Black Friday game sales

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Black Friday game sales

Post by Knightt »

There are some pretty good deals going on Black Friday that you do not necessarily need to wake up at Zero 'Dark Thirty to take advantage of... GameStop is having sales through out the weekend. Here is the first page of their weekly ad:

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

And many other sales occurring from Nov 26 thru Nov 28. And HERE is a great deal on new copies of Fable III and Halo: Reach at GameStop going on Nov 26 thru Nov 29; both game for $39.99 each (anyone with military base privileges can get their PX/BX to price match AND not pay any tax so you can get a great deal AND stick it to the Govt):

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/cur ... 0US-7.aspx

I believe the Fable and Reach games can be bought not only from GameStop for this price but also Hastings, Blockbuster and other retail chains. And you KNOW that there will not be any shortages in copies of these two games.

And starting on the Nov 23 thru Nov 29, Xbox Live will have the following specials, some games may be available only on certain days, those which days I do not know:

Xbox 360 Games

* "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" (Rockstar Games) - 400 Microsoft Points
* "Halo: Combat Evolved" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

Xbox LIVE Arcade

* "Trials HD" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
* "'Splosion Man" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 160 Microsoft Points
* "Monkey Island: Special Edition" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
* "Madden NFL Arcade" (Electronic Arts) - 400 Microsoft Points
* "Portal: Still Alive" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

(At 400 Microsoft Points or $5 bucks, you CAN'T go wrong with Trials HD, Splosion Man and Portal: Still Alive. Especially at that price. I HIGHLY recommend Trials HD, it is fun, entertaining, challenging and sometimes downright hilarious. Epic motorcycle failures and exploding barrels ALWAYS entail hours of family fun and hilarity)

Zune Movies

* "Clash of the Titans" - 720 Microsoft Points
* "Sex and the City 2" - 720 Microsoft Points
* "Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" - 720 Microsoft Points
* "300" - 380 Microsoft Points

Fable III can be purchased on Amazon.com for $35 and $2.80 for shipping, even cheaper:

http://www.amazon.com/Fable-III-Xbox-36 ... B002I0JGDM

Amazon is having a great number of deals and with the 'no tax' and if you purchase over $50 worth of loot, you item(s) may qualify for free shipping. You will not have the instant gratification of having the game in hand but you will save a bit of money. Games are typically limited to one per customer... for me this means that the two copies of Fable III that I have promised two of my kids will need to be store bought (and when one if not playing it, you KNOW I will be invoking my power as 'Daddycus-letme-borrowthine-gameicus' !!!

I will try and add more as I find them... for me, there will be nothing but sleeping in a few hours on Black Friday, going to work and then running out at some point to pick up two copies of Fable III for m... the KIDS.

LOTS of internet Black Friday sales going on, men... some starting online at midnight but MANY starting at 5 a.m. local.

Good luck and good hunting...

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Monkey Island for 400 points... wahey! That'll only be the 3rd format I've bought the game on :lol:

HaloReach2010
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by HaloReach2010 »

Halo: Combat Evolved for 400 MS points....? SOLD

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Thanks for the heads up.

Knightt