ops on XBOX LIVE?? If so add me ---- DetroitSquireL :atomic: